Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | ArcheAge | War Thunder | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,905,603 Users Online:0
Games:757  Posts:6,295,584
Zenimax Online Studios | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/04/14)  | Pub:Bethesda Softworks
Distribution: | Retail Price:$59.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac Playstation 4 Xbox One | Out of date info? Let us know!

Elder Scrolls Online Forum » General Discussion » General combat and dungeons information

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
24 posts found
  walltar

Novice Member

2/24/13 2:27:43 PM#21
Originally posted by Karteli
Originally posted by walltar
Originally posted by tiefighter25

The only thing that I found worrisome was the no collision detection.

Think this is a design descion like WoW so squishies can use Magic to AOE the crap out of everyone without people walking through them or a limitation on the current code?

I would prefer collision detection.

I heard there will be collision detection ... At leat player - player collision.

And I just read on their forums that most people are speculating there will be collision detection in both the PVP and PVE aspects of the game.

I guess it goes to show that not much is really known as of yet.

Yes we need to wait for more info to make any assumptions. But i remember that some dav said that you can bottleneck enemy in narrow streets so how would that work without collisions.

The same way bottlenecks in Alterac Valley work perhaps?  Get too close and get within range / AoE distance.  The key wording they used was Narrow Streets (i.e. no way to flank).

Not a definite, but you did ask how else that would work without collisions.

Even tho i dont know what Alterac Valley is .. you have a point here. But one thing i don't see is how would that give advantage to smaller group ... they will get out-aoed by biger group. Because if i rememer corectly it was about fighting zergs.

Karteli

Apprentice Member

2/24/13 2:32:14 PM#22

The only thing that I found worrisome was the no collision detection.

Think this is a design descion like WoW so squishies can use Magic to AOE the crap out of everyone without people walking through them or a limitation on the current code?

I would prefer collision detection.

I heard there will be collision detection ... At leat player - player collision.

And I just read on their forums that most people are speculating there will be collision detection in both the PVP and PVE aspects of the game.

I guess it goes to show that not much is really known as of yet.

Yes we need to wait for more info to make any assumptions. But i remember that some dav said that you can bottleneck enemy in narrow streets so how would that work without collisions.

The same way bottlenecks in Alterac Valley work perhaps?  Get too close and get within range / AoE distance.  The key wording they used was Narrow Streets (i.e. no way to flank).

Not a definite, but you did ask how else that would work without collisions.

Even tho i dont know what Alterac Valley is .. you have a point here. But one thing i don't see is how would that give advantage to smaller group ... they will get out-aoed by biger group. Because if i rememer corectly it was about fighting zergs.

I typed it in too late in the other post, but while an attack zerg is possible, defenders usually bottleneck closer to their graveyard so they can die, resurrect, and be right back in combat again .. whereas attackers would have to run a good distance back to the fight, making for a disorganized offensive.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

walltar

Novice Member

2/24/13 2:40:43 PM#23

I typed it in too late in the other post, but while an attack zerg is possible, defenders usually bottleneck closer to their graveyard so they can die, resurrect, and be right back in combat again .. whereas attackers would have to run a good distance back to the fight, making for a disorganized offensive.

Then i hope, that respawning will work same as travel. If you can only respawn in your faction keep (excluding ones being atacked) then that would mean both sides have same travelling distance back to fight.

But you are right .. i hope they will give us info about collisions. Well any info at all.

tiefighter25

Novice Member

2/24/13 4:57:08 PM#24

In WAR, if you were outnumbered, you could let the enemy into the keep, have your tanks physically block them from getting in the back (with healers), meanwhile have dps sneak out the keep, and zerg them from behind. The superiour invading force would be caught inside the keep by collision detection. (They couldn't go either direction, AOEed and dpsed inside the keep.)

Fun stuff like that.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search