Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | World of Warcraft | WildStar | Albion Online

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,737,204 Users Online:0
Games:714  Posts:6,176,612
Zenimax Online Studios | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/04/14)  | Pub:Bethesda Softworks
Distribution: | Retail Price:$59.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac Playstation 4 Xbox One | Out of date info? Let us know!

Elder Scrolls Online Forum » General Discussion » POLL: Faction Lock, or Not...

7 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Search
125 posts found
  Tuktz

Novice Member

3/05/13 7:51:41 PM#121
First option is great. I liked that setup in daoc a lot!

MMO history - EVE GW2 SWTOR RIFT WAR COH/V EQ2 WOW DAOC
Tuktz - http://www.heretic.shivtr.com/

Hestia

Novice Member

Love the Life You Live. Live the Life You Love

3/05/13 9:26:12 PM#122
Originally posted by walltar
I'd go with second option ... you can go to enemy zones, but there should be guards in cities and bigger towns who would attack you on sight. You are still in enemy territory.

Seconded. Pretty sure most of the non PvPers voted the first option. Would also be great if we had a restriction in the newbie starting areas too. Everything else? Get some guards protecting some zones and PvP all the way!

Nanfoodle

Elite Member

3/06/13 7:18:44 AM#123
Originally posted by Hestia
I'd go with second option ... you can go to enemy zones, but there should be guards in cities and bigger towns who would attack you on sight. You are still in enemy territory.

Seconded. Pretty sure most of the non PvPers voted the first option. Would also be great if we had a restriction in the newbie starting areas too. Everything else? Get some guards protecting some zones and PvP all the way!

Thats the part most people keep missing. TES fans, not MMO fans but people who will play this game because they loved TES most likely will ask 'Why every time I go explore some player keeps killing me?' TSE fans and MMO pure PvE fans have been thought of in the current design. DAoC system gives pure PvE fans the space they want and better yet PvP fans get the best of the best for PvP. Having PvP everywhere thins out the battles. Lowering the chance for a large sale battle. Making sure all PvP happens on one map means more fun for PvP gamers. 

This current system lets PvEers and PvPer have what they want without stepping on eachothers toes and wil make sure we net the most number of fans. 

Tuktz

Novice Member

3/06/13 9:32:05 AM#124
Originally posted by Nanfoodle
Originally posted by Hestia

Thats the part most people keep missing. TES fans, not MMO fans but people who will play this game because they loved TES most likely will ask 'Why every time I go explore some player keeps killing me?' TSE fans and MMO pure PvE fans have been thought of in the current design. DAoC system gives pure PvE fans the space they want and better yet PvP fans get the best of the best for PvP. Having PvP everywhere thins out the battles. Lowering the chance for a large sale battle. Making sure all PvP happens on one map means more fun for PvP gamers. 

This current system lets PvEers and PvPer have what they want without stepping on eachothers toes and wil make sure we net the most number of fans. 

I agree. Regardless of what I want, game after game has shown that if you want a LARGE population of players, a lot of those players want the CHOICE between PVE and PVP. (heck population wise, PVE players have always outnumbered PVP players by a big margin as well).

The PVP crowd that wants open or semi open PVP in all zones of the game are usually the loudest, but far from the majority.

Don't get me wrong though, I love RVR, and that's why I'm going to check out both TESO and camelot unchained, because in CU the entire world is RVR open access. But it works well in that game, because there is no PVE to speak of, so there's no need to separate the two.

As with most things in life, this is a good compromise. People that only want to PVE can stay in their homelands, and people that ONLY want to PVP can stick to CYRA. THe rest of us that like to dabble in both can pick and choose which we want to do depending on our mood on that day.

Usually a lot of this stems from a vocal minority that wants to take their PVP toon to go kill some casual PVE type to mess with his gaming experience LOL.

It's tough I know, when you go to an area designated for PVP, because then the people are actually there to fight you instead of unsuspecting victims. =)

MMO history - EVE GW2 SWTOR RIFT WAR COH/V EQ2 WOW DAOC
Tuktz - http://www.heretic.shivtr.com/

SoMuchMass

Apprentice Member

3/06/13 11:35:20 AM#125
Originally posted by Nitth

So, Interpreting that, Majority want something else besides the current design.

More like the community doens't know what it wants.  It could have been any model and there would be disagreements.

7 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Search