Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,931,688 Users Online:0
Games:764  Posts:6,341,946
Zenimax Online Studios | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/04/14)  | Pub:Bethesda Softworks
PVP:Yes | Distribution: | Retail Price:$59.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac Playstation 4 Xbox One | Out of date info? Let us know!

Elder Scrolls Online Forum » General Discussion » With TESOs focus on RvR how do you think it will fair when CU launches?

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
27 posts found
  Casca9226

Novice Member

2/17/13 6:46:23 PM#21
Originally posted by MyTabbycat

Is Camelot Unchained made by Mythic? Nope.

Is Camelot Unchained even in production? Nope.

I'm leary of a game that hasn't even started yet, where the developer says he can have it ready by end of next year or early 2015. That's like less than 2 years actual development. ZeniMax Online has been working on ESO for six years.

And lastly, it's not DAoC 2 anymore than TESO is.

^^this.

As much as im looking into CU and what mark jacobs has to offer, it is still years away.  I think TESO is going to do a great job oRVR and pve wise . Im excited for both but would like some more info on TESO since it is right around the corner (I.E. classes, mounts, housing ect ect).

Vinterkrig

Novice Member

2/17/13 6:50:21 PM#22
Originally posted by Thorbrand
CU is just RvR and MMORPGs are about ALOT more than RvR.

CU doesn't even exist yet, so ......

Iselin

The Listener

2/17/13 6:58:59 PM#23
Originally posted by Vinterkrig
Originally posted by Thorbrand
CU is just RvR and MMORPGs are about ALOT more than RvR.

CU doesn't even exist yet, so ......

Nor is it likely to ever exist...

But even if by some miracle CU comes together, the draw for me never was Arthur, Merlin, etc. it was the RvR with the segregated PVE. TESO will have that. Plus, all in all, I like the ES universe quite a bit.

OgreRaper

Novice Member

2/17/13 8:07:53 PM#24
Dunno, I look forward to playing them both.
  GrayGhost79

Novice Member

OP  2/17/13 8:44:37 PM#25
Originally posted by FARGIN_WAR
Originally posted by GrayGhost79

I'm actually wondering about the longevity of TESO at this point already (Yes, I know the game hasn't launched yet). It's already pushing away many TES fans in favor of RvR fans due to the RvR focus. What happens when it's a battle between CU (The DAoC successor) and TES (A series that was never really about PvP). 

It's basically a battle between Matt Firor and Mark Jacobs vying for the same DAoC player base while Jacobs has the IP advantage. 

What are your thoughts on the matter?

My thoughts are all of this is just rampant speculation based on angst, innuendo, and a few press releases. Personally I'll wait until there is some actual concrete information I can use to formulate an educated opinion. Instead of participating in what seems to be the usuall behavior around here, which is to flail around in an aimless panic like chickens caught in a sudden hail storm.

What else is there beyond speculation at this point? As far as an educated opinion, this an opinion formed based on the current information at hand. While its far to early to expect any kind of accuracy with opinions or predictions of any kind it does not negate the ability to formulate an educated opinion. 

Don't throw a fit and get all defensive, I wasn't asking out of a dislike for either game and this was not a doom and gloom thread. I simply find it interesting that two former colleagues are going to be vying for the same player base using two different games. 

Again lol, don't over react I actually have zero interest in CU. 

baphamet

Hard Core Member

2/18/13 2:57:00 AM#26

Originally posted by Rthuth434
TESO will have years of post launch development and a fanbase before you even play(demo/beta)CU. plus having more content in general in the form of PVE...if anything CU will be seen a s a side game. smaller scale, smaller budget. even if the RvR is better, you're getting less for the dollar objectively.

PS. DAoC, like all other old MMO's that have dropped in popularty have its fanbase absolutely scattered to the wind by now. TESO will have its own and CU will have its own. there's not much of a battle to be had here. they will either have a widley divergent appeal despite RvR due to one being a pvp only game, and if TESO happens to go F2P by the time CU releases well...not much of a hard choice then is there.. play both.

read this ^

vmoped

Novice Member

2/21/13 7:06:39 AM#27
Originally posted by Maephisto

all I can say is......I hope both games kick ass. 

Wont there be a good amount of time between the launch of TESO and CU?

Amen brother!  I am all for EVERY mmo succeeding!  More choices are win for the players!  Back on topic, I believe both games may do well if they can truely 'walk the walk', so to speak, based on recent interviews.

Cheers!

MMO Vet since AOL Neverwinter Nights circa 1992. My MMO beat up your MMO. =S

2 Pages « 1 2 Search