Trending Games | Pirate101 | ArcheAge | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn | Elder Scrolls Online

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,859,951 Users Online:0
Games:742  Posts:6,245,216
Zenimax Online Studios | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/04/14)  | Pub:Bethesda Softworks
Distribution: | Retail Price:$59.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac Playstation 4 Xbox One | Out of date info? Let us know!

Elder Scrolls Online Forum » General Discussion » The people complaining...

6 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 » Search
106 posts found
  Aeonblades

Apprentice Member

1/30/13 9:29:33 AM#21
Originally posted by Vonatar

I played DAoC briefly. It wasn't my thing because I'm not really into pvp.

I have played every TES game since Daggerfall so what ZeniMax are releasing isn't in my eyes an Elder Scrolls MMO. Not saying it's going to be bad, it could well be awesome for those people that like RvRvR pvp and/or loved DAoC. It's just not the Elder Scrolls MMO I would like to see.

I wish everyone on this forum was like this. Not what he wants, but not willing to completely write it off as a catastrophic failure. Good show.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
Have played: You name it
If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

Icewhite

Made History

Pink, it's like red but not quite.

1/30/13 9:32:13 AM#22
Originally posted by Grunch

I notice that the only people complaining have never played DAoC and do not realize the awesomeness that is about to be unleashed in 2013 called ESO. I have been waiting for a DAoC 3 Faction RvR game since the WoW Clone Wars began. This is going to be the MMO that will bring balance back to the force.

No, we've just heard "This one will finally be DAoC's spiritual successor" a few too many times.

It's a well-used and worn out marketing bullet.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

Maelwydd

Hard Core Member

1/30/13 9:34:49 AM#23
Originally posted by Aeonblades

I have played every TES game since Daggerfall so what ZeniMax are releasing isn't in my eyes an Elder Scrolls MMO. Not saying it's going to be bad, it could well be awesome for those people that like RvRvR pvp and/or loved DAoC. It's just not the Elder Scrolls MMO I would like to see.

I wish everyone on this forum was like this. Not what he wants, but not willing to completely write it off as a catastrophic failure. Good show.

I would say someone who states pretty much they will not play it has "written the game off" more then those saying they dislike a particular feature (and honestly, I can't think of anything else about the game people dislike...but it is such a HUGE part of the game to dislike).

Of course you don't write with passion if you don't really care about the subject.

Aeonblades

Apprentice Member

1/30/13 9:36:11 AM#24
Originally posted by Icewhite

I notice that the only people complaining have never played DAoC and do not realize the awesomeness that is about to be unleashed in 2013 called ESO. I have been waiting for a DAoC 3 Faction RvR game since the WoW Clone Wars began. This is going to be the MMO that will bring balance back to the force.

No, we've just heard "This one will finally be DAoC's spiritual successor" a few too many times.

This I will agree with. They would of been better off saying "Experience the Elder Scrolls universe in a way never before, with popular elements from other games as well as new and innovative features." Even if it's not true, drawing an immediate paralell to DAoC was a mistake.

Scottgun

Apprentice Member

1/30/13 9:36:15 AM#25
Originally posted by Icewhite

QFT

How not to sell me on a game: "And most people that make it past the tutorial seem to appreciate [x game's] uniqueness, even if they don't find it fun."

Nitth

Elite Member

Magic Propels my Rolly Chair.

1/30/13 9:38:43 AM#26

Originally posted by boxsnd
[mod edit]

What kind of rubbish is that.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

Aeonblades

Apprentice Member

1/30/13 9:39:16 AM#27
Originally posted by Maelwydd

I would say someone who states pretty much they will not play it has "written the game off" more then those saying they dislike a particular feature (and honestly, I can't think of anything else about the game people dislike...but it is such a HUGE part of the game to dislike).

Of course you don't write with passion if you don't really care about the subject.

I see what you were saying, I was referring to the doom and gloom posters who say this game or that game will fail in a years time without any info or sources. Disliking the game is one thing ( I dislike a lot of highly populated games ) but that does not rain on the parade of a games success. GW2 is a good example, I don't like it, but it is a highly successful title.

It's just a breath of fresh air to see someone who won't play the game say he can say why others will enjoy it.

sapphen

Novice Member

1/30/13 9:41:10 AM#28

I'm willing to bet there are more fans of TES than of DAoC.  TES fans (imo) did not want a game totally focused around PvP.  DAoC-est RvR might've been welcomed if it hadn't changed some of the freedoms that TES was known for.

The war never should've been racial but rather 3 different groups or houses.  Players should choose which group they want to fight for and be able to explore the whole world (and don't hand me crap about faction imbalance, there are creative solutions to this issue).  We never wanted a single player game but an Elder Scrolls MMO.

Sovrath

Elite Member

1/30/13 9:42:21 AM#29
Originally posted by Nitth

Originally posted by boxsnd
[mod edit]

What kind of rubbish is that.

It's possibly rubbish coming from someone who is excited by a new pvp game but doesn't seem to really know much about elder scrolls.

Possibly.

NC-John

Novice Member

1/30/13 9:43:37 AM#30

what I don't understand is why video games peturb so many people so much? I see allot of anger for something that mainly consists of zero and ones and has no physical counterpart in reality other then data on a harddrive?!

I can say I hate something about a video game and people will go bonkers like I just told them something nasty about their mom.

At the end of the day if your invested in something enough emotionaly like a video game, and opposing viewpoints anger you to rage, then you may have to seek help. It's like getting mad at the wind and constanly walking around punching the air and calling it a looser. it makes no sense what-so-ever.

Strange world man.

"Not even a cray super computer can make this game run well. Thats what happens when you code an MMO in pascal. " - miglor

TsaboHavoc

Novice Member

1/30/13 9:45:13 AM#31
Originally posted by sapphen

I'm willing to bet there are more fans of TES than of DAoC.  TES fans (imo) did not want a game totally focused around PvP.  DAoC-est RvR might've been welcomed if it hadn't changed some of the freedoms that TES was known for.

The war never should've been racial but rather 3 different groups or houses.  Players should choose which group they want to fight for and be able to explore the whole world (and don't hand me crap about faction imbalance, there are creative solutions to this issue).  We never wanted a single player game but an Elder Scrolls MMO.

it could have a lot of groups and houses battling and spying and conspiring all over tamriel.

Aeonblades

Apprentice Member

1/30/13 9:45:34 AM#32
Originally posted by NC-John

what I don't understand is why video games peturb so many people so much? I see allot of anger for something that mainly consists of zero and ones and has no physical counterpart in reality other then data on a harddrive?!

I can say I hate something about a video game and people will go bonkers like I just told them something nasty about their mom.

At the end of the day if your invested in something enough emotionaly like a video game, and opposing viewpoints anger you to rage, then you may have to seek help. It's like getting mad at the wind and constanly walking around punching the air and calling a looser. it makes no sense what-so-ever.

Strange world man.

The curse of humanity. Hating and fearing what we don't like or understand. One day maybe we will evolve past squabbling over MMO's, but until then at least we have this forum :)

Nitth

Elite Member

1/30/13 9:47:10 AM#33

At the end of the day if your invested in something enough emotionaly like a video game, and opposing viewpoints anger you to rage, then you may have to seek help. It's like getting mad at the wind and constanly walking around punching the air and calling a looser. it makes no sense what-so-ever.

Strange world man.

How is it any different than being polarized on a political view?

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

Sovrath

Elite Member

1/30/13 9:48:17 AM#34

Strange world man.

um... where to begin.

Though I agree that people need to lose "the hate" trying to diminish the effect something has because it's "zeroes and ones" and therefore somehow less real, makes no sense.

If I show you a painting it's just pigment. If I play you some Muzak it's just sound waves. Zeroes and ones represent elements that are presented to the player as light, objects, movement. And then they interact with it.

If I write a short story it's just data on paper.

As a matter of fact your post, though I like the thrust of it, makes no sense. Mad at the wind? The wind has no ideas behind it. It just is. It presents no viewpoints. It doesn't try to be anything and has no expectations other than it's wind.

Vonatar

Hard Core Member

1/30/13 9:48:25 AM#35

Thanks man.

I never get all the doomsayers wishing games to fail. We're gamers, we like games so why wouldn't we want the industry to have successes even if they're not to our individual taste?

From my perspective if TESO is a huge success, even if I don't like it myself, it's good for ZeniMax and good for Bethesda. Maybe they'll take some of the money they make and release TES VI or Fallout 4? That can only be a good thing.

Nitth

Elite Member

1/30/13 9:50:44 AM#36

Originally posted by Sovrath

Originally posted by NC-John what I don't understand is why video games peturb so many people so much? I see allot of anger for something that mainly consists of zero and ones and has no physical counterpart in reality other then data on a harddrive?! I can say I hate something about a video game and people will go bonkers like I just told them something nasty about their mom. At the end of the day if your invested in something enough emotionaly like a video game, and opposing viewpoints anger you to rage, then you may have to seek help. It's like getting mad at the wind and constanly walking around punching the air and calling a looser. it makes no sense what-so-ever. Strange world man.
um... where to begin.

Though I agree that people need to lose "the hate" trying to diminish the effect something has because it's "zeroes and ones" and therefore somehow less real, makes no sense.

If I show you a painting it's just pigment. If I play you some Muzak it's just sound waves. Zeroes and ones represent elements that are presented to the player as light, objects, movement. And then they interact with it.

As a matter of fact your post, though I like the thrust of it, makes no sense. Mad at the wind? The wind has no ideas behind it. It just is. It presents no viewpoints. It doesn't try to be anything and has no expectations other than it's wind.

That's very Zen of you Sovrath :p

Aeonblades

Apprentice Member

1/30/13 9:50:51 AM#37

Thanks man.

I never get all the doomsayers wishing games to fail. We're gamers, we like games so why wouldn't we want the industry to have successes even if they're not to our individual taste?

From my perspective if TESO is a huge success, even if I don't like it myself, it's good for ZeniMax and good for Bethesda. Maybe they'll take some of the money they make and release TES VI or Fallout 4? That can only be a good thing.

That's the truth, even if I don't end up enjoying the game, I hope it sells well so we have TES VI and Fallout. Mmm a new fallout would be nice.

Sovrath

Elite Member

1/30/13 9:53:42 AM#38
Originally posted by Nitth

Originally posted by Sovrath

Originally posted by NC-John what I don't understand is why video games peturb so many people so much? I see allot of anger for something that mainly consists of zero and ones and has no physical counterpart in reality other then data on a harddrive?! I can say I hate something about a video game and people will go bonkers like I just told them something nasty about their mom. At the end of the day if your invested in something enough emotionaly like a video game, and opposing viewpoints anger you to rage, then you may have to seek help. It's like getting mad at the wind and constanly walking around punching the air and calling a looser. it makes no sense what-so-ever. Strange world man.
um... where to begin.

That's very Zen of you Sovrath :p

well, I do want to bring in da noyz while sending out da funk.

ButeoRegalis

Advanced Member

1/30/13 9:55:21 AM#39

I never played DAoC, but I'm enjoying 3-way WvW in GW2 now.

However, it turns out having 3 factions doesn't necessarily make all problems of faction imbalance go away. If you end up pitting one strong server against 2 weak servers it'll look the same as an imbalanced 1v1. GW2 employs a rating system to pit servers of equal strengths against each other, but that also isn't solving the issue all the time.

ESO should be paying attention to what ANet is doing, even if it's just to see what works and what doesn't. But adding the RvR or WvW feature is a good idea anyway, because it will be exceptional fun for EOS players when it works, and it'll keep ANet on their toes to improve their WvW. :)

sapphen

Novice Member

1/30/13 9:56:38 AM#40
Originally posted by TsaboHavoc
Originally posted by sapphen

it could have a lot of groups and houses battling and spying and conspiring all over tamriel.

Oh man that's what I was thinking.  The second era was never about order, there was civil wars as well as outside conflicts.  I'm fine with 3 groups fighting for control but it doesn't make sense for an entire race to join the cause in a world in which most people would've been out for themselves - even amidst Molag's reign.  There could've been rebellion groups inside the faction owned areas you could join.

I would think that for the center AvA that players would have to claim an alliance and recieve half points or actually join one of the 3 main factions for full rewards.  I don't mind faction membership being encouraged but forced is nonsense.

6 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 » Search