Trending Games | World of Warcraft | ArcheAge | EVE Online | Star Wars: The Old Republic

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,815,436 Users Online:0
Games:731  Posts:6,214,591
Zenimax Online Studios | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/04/14)  | Pub:Bethesda Softworks
Distribution: | Retail Price:$59.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac Playstation 4 Xbox One | Out of date info? Let us know!

Elder Scrolls Online Forum » General Discussion » THIS NEW TESO news is going to shock you all, literally.

11 Pages First « 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 » Last Search
209 posts found
  Kuinn

Advanced Member

2/23/13 9:06:21 AM#101
Originally posted by azarhal

Unfortunatly, using well known VO also mean you get to heard the same voice for different characters and sometimes, well it leave side effects. I won't ever see Mission Vao in KoTOR the same way since I played The Secret World (Cassandra King) and GW2 (Countess Anise).

Yeah, though it's the same with all acting, when you are watching a Bruce Willis movie you are watching a Bruce Willis movie. There are many movies that can gain from famous actors, but sometimes they just dont fit, like I dont want to see Bruce Willis in the upcoming Warcraft movie, it would just totally destroy the immersion, movies like Warcraft where you are trying to get immersed in a fantasy setting that is unknown in movie business, the best actors are relatively unknown actors imo.

Ryowulf

Hard Core Member

2/23/13 9:18:07 AM#102

Here is what we know about full voice over useage.

It cost money.

It takes time or at least more time than doing text.

The time part shouldn't be a big deal in development. They should have a VO team and lots of space before release.  I don't know what happens later when they want to add content and have a smaller team, less time and money.  How many quests has Tor added? How much higher is the level cap? How much more personal story is there since launch?

The money is the big question.  On the one hand, Tor sold more games and made more cash because of voice acting, so it may have paid for itself.  Here is the thing, a game has a budget.  Its like if I have a pie to share with my friends.  If I give half of the pie to one friend the rest will be getting less.  Even if I get more pie later all I have is that one right now.

I don't know how much of the budget is going towards full VO, but the more it costs the less everyone else gets.  Does anyone disagree?

We will have to trust that the Devs know what they are doing.  I am more concerned about locked factions/races really.  There is enough going on that I won't be pre-ordering without playing or reading detailed reviews about the game first.

Total_Hunt

Novice Member

2/23/13 9:32:18 AM#103

This isn't new news.

I assume it will be 'fully voiced' like Skyrim / Oblivion. Not long conversations with dialogue choices like Mass Effect / SWTOR.

FromHell

Novice Member

2/23/13 9:39:51 AM#104

spacebar if the story is lame, otherwise nice addition.

Don't mind reading good stories or listening to VO if the rest of the game is good.

Secrets of Dragon´s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

Zorgo

Elite Member

Who did wrong? The advertiser hired to sell the game or the consumer who put faith in advertising?

2/23/13 9:41:26 AM#105
Originally posted by archeageking

its been known that swtor blew $100 million dollars on voice over alone. Who knows how much elder scroll funded on voice acting alone. VO is a red flag for me anyway. 

I was happy to buy day 1 elder scrolls online, but this causes me to be cautious and skeptical. Therefore, not a day 1 purchase for me i will wait it out and check out players review down the road.

That article woke me up, pretty disappointed but what can i do. 

Your name reveals your bias and motives and your opinion seems highly reactionary.

1. SWToR didn't have bad acting. It had bad dialogue and cliche plots.

2. VO can be expensive if you have to use union actors. Yet, this price would give you much much better results than non-unionized 'my friend will do it; he had a great voice when we played d and d' min wage actors.

3. Because SWToR implemented a feature badly, why in the world would that mean a completely different company would be bound to the same fate?

4. I doubt you are really disappointed. I believe you have found your game of choice.

5. I didn't read the article, as I didn't want to be literally really really really shocked. Electricity can kill; and  how the article has mastered the power of electricity to literally reach out and shock someone, well, it makes me scared........

Either that or you completely misused the word. 

Thane

Hard Core Member

I'm a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar.

2/23/13 9:47:42 AM#106

Get ready for those of you who is waiting on TESO, todays new info just literally shocked me like really really really shocked me.

Get ready, drum rolls please.............ITS ITS http://www.gamebreaker.tv/mmorpg/zenimax-gets-vocal-about-the-elder-scrolls-online/

Elder scrolls will have full voice overs, DEJA VU anyone ?? ANYONE? someone didnt learn a lesson from swtor, its  a sad sa  sad sad news. i know you all must be shocked and disbelived right about now....

me too.

im sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

33 posts.....

errrrrrm, ther is no bad news about a fully voiced game. you just need to remember that there is more when developing a game than sound.

TSW also was fully voiced.

no i am not shocked in the slightest way, i like sound. i have ears.

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

Nikopol

Apprentice Member

Brought to you by... The Spirit of Nikopol.

2/23/13 9:50:59 AM#107

This tells us nothing about the game apart from the fact itself that it's fully voiced.

DCUO was fully voiced as well as (and earlier than) SWTOR and the two are very different games.

The amount of writing and the presentation of the voiced lines are a big factor.

jdlamson75

Spotlight Poster

There's some lovely filth down here.

2/23/13 9:55:20 AM#108

I like a good cut-scene and VO as much as the next guy who likes a good cut-scene and VO.  As long as the rest of the game keeps me interested, it's all gravy, baby.  SWTOR had heavy voice acting, it's true; SWTOR didn't hold my attention, it's also true - no way that means every other game that has voice overs is going to suck moose butt. 

I'm fairly certain that those of us who are interested are going to play the game and give it a fair shot, and whatever happens after that remains to be seen.

mari3k

Novice Member

2/23/13 9:57:50 AM#109

Thats great, VO is not what have made SWTOR so bad, it was the creppy hero engine and missing of dungeon finder.

To have a good story and cutscenes in a game is the most important part, it creates athmosphere. Everyone who just want to kill/loot ect. is not a true roleplayer and can play shitty games like darkfail.

Step in the arena and break the wall down

Ryowulf

Hard Core Member

2/23/13 10:05:03 AM#110
Originally posted by Thane

33 posts.....

errrrrrm, ther is no bad news about a fully voiced game. you just need to remember that there is more when developing a game than sound.

TSW also was fully voiced.

no i am not shocked in the slightest way, i like sound. i have ears.

TSW had a crappy character gen, bad combat animations and sound.  Now maybe that was a failure of those departments and not from lack of money, but without full vo there would have been more money to spend on the game (whether that money would have been spent wisely, who knows).

DCUO also ended up a failure, although due more to trying to be a hybred con/comp mix.

I like VO, but after the first time hearing it I ignore it, so is it really worth spending a lot of money on?

Ice-Queen

Apprentice Member

"Always borrow money from a pessimist. They won't expect it back."

2/23/13 10:26:33 AM#111

I don't give a crap for voiceovers and story, as long as I can spacebar through it, I won't have a problem with it. I dont play an mmorpg for its voiceover and story. If I want story I read a book. I play an mmorpg for entertainment, playing with friends and family, meeting new friends, and adventuring with them all ingame.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
Dark Age of Camelot

Acidon

Hard Core Member

Permafried

2/23/13 10:30:57 AM#112

Get ready for those of you who is waiting on TESO, todays new info just literally shocked me like really really really shocked me.

Get ready, drum rolls please.............ITS ITS http://www.gamebreaker.tv/mmorpg/zenimax-gets-vocal-about-the-elder-scrolls-online/

Elder scrolls will have full voice overs, DEJA VU anyone ?? ANYONE? someone didnt learn a lesson from swtor, its  a sad sa  sad sad news. i know you all must be shocked and disbelived right about now....

me too.

im sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

If they are on the same level as those in TSW, I welcome them warmly.

Just because sweater sucked balls doesn't mean VOs are terrible.  /bonk

Playing: EverQuest, Defiance, RiFT
Mourning: World of Darkness

Free, Clean & Safe Quality of Life Software:
http://www.acidonsolutions.com

Kyleran

Bitter Vet™

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

2/23/13 10:34:42 AM#113

It don't matter to me......

Bread..1969

"In these forums 'honest' seems to be a symonym for 'hates the game just like I do'" - ohioastro
Kyleran - Bitter Vet ™ since 2006
"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Darth-Batman

Hard Core Member

Bruce, I am your father.

2/23/13 10:37:27 AM#114
You get a minus 1 to you deductive reasoning skills. Of course it would, why would anyone assume different?
  tiefighter25

Novice Member

2/23/13 10:45:49 AM#115
"Come to MMORPG to discuss the ongoing hostilities like the rest of the 'great warriors'?"
  azzamasin

Elite Member

We live in a fantasy world, a world of illusion. The great task in life is to find reality.

2/23/13 11:59:43 AM#116

The similarites between SWTOR and ESO end at Voice Over.  VO's are a mark of Triple-A quality and most newer triple-A games will include them.  You can also include them for much cheaper then SWTOR did.

The differences between the 2 games are vast.  1 is a WoW clone through and through and the other is an innovative, lore rich, exploration centric, full featured MMO featuring new and exciting game systems as well as resurecting long time old school features.

If your idea of a Sandbox is open FFA Full Loot PvP, full crafted world with minimal support for anything combat then your sandbox ideas are bad! Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

FromHell

Novice Member

2/23/13 12:09:13 PM#117

I hope the game has great voiceacting, interesting stories and nicely directed cutscenes.

In SWTOR the cutscenes are static, mostly chars standing around, waving hands and talking. No camera movement, all static.

GW2 was even more lazy with its dull pointless story and chars talking in front of generic backgrounds. I expect A LOT more from ESO.

Secrets of Dragon´s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

DSWBeef

Advanced Member

2/23/13 12:12:05 PM#118
Originally posted by azzamasin

The similarites between SWTOR and ESO end at Voice Over.  VO's are a mark of Triple-A quality and most newer triple-A games will include them.  You can also include them for much cheaper then SWTOR did.

The differences between the 2 games are vast.  1 is a WoW clone through and through and the other is an innovative, lore rich, exploration centric, full featured MMO featuring new and exciting game systems as well as resurecting long time old school features.

YOu speak like you have already played the finished product? All we can do is SPECULATE. The SWTOR devs said the same thing the TESO devs are saying now.

Playing: Archeage Alpha, War Thunder, World of Tanks
Waiting on: Archeage, Wild Star, Everquest Next and The Black Desert

Vindicar

Novice Member

Dun Mock meh engliesh !

2/23/13 12:22:36 PM#119

And other useless thread with a more than wrong title.... thx for wasting my time.

Old school french hardcore whiner. Online since T4C.

I was "Namless" and "Daroot" in AO (Rk2)
Recently known as "Vindicar" (Aion (EU), SWTOR (EU), WoW (EU).
Actually Known as "Wundicar" in Age of Wushu (US)

drchocapic

Novice Member

2/23/13 12:29:54 PM#120
"Literally" doesn't mean what you think it means. Neither does "shock" apparently.
11 Pages First « 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 » Last Search