Trending Games | Pirate101 | World of Warcraft | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn | EverQuest

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,899,730 Users Online:0
Games:751  Posts:6,268,438
Zenimax Online Studios | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/04/14)  | Pub:Bethesda Softworks
Distribution: | Retail Price:$59.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac Playstation 4 Xbox One | Out of date info? Let us know!

Elder Scrolls Online Forum » General Discussion » The people complaining...

6 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 » Search
106 posts found
  DavisFlight

Apprentice Member

1/30/13 11:24:05 AM#61
Originally posted by Nitth

Originally posted by keitholi

Originally posted by Grunch I notice that the only people complaining have never played DAoC and do not realize the awesomeness that is about to be unleashed in 2013 called ESO. I have been waiting for a DAoC 3 Faction RvR game since the WoW Clone Wars began. This is going to be the MMO that will bring balance back to the force.     I suggest people try out DAoC to see how three faction gameplay works. I understand DAoC isn't what it used to be but you will get an idea.
  If DaoC was so great, Why did it ultimately under preform in the end?
Under perform? The fact that the game is STILL around and playable 10 years after launch is a living testament to the quality of the game. You, sir, are an idiot.

DID I SAY DIE?

Are you telling me that they ticked all the boxes for desired player numbers and profits??

Considering while it was still being actively developed it was the second biggest MMO on the market, and it started with a small 30 man company, I'd say they did well, yeah.

Ghavrigg

Advanced Member

1/30/13 11:42:47 AM#62
Originally posted by Aeonblades
Originally posted by Aviggin
Originally posted by Aeonblades
Originally posted by Maelwydd

I did play it...was meh.

I think you will find though that a lot op people complaining are TES fans.....isn't that odd!

Most of the people complaining are idiots with nothing to do at work or school, so they start drama because this is the big MMO release of 2013.

Thread should have ended here due to hypocrisy.

Good thing hypocrisy is this forums first language.

Well played, good sir.

Pinturicchio

Novice Member

1/30/13 11:47:52 AM#63
Originally posted by Grunch

I notice that the only people complaining have never played DAoC and do not realize the awesomeness that is about to be unleashed in 2013 called ESO. I have been waiting for a DAoC 3 Faction RvR game since the WoW Clone Wars began. This is going to be the MMO that will bring balance back to the force.

I suggest people try out DAoC to see how three faction gameplay works. I understand DAoC isn't what it used to be but you will get an idea.

Kudos

sapphen

Apprentice Member

1/30/13 12:08:21 PM#64
Originally posted by Pinturicchio

I notice that the only people complaining have never played DAoC and do not realize the awesomeness that is about to be unleashed in 2013 called ESO. I have been waiting for a DAoC 3 Faction RvR game since the WoW Clone Wars began. This is going to be the MMO that will bring balance back to the force.

I suggest people try out DAoC to see how three faction gameplay works. I understand DAoC isn't what it used to be but you will get an idea.

Kudos

I notice that the only people defending ESO have never played TES and do not realize the awesomeness the could've been unleashed in 2013 called ESO.  I have been waiting for a TES MMO since Oblivion.  This is going to be a MMO that will disappoint to both DAoC and TES fans.

I suggest people play TES to see how the gameplay works.  I understand TES isn't a MMO but you will get an idea.

Aeonblades

Apprentice Member

1/30/13 12:11:52 PM#65
Originally posted by sapphen
Originally posted by Pinturicchio

Kudos

I notice that the only people defending ESO have never played TES and do not realize the awesomeness the could've been unleashed in 2013 called ESO.  I have been waiting for a TES MMO since Oblivion.  This is going to be a MMO that will be a disappointment to both DAoC and TES fans.

I suggest people play TES to see how the gameplay works.  I understand TES isn't a MMO but you will get an idea.

Clever. I remember talking to friends about wanting a lobby system for Morrowind to play online with, then we decided an MMO would be even better. I'm just glad they took the idea to heart, we won't really know what the game holds till we play it. There are a lot more than a few TES fans here that play MMO's too, so a good fusion between the two if done right will be amazing.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
Have played: You name it
If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

ShakyMo

Apprentice Member

1/30/13 12:48:04 PM#66
Pint
I've been playing tes for years, since Morrowind, I didn't care much for oblivion, though I gather its good with the right mods. I'm STILL playing skyrim more than I play any other game, including mmos. Skyrim is my main game, its where I get my pve. My second game is planetside 2 for my pvp. I don't play any other mmos. TESO appeals a lot to me, I get 3 skyrims to pve in and a fantasy planetside to pvp in. 4 games for the price of one.
  ShakyMo

Apprentice Member

1/30/13 12:50:03 PM#67
Sorry should have replied to sapphen
  deakon

Novice Member

1/30/13 1:10:38 PM#68
Originally posted by sapphen

I notice that the only people defending ESO have never played TES and do not realize the awesomeness the could've been unleashed in 2013 called ESO.  I have been waiting for a TES MMO since Oblivion.  This is going to be a MMO that will disappoint to both DAoC and TES fans.

Here we go again, if we dont agree with you we are not tes fans

Ive wanted to play a tes mmo for over 10 years, and this tes mmo makes me very happy idd, but because its not the tes mmo YOU want those of us that do somehow don't count?

User Deleted
1/30/13 1:17:21 PM#69
Nope its only a real TESO MMO if Sapphen say so.... Right?
  sapphen

Apprentice Member

1/30/13 1:21:40 PM#70
Originally posted by ikarrian
Nope its only a real TESO MMO if Sapphen say so.... Right?

It's about time you DAoC fanatics in TES clothing came around.

ShakyMo

Apprentice Member

1/30/13 1:23:49 PM#71
It's about time you SWG fanatics in TES clothing funded your own game.
  sapphen

Apprentice Member

1/30/13 1:25:11 PM#72
LOL, I never mentioned SWG.  You guys are jumping around here saying "I love DAoC - it belongs here!"  Only thing I ask for is what was in other TES games.  Freedom to explore unhindered by faction and freedom to choose your own faction.
  Nitth

Elite Member

Magic Propels my Rolly Chair.

1/30/13 1:25:50 PM#73

Originally posted by ShakyMo
It's about time you SWG fanatics in TES clothing funded your own game.

LOL

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

User Deleted
1/30/13 1:26:46 PM#74

As long as the game doesnt feel and  is not played as WoW or GW2. Then i'm thrilled. 

For the record, i played UO mostly back then, not very much DAoC. Still both are great games.

If i had two heads and four arms, i would had played both at same time.... bloody shame!

Razperil

Novice Member

Everything has it's time and its place, know yours?

1/30/13 1:37:02 PM#75

If DaoC was so great, Why did it ultimately under preform in the end?

The game is still around. I think it is safe to assume that it didn't "under perform" in any way. Any game that can go beyond 10 years is doing something right. :)

Ghavrigg

Advanced Member

1/30/13 2:41:56 PM#76
The game will not have traditional first-person TES combat, but from what I've seen in videos,  it doesn't look like it's doing either MMO's or TES a terrible injustice, and are combining the two in a meaningful way. We'll find out soon enough, however.
  kevjards

Advanced Member

1/30/13 2:51:05 PM#77
Originally posted by ikarrian
Possibly because they pretty much asks for a Singleplayer game. Unless you can convince them to make two TESO games, one with PVE only, and other with FFA PVP Gank anywhere you want.

if they want a solo game all they have to do is turn chat off and ignore everyone else..sorted

deakon

Novice Member

1/30/13 3:25:30 PM#78
The game will not have traditional first-person TES combat, but from what I've seen in videos,  it doesn't look like it's doing either MMO's or TES a terrible injustice, and are combining the two in a meaningful way. We'll find out soon enough, however.

They have said 1st person will be in the launch version. Until I see how well its done in a vid or something I'm just going to gear myself up for playing it in 3rd, I'm still unconvinced on how well 1st person will work in an mmo, especially one with a pvp focus.

Edit: to clarify, I think 1st person can work but only when 3rd isnt an option

User Deleted
1/30/13 3:28:45 PM#79
Originally posted by deakon

They have said 1st person will be in the launch version. Until I see how well its done in a vid or something I'm just going to gear myself up for playing it in 3rd, I'm still unconvinced on how well 1st person will work in an mmo, especially one with a pvp focus.

Edit: to clarify, I think 1st person can work but only when 3rd isnt an option

Depends how fast paced the combat is... Slower combat favours 1pv, or other way round :)

nate1980

Spotlight Poster

1/30/13 7:54:12 PM#80

I did play DAoC. It was my first MMO and my most favorite, but TES and DAoC have nothing in common. Do I want a DAoC sequel? You bet. TES, however, is not a RvR series. It's an open world sandbox series with non-linear story elements. I'm not asking that ESO adopt any current or past features already known in the MMO world. All I'm asking is the developers to keep true to the TES name. 

If they made ESO like the single player TES games, with the one exception that you can now play with thousands of other players, I'd be a happy man. 

I pose this question to ESO's current fans. What about ESO is carried over from TES series? Hell, they've even changed the way the elves look to appeal to the wider elf loving audience. Elves in TES series were ugly as hell, now they look like Tolkien elves.

6 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 » Search