Trending Games | The Crew | Elder Scrolls Online | Lichdom: Battlemage | ArcheAge

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,845,904 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,222,125
Zenimax Online Studios | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/04/14)  | Pub:Bethesda Softworks
Distribution: | Retail Price:$59.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac Playstation 4 Xbox One | Out of date info? Let us know!

Elder Scrolls Online Forum » General Discussion » Faction Pride? Probably Not

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
24 posts found
  Rukushin

Advanced Member

2/11/13 1:51:19 PM#21

It's not that I have no desire, but shy away from the desire to make alts. For example, I have been playing WoW on and off since about 2004, but only since cataclysm had I made 3 other alts in addition to my main character. Mostly out of boredom over Cata, but thats besides the point. Now even having 4 characters total I simply choose to devote most of my time to 1 in order to max out and go as far as possible in the game-time I have. I find that I cannot flesh-out(for lack of a better word) my character as deeply if dividing my time between multiple. 

I have looked alittle at Archage, but the graphics right off the bat didn't really impress me. Perhaps I need to look up alittle bit more and not dismiss it so easily.

laokoko

Advanced Member

2/11/13 4:27:22 PM#22
Originally posted by aslan132
Originally posted by laokoko
It is kind of weird though, since you can jump to an alt and spy on opponent or sabotage the other party.  I dont' really like the idea.

You cant do that, because no two characters on the same account will be in the same campaign. They thought of that. You can actually develop realm pride for all 3 realms, and while that does sound contradictory, its not. Like someone else said, you will most likely have a main, even if you roll alts, and that main will be in a guild all on the same Alliance, competing in one campaign. 

Your other alts, will be in other guilds in the other Alliances, and they cannot enter the same campaign as your main. So although you are in a different alliance (realm), you still wont be able to "spy" or "sabotage" for your main Alliance. I think some of you are forgetting that fact.

so basically the mega server concept is only for pve and for pvp everyone is fixed to their own campaign(server)?

What if I just realize one of my friend is in one campaign but I have another character from another faction in that campaign.  I can't join him?

Where did you read all this?  I have hard time finding more information about the game.

ShakyMo

Apprentice Member

2/11/13 4:37:34 PM#23
Yes you can't join your "friend" on the campaign he is currently winning.
  Distopia

Drifter

"what a boring life, HATING everything" -Gorilla Biscuits

2/11/13 4:44:58 PM#24

A: How do you know what most people did in DAOC?

B: DAOC had the same option, which didn't cause a problem there.

C:  Your opinion is no more relevant than the one you're trying to disqualify

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

It is a sign of a defeated man, to attack at ones character in the face of logic and reason- Me

2 Pages « 1 2 Search