Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | World of Warcraft | Guild Wars 2 | War Thunder

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,905,709 Users Online:0
Games:757  Posts:6,296,145
Zenimax Online Studios | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/04/14)  | Pub:Bethesda Softworks
Distribution: | Retail Price:$59.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac Playstation 4 Xbox One | Out of date info? Let us know!

Elder Scrolls Online Forum » General Discussion » Two things I find stupid about ESO so far,

3 posts found
  Siveria

Spotlight Poster

OP  2/11/13 7:10:51 AM#1

I have 2 things I am kinda worried about with ESO. Here they are..

1: The stupid plotline, i'm sorry but after how stupid skyrim was plot wise, they decided to do another fairly stupid sounding plot? It is your soul was taken and you bascally become a mass murderer to try to get it back.

The second and much MUCH bigger issue is how races are locked to certan factions, I'd much rather it be you pick your race, then join any faction you want, especally since humans are paired up with stupid looking orc's and human was the race i'd probally have been. It may change its only alpha, I dislike locking races to factions because it removes diversity from the game. Well that and I wanna be a nice looking race like the elves (assuming they don't look like the freaks they were in skyrim) or humans.

What are your worries? heres a vid with an alpha review you can check out. Watching thsi vid made me go from riting ESO off as another wow wannabe/clone to being a game that actually sounds like it might be good. I just hope they improve the combat, because there was a trailer on youtueb that showed combat and i'll be frank, it looked like crap.

Here's the Vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLp0ykvotEI

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

fs23otm

Hard Core Member

2/11/13 7:17:14 AM#2

Your first comment is uninformed. That is not the plotline... that is the way they explain death and resurection in game. While it may be a little extra motivation, it is not the plot. 

Faction lock is a good thing, but you can look up the other thread to find out why.

Rukushin

Advanced Member

2/11/13 2:33:49 PM#3
Originally posted by Rukushin

This has confirmed my fears that this game is going to focus alot more on PvP then PvE and immersiveness. When I heard about Skyrim, which was a huge world to explore, was only about 1/6th of all of Tamriel I was overjoyed to think of just how big this game world would be and how long it would take to travel from one end to the other by horseback. We are talking a minimum of YEARS to explore it all. Then they announced they were focusing on explorers finding little nooks and crannies and actually having loot there to encourage exploration, but alas, it is all killed with the confirmation that you choose a main and now you are stuck in only 1/3rd of the whole world.

I'm a PvE to the max kind of guy and usually hate PvP, but I was even excited for PvP in this game. Even though I prefer PvE, I am not a carebear by any means. I was excited to be sneaking around in enemy territory and PKing in the open world or doing my own quests and have the excitement of trying to fend off a surprise attack. It adds an element of dynamic open and changing world events that do not have to be implemented by the devs or pre-scripted. it adds immersiveness and realism.

I agree with one of the posters above who mentioned that its seems the devs are trying to squeeze TES into a DAoC mold and I DO NOT like it at all. DAoC from what I understand had some great features(from what i've read about it: I like the 3-faction PvP, siege weapons/catapults, and large scale PvP wars of 100 or more poeple in 1 big open field), but with that said DAoC is form the past and this MMO need to look to the future. 

Again, I must say I was extremely excited when I first heard of this game and even purchased Skyrim AFTER hearing about TESO simply to become familiar with the lore and some class building as it's completely different from what I am used to, being mostly an MMO gamer. I LOVE the freedom of Skyrim and would simply be happy with Skyrim Online. 

Picking a race and being locked to a faction is fine with me. I also want faction pride as well, BUT I do not want to be limited in the area I can walk or ride my horse to. Unfortunately, I have lost all interest in a game that doesn't allow me to explore everything with my main character. I'm not a big fan of Alts. So, alas, I am saddened but as I look here at more and more information on the newest MMOs coming for 2013-2014 it seems I will have to wait more towards 2015 and Project Titan perhaps to see what I am really looking for in an MMO of the "next-generation"

I quoted a post I made in another forum because I believe it accurately conveys my biggest worries and fears about TESO. Simply put and paraphrased:

I am not a fan of being locked out of other factions territories and having to PvP only in Cyrodil. It completely takes away from the immersiveness for me. I was highly looking forward to complete open world PvP with the option of going into Cyrodil for more focused and objective oriented PvP which would add more structure to create an element of PvE within the PvP, open world exploration, and dynamic immersive changing environments.