Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | World of Warcraft | Swordsman | WildStar

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,736,959 Users Online:0
Games:714  Posts:6,175,953
Zenimax Online Studios | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/04/14)  | Pub:Bethesda Softworks
Distribution: | Retail Price:$59.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac Playstation 4 Xbox One | Out of date info? Let us know!

Elder Scrolls Online Forum » General Discussion » What are your concerns about TESO?

9 Pages First « 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 » Search
163 posts found
  deakon

Novice Member

2/05/13 3:56:09 PM#141
Originally posted by sapphen
Originally posted by deakon

Yes your clearly not trying to put words into anyones mouth. / end sarcasm

Truth is I played DAoC for less than a month and by the time i played it, it was very dated, I didnt get into mmo's until 2004, I've been playing tes games from 2002 (and have played all the previous ones since), faction locked areas does not go against tes as long as there is an explanation in the lore (which there is), same as dragons flying around wasnt a part of any tes game until 5, and oblivion gates popping up randomly wasnt in any apart from 4.

If you feel that there should be no spin off tes games, fine, dont play them, there will still be tes6 to look forward to. Feel free to spout YOUR opinion all you want but don't expect to make out your opinion speaks for every tes fan and then get all defensive because you get called up on it by a tes fan that doesnt agree.

If you knew nothing of the game, would you have expected (or wanted) faction locks?

Expected? Nope. Wanted? After gw2 and swtor, yes

sapphen

Apprentice Member

2/05/13 4:16:41 PM#142

If you knew nothing of the game, would you have expected (or wanted) faction locks?

Good.  This conversation is going well so far, lets see if we can keep it up.

What about mixing factions bothers you -  I heard it breaks immersion or takes away from faction pride, is this the case for you?

I could understand racial splits in swtor.  The sith would most likely not be a jedi, it is supported in their lore.  I think they did semi-okay job by mixing them by legacy, it keeps the numbers down.  Having a racial split (in the beginning) didn't bother me in SWTOR.  I haven't really played since they started mixing so I don't know how I would feel about seeing a bunch of sith jedi.  I'm a loremonger so most likely it would've bothered me but I don't think it would've ruined the game.

One thing that bugs me about GW2 is there is no reason why these races are fighting each other.  They are 'aware' that they are playing a game and from a different server.  That kind of breaks immersion for me.  If I was them I would've said something like there are different dimensions and they are battling each other rather than another server.  I think faction pride was ruined by allowing free transfers.  The races didn't bother me in sPvP or WvW, from a distance and with a helmet you can't really tell anyways.  I respect if you feel different but I'm not sure if racial mixing is the cause of GW2 shortcomings.

Most of the visual aspects of characters comes from armor.  So if there was 3 houses (open faction) but each house had their own designs for armor, would that satisfy any atheistic issues you have or is it just the principle?
  ShakyMo

Apprentice Member

2/05/13 4:17:26 PM#143
Lol "me and my team of developers"
  deakon

Novice Member

2/05/13 4:49:34 PM#144

Originally posted by sapphen If you knew nothing of the game, would you have expected (or wanted) faction locks?
Good.  This conversation is going well so far, lets see if we can keep it up. What about mixing factions bothers you -  I heard it breaks immersion or takes away from faction pride, is this the case for you? I could understand racial splits in swtor.  The sith would most likely not be a jedi, it is supported in their lore.  I think they did semi-okay job by mixing them by legacy, it keeps the numbers down.  Having a racial split (in the beginning) didn't bother me in SWTOR.  I haven't really played since they started mixing so I don't know how I would feel about seeing a bunch of sith jedi.  I'm a loremonger so most likely it would've bothered me but I don't think it would've ruined the game. One thing that bugs me about GW2 is there is no reason why these races are fighting each other.  They are 'aware' that they are playing a game and from a different server.  That kind of breaks immersion for me.  If I was them I would've said something like there are different dimensions and they are battling each other rather than another server.  I think faction pride was ruined by allowing free transfers.  The races didn't bother me in sPvP or WvW, from a distance and with a helmet you can't really tell anyways.  I respect if you feel different but I'm not sure if racial mixing is the cause of GW2 shortcomings. Most of the visual aspects of characters comes from armor.  So if there was 3 houses (open faction) but each house had their own designs for armor, would that satisfy any atheistic issues you have or is it just the principle?

Tbh my problem with GW2 is pretty much that, yes there is no reason what so ever for the war, it just feels tacked on, but on top of that "I'm fighting for black citadel!" but so is the charr fighting against me etc.....and why are we fighting again? And thats without mentioning the lack of progression. It almost made it feel arcade like, a pointless "war" for....well....points.

SWTOR I didn't buy for the pvp, I know full well going in that I was getting a pve game, in fact I was surprised at how much i enjoyed their instanced pvp tbh, the problem I had with SWTOR was lack of end game combined with a lack of re playability, it wasn't as bad when rolling the opposite faction (due to the side quests being different), but it still involved going to the same places and killing the same stuff just in a slightly different order.

IMHO TESO is resolving those issues but also adding some of the things i enjoyed about both those titles (story, no tagging, dynamic events, etc) but in an ip I've loved for over a decade.

Shadanwolf

Apprentice Member

2/05/13 4:54:06 PM#145
Originally posted by ikarrian

My concerns are... The "Haters" if they whine enough, like they usually do. It can cause Zenimax to make bad descision and cause more harm then good to the game.

But I hope it doesnt get to that.

You have a good point.Hopefully Matt Firor will hold true to his initial vision for the game...despite the incessant whining from some.

Crazyhorsek

Novice Member

2/05/13 5:26:50 PM#146
Originally posted by Shadanwolf

My concerns are... The "Haters" if they whine enough, like they usually do. It can cause Zenimax to make bad descision and cause more harm then good to the game.

You have a good point.Hopefully Matt Firor will hold true to his initial vision for the game...despite the incessant whining from some.

This is my only concern also...

Cawickeng

Novice Member

2/05/13 7:40:09 PM#147
Is this game going to be free to play/subscription based or what?
  MoMalik

Novice Member

2/05/13 7:42:26 PM#148
Originally posted by Cawickeng

Id expect Subscribtion based with a box price as well. However, they have yet to announce this info yet, so i'd just check out their Website or Facebook every now-and-then to see if they updated it. 

k11keeper

Apprentice Member

"" "" "" ""

2/05/13 7:43:50 PM#149

One mans "incessant whining" is another man's heartfelt criticism.

deakon

Novice Member

2/05/13 7:44:13 PM#150
Originally posted by Cawickeng

I think they will go sub tbh, having an ip like tes (skyrim sold over 10 million), its got to be tempting to say the least

Rukushin

Advanced Member

2/05/13 8:08:07 PM#151
I am more than willing to pay a sub fee as long as the content is constantly updated and a return to GM/Dev run Dynamic Events liek in a recent article I read today on the main page of this site. Dynamic Events allow me to actually know in the back of my head "Ok this is cool my money is actually paying someones salary to act out this NPC not in some pre-scripted formatted dialog but actually intuitive conversation from another homo sapien on the other side.
  dumpcat

Novice Member

2/06/13 7:18:26 AM#152

Faction lock - and I am a PvP player, could care less about PvE in most games.

Even a cheesey game like WoW allows one to walk into the opposing faction areas at their own risk.

It is a simple mechanic, and it is common sense, mega server or not. Allowing the players who are being intruded upon to choose if they want to engage, or not, allows the PvE players to just ignore them and remain unattackable.

Note: I am intersted in PvE in TESO.

Wraithone

Hard Core Member

If you can't kill it, don't make it mad.

2/06/13 10:06:00 AM#153
Originally posted by k11keeper

One mans "incessant whining" is another man's heartfelt criticism.

Or more likely entitlement complex, given the current demographics... ^^

Wraithone

Hard Core Member

2/06/13 10:11:01 AM#154
Originally posted by dumpcat

Even a cheesey game like WoW allows one to walk into the opposing faction areas at their own risk.

It is a simple mechanic, and it is common sense, mega server or not. Allowing the players who are being intruded upon to choose if they want to engage, or not, allows the PvE players to just ignore them and remain unattackable.

Oh the horror, the HORROR!! That one would not be able to gank and grief all of the CareBears in a game... Is there no "justice" left in the universe?... ^^  It remains to be seen how TES is going to handle this. 

But if they take a page from NCsofts play book, and remain clue less about the difference between the Asian and Western markets, in terms of PvP/PvE, then I suspect what happened with Aion in the west will repeat itself.

dumpcat

Novice Member

2/06/13 12:25:44 PM#155
Originally posted by Wraithone

Oh the horror, the HORROR!! That one would not be able to gank and grief all of the CareBears in a game... Is there no "justice" left in the universe?... ^^  It remains to be seen how TES is going to handle this. 

But if they take a page from NCsofts play book, and remain clue less about the difference between the Asian and Western markets, in terms of PvP/PvE, then I suspect what happened with Aion in the west will repeat itself.

Haha! Hey I admit ganking is fun and exploring/questing with the danger of getting ganked adds to the fun as well. But if they want to apease those who hate it all they have to do is make it so that factions cannot be attacked in thier own area unless they engage the intruder. Plus NPCs can attack the intruder as well. I just don't want all PvP confined to one zone like it is in GW2. I also hate when you can't explore the entire world or worlds, such as it is in SWTOR.
  jayfeeler69

Novice Member

2/06/13 12:47:25 PM#156

Um Zenimax is an american company, way to spout racial hatred

Wraithone

Hard Core Member

2/06/13 1:09:06 PM#157
Originally posted by jayfeeler69

You might want to get that knee jerk checked... Its obstructing your reading... ^^  I said NCsoft... They are a KOREAN company, who have a demonstrated history of either being clueless about the differences between the Asian and Western markets, or not caring (I suspect a bit of both, from my experiences in Korea).

I's say the same thing about an American (Japananese, Russian, etc...) company, that didn't do its market research for any other market it was operating in.

jayfeeler69

Novice Member

2/06/13 1:12:22 PM#158
Originally posted by jayfeeler69

You might want to get that knee jerk checked... Its obstructing your reading... ^^  I said NCsoft... They are a KOREAN company, who have a demonstrated history of either being clueless about the differences between the Asian and Western markets, or not caring (I suspect a bit of both, from my experiences in Korea).

I's say the same thing about an American (Japananese, Russian, etc...) company, that didn't do its market research for any other market it was operating in.

Your argument compares the two as if they are the same

Rayshe

Novice Member

2/06/13 1:14:40 PM#159
I kinda wish they would not go the classes route to be honest. It works in TSW, so its possible to not have classes in a MMORPG. That being said i dont think they should Copy TSW, since the feel's of the games are going to be different. I guess its mainly that at this point in time im sick of being locked into a specific catagory. I'd rather have Builds than classes.

Because i can.
I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
Logic every gamers worst enemy.

jayfeeler69

Novice Member

2/06/13 1:18:02 PM#160
Originally posted by Rayshe
I kinda wish they would not go the classes route to be honest. It works in TSW, so its possible to not have classes in a MMORPG. That being said i dont think they should Copy TSW, since the feel's of the games are going to be different. I guess its mainly that at this point in time im sick of being locked into a specific catagory. I'd rather have Builds than classes.

TSW has classes, they just have duped the fanbois into thinking there isnt.

9 Pages First « 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 » Search