Trending Games | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn | Star Wars: The Old Republic | EverQuest | World of Warcraft

  Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,901,172 Users Online:0
Games:753  Posts:6,271,594
Zenimax Online Studios | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/04/14)  | Pub:Bethesda Softworks
Distribution: | Retail Price:$59.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac Playstation 4 Xbox One | Out of date info? Let us know!

Elder Scrolls Online Forum » General Discussion » POLL: Faction Lock, or Not...

7 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Search
125 posts found
  Crazyhorsek

Apprentice Member

Joined: 8/18/12
Posts: 252

2/26/13 4:24:24 AM#41
Originally posted by Maelwydd
Originally posted by Crazyhorsek

lol the funny thing is... even with the unrelentless whining the "current design" comes out on top... by far.

lol... nice :) least we can see that this faction lock its only the "vocal minority".

How do you work that out?

 

35% so far for the way it is, the rest for more open PvP....65%.

But hey, if you are happy selling to 35% of your customer base then good for you.

BTW 54 votes is hardly gonna proove anything eitherway so trying to gain some moral high ground or some sort of victory is kinda dumb.

You dont get the point - point is, the majority are united under "one option". I am amused at the twist you give it but you know... if there's an election and 40% are united under a common cause and the other 60% are divided between 5 or 6 parties or  "pockets of resistance" and don't even agree with each other, you know the party with 40% will win right? Its called relative majority.

And its not moral high ground... this is just the best for TESO, it was done before and it worked perfectly but... since its before the WoW era, people don't have any idea of how it works so they see change always as a menace. People will always try to clinge to what they know instead of venturing into the unknown, no matter how good is that unkown.

And btw... since you put things that way, yes I rather have 35% of people that know what they're talking about than 65% that have no clue about the system or its benefits and I'd say that about half of those 65% are just going along with the doom train because of the doom scenarios portrayed here, and half of the other half are thinking about TES single player ... the other half think "faction lock" = SWTOR.

Thats why there are more people under a single choice there - 35% are the ones who actually know, by experience, the good and bad of faction lock and what it will mean in the game context. To be honest... I'll even go as far as to say that those 35% of those "pro faction lock" actually think "yea it will be nice without it BUT from what I've tried all those years, because of the community it just DOESNT WORK, so its better to have a better experience overall than to let something pointless as faction lock ruin the entire game - so yes, please faction lock - been there and at least that worked".

What you think DAoC people never thought "man I'd actually like to go over to hibernia and check their stuff"? But ultimately its for a greater good. I also wish that we all had a "common language" but you know... on the other hand I really dont want to hear all the imature people and comments made when things dont go "how they want it". So... block the language also. Please.

You see how that works right? Its not that people that like faction lock dont like to explore or that they agree in absolute terms with the decision, but they know that the alternative. They've seen the alternative and they've played the alternative and it has far worse consequences when, with faction lock, the integrity of the game is protected and they can just "go around that faction lock and roll an alt to check the other guys stuff".

I dont know whos the "zealot" here... non-factionlock crowd are the ones, dressed in dark-brown priest-like robes shouting "the end is near" while the "faction-lock" are just trying to make you guys see the light - no the sky is not falling and the radio is not witchcraft.

  cura

Advanced Member

Joined: 7/24/04
Posts: 869

2/26/13 4:40:43 AM#42
I would go with full pvp in all areas with downleveling, like in GW2, to discourage high level ganking.
  Maelwydd

Advanced Member

Joined: 2/26/09
Posts: 1169

2/26/13 4:48:52 AM#43
Originally posted by Crazyhorsek

You dont get the point - point is, the majority are united under "one option". I am amused at the twist you give it but you know... if there's an election and 40% are united under a common cause and the other 60% are divided between 5 or 6 parties or  "pockets of resistance" and don't even agree with each other, you know the party with 40% will win right? Its called relative majority.

And its not moral high ground... this is just the best for TESO, it was done before and it worked perfectly but... since its before the WoW era, people don't have any idea of how it works so they see change always as a menace. People will always try to clinge to what they know instead of venturing into the unknown, no matter how good is that unkown.

And btw... since you put things that way, yes I rather have 35% of people that know what they're talking about than 65% that have no clue about the system or its benefits and I'd say that about half of those 65% are just going along with the doom train because of the doom scenarios portrayed here, and half of the other half are thinking about TES single player ... the other half think "faction lock" = SWTOR.

Thats why there are more people under a single choice there - 35% are the ones who actually know, by experience, the good and bad of faction lock and what it will mean in the game context. To be honest... I'll even go as far as to say that those 35% of those "pro faction lock" actually think "yea it will be nice without it BUT from what I've tried all those years, because of the community it just DOESNT WORK, so its better to have a better experience overall than to let something pointless as faction lock ruin the entire game - so yes, please faction lock - been there and at least that worked".

What you think DAoC people never thought "man I'd actually like to go over to hibernia and check their stuff"? But ultimately its for a greater good. I also wish that we all had a "common language" but you know... on the other hand I really dont want to hear all the imature people and comments made when things dont go "how they want it". So... block the language also. Please.

You see how that works right? Its not that people that like faction lock dont like to explore or that they agree in absolute terms with the decision, but they know that the alternative. They've seen the alternative and they've played the alternative and it has far worse consequences when, with faction lock, the integrity of the game is protected and they can just "go around that faction lock and roll an alt to check the other guys stuff".

I dont know whos the "zealot" here... non-factionlock crowd are the ones, dressed in dark-brown priest-like robes shouting "the end is near" while the "faction-lock" are just trying to make you guys see the light - no the sky is not falling and the radio is not witchcraft.

Do another poll then.

Make the poll a 50/50 choice between 'keep the game as it is'  and 'no faction locked territory and ability to explore entire continent of Tamriel without changing the central PvP in Cyrodil' and see what the results are.

Assuming people don't know the subjuct to substanciate your view and to make it appar opposers are clueless is just petty and totally transparent.

The main problem isn't the PvP anyway, is is the lack of freedom to explore which is CENTRAL to any TES game. On top of that is the choice to use a system that removes that. Like having a Banana split but not making t with Banana's - Yeah that right, fucking retarded.

 

  aylwynn

Novice Member

Joined: 2/09/13
Posts: 95

2/26/13 4:49:10 AM#44
Originally posted by cura
I would go with full pvp in all areas with downleveling, like in GW2, to discourage high level ganking.

 

Autoscaling didn't work for direct PvP in GuildWars 2 at all. Downgraded players with highend equipment will still have stats capped. Autoscaling was just for grouping up/helping friends without stealing Exp/having easymode OR involving lowlevel characters into siegeaspects of World vs World. Autoscaling (it doesnt matter if up- or downscaling) would never work since there will always minimumstats as upgraded lowlevel player or capstats as downgraded highend equipped player.

  Nikopol

Novice Member

Joined: 11/21/08
Posts: 627

Brought to you by... The Spirit of Nikopol.

2/26/13 4:50:04 AM#45
Originally posted by Crazyhorsek
Originally posted by Maelwydd
Originally posted by Crazyhorsek

lol the funny thing is... even with the unrelentless whining the "current design" comes out on top... by far.

lol... nice :) least we can see that this faction lock its only the "vocal minority".

How do you work that out?

 

35% so far for the way it is, the rest for more open PvP....65%.

But hey, if you are happy selling to 35% of your customer base then good for you.

BTW 54 votes is hardly gonna proove anything eitherway so trying to gain some moral high ground or some sort of victory is kinda dumb.

You dont get the point - point is, the majority are united under "one option". I am amused at the twist you give it but you know... if there's an election and 40% are united under a common cause and the other 60% are divided between 5 or 6 parties or  "pockets of resistance" and don't even agree with each other, you know the party with 40% will win right? Its called relative majority.

....

 

Really? I think voters for any "no faction lock" option would vote for one of the other "no faction lock" options over the faction lock one. I don't even know the difference between the second and third options. :)

I'm thinking a second tour would be a large margin win.

  User Deleted
2/26/13 4:54:16 AM#46

I don't understand why people complain about a core concept of a game as if it is going to magically change.

It would be like me complaining that I cant use my Horde characters to group with Alliance on WoW. Or why I can't have open world PvP in Guild Wars 2. Or why my Assassin in Everquest 2 can't shoot fireballs.

The game is based around RvR, thats why it is designed this way. It's not going to change, either move on or get over it.

  Popple

Novice Member

Joined: 6/14/11
Posts: 156

2/26/13 4:58:04 AM#47
I don't care what they do..All i know i want to have fun and be entertain and not be bored. Simple yes? If not it will be a failed game..

I retired retroactively..Haha

  Crazyhorsek

Apprentice Member

Joined: 8/18/12
Posts: 252

2/26/13 4:59:00 AM#48

Problem is that poll is actually pretty accurate - 1 option says what players from the "faction lock" crowd want... the others show that the "non-faction lock" crowd actually dont know what they want since they have to divide all the options. It just shows that people against the faction lock dont actually have a consensus but its a "everyone for himself as long as it doesnt have faction lock"

I wont go down the philosophy rabbit hole but...

Its different when someone says "I like this car" than "I like everyother car unless its THAT car", it just shows you dont really like cars, you just happen to not like that particular one, because every other is fine by you. It reminds me of those guys who watch football that don't actually love their teams but instead choose to hate a particular team so they choose the opposite. "Hey any team but that one bro".

  Crazyhorsek

Apprentice Member

Joined: 8/18/12
Posts: 252

2/26/13 5:01:54 AM#49
Originally posted by evilastro

It would be like me complaining that I cant use my Horde characters to group with Alliance on WoW. 

Actually I think that if the wow player base cries enough blizzard can do this.

  Maelwydd

Advanced Member

Joined: 2/26/09
Posts: 1169

2/26/13 5:11:28 AM#50

If you still have 1 option for faction lock and 100 options for other ways to do it the poll would be even more diluted....no shit sherlock!

Seriously, you can make a poll say what you want and read into it what you want. As I said, do the other poll and see what happens. But of course, you can word the poll to get what you want, gotta love marketting and advetising 'honesty'.

  Crazyhorsek

Apprentice Member

Joined: 8/18/12
Posts: 252

2/26/13 5:11:40 AM#51
Originally posted by Maelwydd

Do another poll then.

Make the poll a 50/50 choice between 'keep the game as it is'  and 'no faction locked territory and ability to explore entire continent of Tamriel without changing the central PvP in Cyrodil' and see what the results are.

Assuming people don't know the subjuct to substanciate your view and to make it appar opposers are clueless is just petty and totally transparent.

The main problem isn't the PvP anyway, is is the lack of freedom to explore which is CENTRAL to any TES game. On top of that is the choice to use a system that removes that. Like having a Banana split but not making t with Banana's - Yeah that right, fucking retarded.

 

Lol... yea "do another poll then".

You dont get it do you? First I was talking about this poll and second, the poll was done by an "anti faction lock" activist. And its funny how he managed to divide his own side of the voting because he knows, or his subconscious knows that the people that are against faction lock actually have different opinions amongst them.

If there was a second poll there should be only about the "non faction lock" and of course watch as you all would eat yourselves over some other petty thing like "I want my rocks round" "no, I want them sharp" or "I hate voice acting, I want a wall of text just look at the swtor failure lolz <ronc wipe his nose>" "no way man, voice acting was great in skyrim and TES is all about voice acting"

There are more things that divide the "non faction lock" crowd... because you know... whiners gonna whine and there will always be something for someone to whine about - this is the current game world (yea I know, whining used to be mostly an mmorpg exclusive, but these days whining even manages to change how single player games end lol "ohhhh I dont want my game to end like that - OI YEW! <insert random company here and random game that ends with 3> CHAENGE MOI END GAYME COZ IT SOCKS! I WONT TO SOIVE THE FOCKIN PLANET - CHAENGE IT, NOW!"

Oh the gaming community these days is... so bad. Really.

  cura

Advanced Member

Joined: 7/24/04
Posts: 869

2/26/13 5:47:07 AM#52
Originally posted by aylwynn
Originally posted by cura
I would go with full pvp in all areas with downleveling, like in GW2, to discourage high level ganking.

 

Autoscaling didn't work for direct PvP in GuildWars 2 at all. Downgraded players with highend equipment will still have stats capped. Autoscaling was just for grouping up/helping friends without stealing Exp/having easymode OR involving lowlevel characters into siegeaspects of World vs World. Autoscaling (it doesnt matter if up- or downscaling) would never work since there will always minimumstats as upgraded lowlevel player or capstats as downgraded highend equipped player.

In GW2 it wasnt implemented for open world pvp. Here they could put a cap on everything so your top level gear wont give you more then on-level gear. It wont solve everything becouse there woud probably be disparity in abilities high and low level character have but as i said, i think it would discourage gankers, not eliminate the problem completely. For me, definitely worth a shot as random open world pvp between same level characters is my preffered form.

  fs23otm

Advanced Member

Joined: 6/11/07
Posts: 263

2/26/13 5:56:51 AM#53

This is too funny. I saw a poll on here the other day about Faction lock vs Open world, but it wasn't about PVP. Now this poll pops up. The other poll was like 80% for open world. This poll now shows that 34% want to keep PVP in Cyrodiil. 

That tells me that most of the people complaining are either open world gankers or PVE'ers. 

  Maelwydd

Advanced Member

Joined: 2/26/09
Posts: 1169

2/26/13 6:13:15 AM#54
Originally posted by fs23otm

This is too funny. I saw a poll on here the other day about Faction lock vs Open world, but it wasn't about PVP. Now this poll pops up. The other poll was like 80% for open world. This poll now shows that 34% want to keep PVP in Cyrodiil. 

That tells me that most of the people complaining are either open world gankers or PVE'ers. 

I fail to see your logic...

If most people want an open world and PvP just in Cyrodil...how does that mean people are open world gankers? Isn't that the exact opposite of the results? Or is the 65% the majority now so your argument makes sense?

And what exactly is the problem if most people are PvE'ers? (Except of course the developers have descided to make it a PvP central game - know your target audiance)

 

 

  SavageHorizon

Advanced Member

Joined: 1/14/13
Posts: 1571

2/26/13 6:16:31 AM#55
Originally posted by Maelwydd
Originally posted by Crazyhorsek

You dont get the point - point is, the majority are united under "one option". I am amused at the twist you give it but you know... if there's an election and 40% are united under a common cause and the other 60% are divided between 5 or 6 parties or  "pockets of resistance" and don't even agree with each other, you know the party with 40% will win right? Its called relative majority.

And its not moral high ground... this is just the best for TESO, it was done before and it worked perfectly but... since its before the WoW era, people don't have any idea of how it works so they see change always as a menace. People will always try to clinge to what they know instead of venturing into the unknown, no matter how good is that unkown.

And btw... since you put things that way, yes I rather have 35% of people that know what they're talking about than 65% that have no clue about the system or its benefits and I'd say that about half of those 65% are just going along with the doom train because of the doom scenarios portrayed here, and half of the other half are thinking about TES single player ... the other half think "faction lock" = SWTOR.

Thats why there are more people under a single choice there - 35% are the ones who actually know, by experience, the good and bad of faction lock and what it will mean in the game context. To be honest... I'll even go as far as to say that those 35% of those "pro faction lock" actually think "yea it will be nice without it BUT from what I've tried all those years, because of the community it just DOESNT WORK, so its better to have a better experience overall than to let something pointless as faction lock ruin the entire game - so yes, please faction lock - been there and at least that worked".

What you think DAoC people never thought "man I'd actually like to go over to hibernia and check their stuff"? But ultimately its for a greater good. I also wish that we all had a "common language" but you know... on the other hand I really dont want to hear all the imature people and comments made when things dont go "how they want it". So... block the language also. Please.

You see how that works right? Its not that people that like faction lock dont like to explore or that they agree in absolute terms with the decision, but they know that the alternative. They've seen the alternative and they've played the alternative and it has far worse consequences when, with faction lock, the integrity of the game is protected and they can just "go around that faction lock and roll an alt to check the other guys stuff".

I dont know whos the "zealot" here... non-factionlock crowd are the ones, dressed in dark-brown priest-like robes shouting "the end is near" while the "faction-lock" are just trying to make you guys see the light - no the sky is not falling and the radio is not witchcraft.

Yeah that right, fucking retarded.

 

What's "fucking retarded" as you put it is you still spounting the nonsence instead of running down to university and booking that course i advised you to take. Instead your here still  going on about it not being tes but you still haven't answered my question on whether you have played the game.

I assuming that you must have, can you tell us how it plays, feels and compare to the single player tes immersion. Your mystal insight is greatly needed to put these mer mortal devs in their places once and for all.

Thanks

Coolermaster Cosmos II Case
Corsair AX1200W Modular PSU
Intel Core i7 3970X OC 4.50GHz
Asus P9X79 PRO Intel X7
16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 PC3-1866MHz
840 Series 250GB SSDs
Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDDs
EVGA SuperClocked GTX TITAN 6GB GDDR5 SLi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0i88t0Kacs

  Maelwydd

Advanced Member

Joined: 2/26/09
Posts: 1169

2/26/13 6:21:05 AM#56
Originally posted by SavageHorizon

 

What's "fucking retarded" as you put it is you still spounting the nonsence instead of running down to university and booking that course i advised you to take. Instead your here still  going on about it not being tes but you still haven't answered my question on whether you have played the game.

I assuming that you must have, can you tell us how it plays, feels and compare to the single player tes immersion. Your mystal insight is greatly needed to put these mer mortal devs in their places once and for all.

Thanks

Why would I book a course? I am already in my final year and averaging a pretty good score thanks.

As for the rest...ever had cancer? Need to get it to realise it probably isn't a good thing to get.

Unlike you I can read about a game, look at the design concepts and lore provided and ENGAGE BRAIN.

  SavageHorizon

Advanced Member

Joined: 1/14/13
Posts: 1571

2/26/13 6:34:36 AM#57
Originally posted by Maelwydd
Originally posted by SavageHorizon

 

What's "fucking retarded" as you put it is you still spounting the nonsence instead of running down to university and booking that course i advised you to take. Instead your here still  going on about it not being tes but you still haven't answered my question on whether you have played the game.

I assuming that you must have, can you tell us how it plays, feels and compare to the single player tes immersion. Your mystal insight is greatly needed to put these mer mortal devs in their places once and for all.

Thanks

Why would I book a course? 

No you don't need that course after all. I mean you are wasted sitting on that chair in front of your desktop when you could be getting paid millions to make TESO. You have read about it and watch vids and some how through this you have gained some devine insight on how the game actually plays.

Wow! call ZeniMax and i reckon they will sack Matt and Paul and install Maelwydd the bestest arm chair devs on the nets to really make that block buster MMO.

Can you get me into beta?

Coolermaster Cosmos II Case
Corsair AX1200W Modular PSU
Intel Core i7 3970X OC 4.50GHz
Asus P9X79 PRO Intel X7
16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 PC3-1866MHz
840 Series 250GB SSDs
Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDDs
EVGA SuperClocked GTX TITAN 6GB GDDR5 SLi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0i88t0Kacs

  Nanfoodle

Advanced Member

Joined: 5/23/06
Posts: 3508

2/26/13 6:56:56 AM#58
Originally posted by Maelwydd
Originally posted by Nanfoodle

 

The game is designed to be played one faction, one map and thats it. My guess is quest and story will repeat in each area to a large degree and would not make sense as each faction is at war and the NPCs and quests in each area will reflect that. My bet is also the dungeons will be mirrored to some level as well. I am sure they would need to do to much work just to let another faction walk on another faction map and thats not worth the devs time. Let them design the game they planed to make and stop asking for things that are larger then you understand. 

Just to check, it it ment to be played

'one faction one map'

or

'3 games in one'

or '

faction locks for faction pride'

or

'explore the entire continent of Tamriel'

 

The game is a confused clusterfuck with their design. They want it be be a TES, they want it to be a RvR game, they want it to be a DAOC game...They don't seem to really be getting any of them.

 

One DAoC fan here and I know others who plan to play it. DAoC is getting old and very dated and who says it cant be both? Lots of people are asking for ESO to be many different types of PvP games, open world, open world with flagging, open world with co-op play with other factions. So ESO fans seem to want some type of PvP. Taking ESO PvE system and class binded with the best PvP system to date, DAoC. Seems like a winning idea. Most people yelling its dumb have never played, really played, DAoC. This is a good thing and will attract many more players. Gives the best of both worlds. Open worldish PvP with the comfort of letting people who like to PvE in peace also get what they want. The ESO RvR area will have quests and I am sure dungeons if they really are taking one from DAoC. So open world nut bars like me will still have their PvP/PvE mash up as well. Dont kick it to the curb till you have tried it!!!!

  fs23otm

Advanced Member

Joined: 6/11/07
Posts: 263

2/26/13 7:02:05 AM#59
Originally posted by Maelwydd
Originally posted by fs23otm

This is too funny. I saw a poll on here the other day about Faction lock vs Open world, but it wasn't about PVP. Now this poll pops up. The other poll was like 80% for open world. This poll now shows that 34% want to keep PVP in Cyrodiil. 

That tells me that most of the people complaining are either open world gankers or PVE'ers. 

I fail to see your logic...

If most people want an open world and PvP just in Cyrodil...how does that mean people are open world gankers? Isn't that the exact opposite of the results? Or is the 65% the majority now so your argument makes sense?

And what exactly is the problem if most people are PvE'ers? (Except of course the developers have descided to make it a PvP central game - know your target audiance)

 

 

What is shows is the other poll 80/20 was tainted with open world PVP'ers, and that really the only people that truely want an open world are people who want to PVE and people who want to have a open-style pvp (an that means ganking). 

It makes the true percentage that want open world very small, because they want it in a specific way. Would the PVPers be happy if they made it open world PVE? Would the PVE'ers be happy is it was open world PVP?

Zenimax choose the right option... PVE in PVE areas.. and one zone to funnel al the PVP'ers in to promote more PVP.

 

  DMKano

Elite Member

Joined: 6/17/11
Posts: 5801

2/26/13 7:02:54 AM#60

Its faction locked, this is part of the base game design, it won't change no matter how many polls we have.

Let have a poll which way the earth should turn...

7 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Search