Trending Games | World of Warcraft | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn | EverQuest | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,905,860 Users Online:0
Games:757  Posts:6,296,837
Zenimax Online Studios | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/04/14)  | Pub:Bethesda Softworks
Distribution: | Retail Price:$59.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac Playstation 4 Xbox One | Out of date info? Let us know!

Elder Scrolls Online Forum » General Discussion » I want this game bad now..

7 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Search
125 posts found
  Zairu

Novice Member

Yes, this is a personal attack.

2/10/13 3:18:54 AM#121
Originally posted by miagisan
Originally posted by funyahns
Originally posted by miagisan
Originally posted by Sarethor

Are people really using Alpha footage ~1 year prior to release as some kind of justification to claim this game will be terrible?  No one really knows how it'll be even 6 months from now. Oy gevalt. 

You'd think by now I'd not be surprised in this fine internet sandbox where respect, critical thinking and actual knowledge/experience are superseded by immaturity and myriad other unsavory character traits.  Oh, and it's cloaked in the "opinion" sphere yet spoken as irrefutable proof.

Having a debate about something is educational if approached correctly.  Just know that in the real world, when you start speaking in absolutes and not providing proper context to your opinions, you've just really lost the ability to have a real debate where everyone - including you - might actually learn something.  

Perspective is everything and trying to pass off opinion as fact is comical at best.  At worst, it shows the individuals motivation, albeit steadfastly denied.

You have to understand the perspective people who have no intention of playing a game have. It comes down to several factors:

1) It threatens a game they love, so rather than say "WoW rules!" or "GW2 is the best thing since sliced bread" they nitpick the minute details

2) They hate the company for whatever reason

3) The are what i call purists....dont beleive that there should be any deviation from the brand, lore, etc.

4) Are the sandbox/theme park fanatics (pick a side)

or

5) the iconic mmorpg.com poster....just hates everything and noone should have fun, so that they all may get together and pine over the "glory" days of mmos while shining their rosey glasses.

(was originally a humorous post...but then i started thinking...and i can see how it applies to at least 75% of the posters here....freaky!)

Or were hoping for a game closer to what the Elder Scrolls other games have been about.  Lets make an MMO out of one of the most popular video game IPS, and instead of making it like that we are going to base it off of an old MMO which most of the general public has never heard of.

or like Dungeons and Dragons was like Dungeons and Dragons? or How world of warcraft mmo was like world of warcraft rts?

its one rpg to another, not an rts to an rpg. Nor is it table-top to virtual.

besides, i always felt that controlling my toon in WoW was very similar to using heros in WC3, and i played both for many years (played wc games since the first one when i was 15). if anything, wc3 to WoW just gave you more freedom and customization, the opposite of what is happening here.

there is no reason that they could not have at least TRIED to make the game closer to the TES series. but from the information, it seems that they are just makeing a game similar to DAOC. its funny that peole are surprised that TES fans are unhappy about that.

azzamasin

Hard Core Member

We live in a fantasy world, a world of illusion. The great task in life is to find reality.

2/10/13 3:29:31 AM#122
Originally posted by Aerowyn
Originally posted by funyahns
I bet if Bioware could have seen the future they would have just made another Kotor.  As far as Warcraft its hard to compare because it was not an rpg before. Although I think they could have made an MMORTS out of the game and made a ton of cash. You knew you couldn't make a game similar to Kotor in multiplayers form because it was mostly a story driven experience. The combat was hardly fantastic.  Taking combat similar to  an Elder Scrolls game and making it for multiple people would actually be possible though. Instead of hotbar combat

from what i have seen it IS like ES combat.. you have a stamina bar your swing and block are bound to your mouse left and right click.. main difference is they added a hotbar since you can't really pause the game and swap out skills like you could in the ES games.. but actually skyrim did have a "hotbar" in a way anyway

deakon beat me to it:P

They didnt add a hotbar, they made the hotbar visible.

For the life of me anyone who ever thought the Favorites and Q to open it should be fired.  Nothing wrong with the traditional hotbar, it allows you to see exactly what you have at your disposal.  Having to remember ohh gee is my healing hands bound to 7 or is on 8 really stupid.

If your idea of a Sandbox is open FFA Full Loot PvP, full crafted world with minimal support for anything combat then your sandbox ideas are bad! Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

azzamasin

Hard Core Member

We live in a fantasy world, a world of illusion. The great task in life is to find reality.

2/10/13 3:35:29 AM#123
Originally posted by Zairu

Everyone thats ever played a bethesda game knows the zones are chalk full of explorable nooks and crannys. 

which has nothing to do with this game.

the TES/FO game director Todd Howard does not even play online games, but he has played every TES game (he was a huge fan before he joined Bethesda).

Bethesda has NOTHING to do with TESO. locked zones and no housing are obvious indications of this, even if it wasn't fact. most of what i love about TES is not going to be in this game. i can't remember the exact statement that ZO made regarding housing, but it made me very sad. it was something like 'we aren't sure how it would work'.

where is the video where i can sneak into people's house, rob them, assassinate them, then sell their stuff?

oh wait.... i bet the don't know how that would work either. makes sense. lets make a game based on a series that boasts freedom, then restrict them at every turn. fun idea. 

Give 2000 players that kind of freedom in an MMO and you wouldnt have a game worth playing.

They pushed aside single player systems in favor of expanding and reworing the systems that make sense from a MMO perspective but I am not the one who is to stupid to realize the differences and similarities.

Player:  I want a game where I can explore!

Devs: ok here we give you the freedom to explore 3 full zones with the same robust and varried exploratio ncentric gameplay and we even give you a visible compass like the RPG that displays POI's in your vicinity.

Player: BAHAHAHAH I cant explore the other 6 zones, I want it nao, I want it fast, gimme gimme gimme.

Devs: face palm

If your idea of a Sandbox is open FFA Full Loot PvP, full crafted world with minimal support for anything combat then your sandbox ideas are bad! Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

deakon

Novice Member

2/10/13 8:49:57 AM#124
Originally posted by Zairu

its one rpg to another, not an rts to an rpg. Nor is it table-top to virtual.

besides, i always felt that controlling my toon in WoW was very similar to using heros in WC3, and i played both for many years (played wc games since the first one when i was 15). if anything, wc3 to WoW just gave you more freedom and customization, the opposite of what is happening here.

there is no reason that they could not have at least TRIED to make the game closer to the TES series. but from the information, it seems that they are just makeing a game similar to DAOC. its funny that peole are surprised that TES fans are unhappy about that.

To the highlighted bit

You do know the controlls for this game are going to be identicle to oblivion?

ShakyMo

Apprentice Member

2/10/13 9:52:11 AM#125
Kotor was a rpg
Swtor copied it heavily

What you got was a shit mmo and a rpg that was inferior to its predecessors.

I'm glad TESO is being made by experienced mmo developers rather than just taking skyrim and bunging a few bits of group content in like instanced dungeons and instanced pvp minigames.
7 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Search