Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,852,102 Users Online:0
Games:733  Posts:6,226,779
Zenimax Online Studios | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/04/14)  | Pub:Bethesda Softworks
Distribution: | Retail Price:$59.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac Playstation 4 Xbox One | Out of date info? Let us know!

Elder Scrolls Online Forum » General Discussion » questions about RVR/PVP

9 posts found
  Casca9226

Novice Member

OP  2/16/13 1:32:45 PM#1
Just have a few questions regarding the way RVR is going to work in this game. I keep hearing about campaigns and shards so my question is: If Im playing on one shard or campaign and my buddy bill is on another campaign, can we join aslong as we are on the same faction? I apologize if this has been answered but I couldnt find anything related.
  Casca9226

Novice Member

OP  2/16/13 3:55:07 PM#2
So none of you internet wizards cam come up with an answer =(
  XforsakerX

Novice Member

Waiting on GW2 and Diablo 3

2/17/13 12:29:54 PM#3
Your question is kinda irrelevant.  ESO will not be using shard's (servers) everyone will be tied into one server , if you watch the video on the main ESO page that video will tell you :)

AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 955 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
6142MB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260
Antec Gaming Phenom
Windows Vista™ Home Premium

Casca9226

Novice Member

OP  2/17/13 4:56:55 PM#4

its actually not irrelevant. they even state is some of the videos that eventhough everyone is on a giant server, the server will have different shards or campaigns for people

teknotaz

Novice Member

Play hard and die playing.

2/17/13 6:40:02 PM#5
if you group up with someone, you should have the ability to switch shards so you and your friends can play together.

Iselin

The Listener

2/17/13 6:54:28 PM#6

The answer is that none of us knows for sure yet. They've said that you are locked to a particular campaign for its duration. But they've also said you can visit your friend's campaign by spending some points you accumulate and can use for various things. I forget what they call them...realm points? i got the impression that there will be some limits on how often you can do it.

Across factions? Nope. You're racially locked into a faction and even when you go visiting, you'll be locked out of the other 2 factions.

Crazyhorsek

Novice Member

2/17/13 10:54:11 PM#7
Originally posted by Iselin

The answer is that none of us knows for sure yet. They've said that you are locked to a particular campaign for its duration. But they've also said you can visit your friend's campaign by spending some points you accumulate and can use for various things. I forget what they call them...realm points? i got the impression that there will be some limits on how often you can do it.

Across factions? Nope. You're racially locked into a faction and even when you go visiting, you'll be locked out of the other 2 factions.

Think its "faction points"... not sure tho

baphamet

Hard Core Member

2/18/13 1:50:45 AM#8

supposedly the "mega server" will automatically put you in the same instances as your friends and guild mates.

but if you just add a player to your friends list and they are already tied to a different one than you, that i am not sure about.

deakon

Novice Member

2/18/13 6:20:37 AM#9

Originally posted by Casca9226 Just have a few questions regarding the way RVR is going to work in this game. I keep hearing about campaigns and shards so my question is: If Im playing on one shard or campaign and my buddy bill is on another campaign, can we join aslong as we are on the same faction? I apologize if this has been answered but I couldnt find anything related.

You can swap campaigns but it costs alliance points (pvp progression), devs have also mentioned a guesting system but not much is known about that yet.