Trending Games | Wizard101 | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn | Elder Scrolls Online | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,899,318 Users Online:0
Games:751  Posts:6,267,923
Zenimax Online Studios | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/04/14)  | Pub:Bethesda Softworks
Distribution: | Retail Price:$59.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac Playstation 4 Xbox One | Out of date info? Let us know!

Elder Scrolls Online Forum » General Discussion » Why this game was/will be a major disappointment for me

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 Search
68 posts found
  Nibs

Elite Member

1/24/13 9:03:39 AM#61

I've not played a huge amount of the other ES games. But I played the crap outta DAoC. As such I am quietly intrigued by the possibilities this game has and I don't really give a toss about the ES lore.

A well contructed DAoC would frankly be enough for me.

drebian

Novice Member

1/24/13 1:09:04 PM#62
Originally posted by Nibs

I've not played a huge amount of the other ES games. But I played the crap outta DAoC. As such I am quietly intrigued by the possibilities this game has and I don't really give a toss about the ES lore.

A well contructed DAoC would frankly be enough for me.

Just because the game has developers for DAoC does not mean it will be like DAoC. Look at Vanguard. Several of it's initial developers were from the Everquest team. While it does have some similarities to EQ, VG is its own game.

But always good to see people willing to give new concepts a try. Welcome to the community. Hopefully the naysayers and speculators don't drive you off.

Caliburn101

Novice Member

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." Albert Einstein

1/25/13 3:46:34 AM#63
Originally posted by Vesavius
Originally posted by Istavaan
The lore is what interests me about ESO and all the elder scrolls games. It will have meaningful pvp where you can be emperor of cyrodill

"Master - having taken possession of the recently unearthed remains of the Scrolls of Teso, I set about translating the fragmented script. I found however that the primer that has served me for so long was lacking, or, perhaps (and I feel a little foolish for theorising in this way), perhaps the names of the emperors of that period were encoded in some way by those writing afterwards, for some esoteric purpose hitherto unknown to us.

In any case - between the years I mentioned in my last missive - a span of a mere four years, I herebye submit to the Guild the rollcall of Emperors of Cyrodil;

Mad Mad

Ownage

Prettypetal

Fizzbang

Xena

Lol252

Lockupyourdaughters

Legolas

Wendycakes

DPSConan

Bob

*Postscript - I have ordered the arrest of the adventurer who brought me the documents claiming they were authentic. Considering the significant payment the Guild made to her and the obvious fakery involved I have also ordered the inquisitor to put the individual to 'the question' in the Guild dungeons.

I promise you Master, we WILL get to the bottom of this and track down the jokers who have perpetrated this mockery."

Karteli

Apprentice Member

1/31/13 1:44:45 PM#64

Hopefully there will be a free demo / trial for this game.  With so many bad MMO games that have come and gone in recent years, there is little reassurance that this game will have longevity or be good quality.  Getting stamped with the ESO logo won't be enough.

Shipping with a free trial at launch would be nice.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

baphamet

Hard Core Member

1/31/13 1:55:50 PM#65

Originally posted by Karteli
Hopefully there will be a free demo / trial for this game.  With so many bad MMO games that have come and gone in recent years, there is little reassurance that this game will have longevity or be good quality.  Getting stamped with the ESO logo won't be enough.

Shipping with a free trial at launch would be nice.

it wont have longevity, you may as well prepare for that now because it wont as a theme park.

the only way a theme park style game will ever have longevity again is if one came out that blows everything else out of the water and nothing compares to it.

other than that, most people will play it for a while then quit, come back a few months later and play for a while, then quit again.

rinse and repeat.

Zeblade

Advanced Member

1/31/13 2:18:48 PM#66

Well Rekindle you talked about a copy and paste kind of mmo and what you didint like. Just what is it you would like to see. No really what would make this ESO any different you know stand out. What would you like to see done or changed?

Crazyhorsek

Apprentice Member

1/31/13 5:30:56 PM#67
Originally posted by LlexX
Originally posted by Rekindle

2.  The cinematic trailer.  You wasted your money on a generic cinematic trailer.  The cinematic trailer for Ultima ONline is awesome but says/shows nothing about the game.  I personally feel fans would have been better served by a good game play video.  I think it should be clear what players want to see.  The fact you release this instead speaks volumes about the coming ineptedtude.

The cinematic trailer is going to be the best part of this MMO from all this theme-parkisation of TES, looking at the amazing trailer they should have made a movie or TV serie instead of another WoW/GW2 clone.

I'm sorry you're prolly too young to remember life before WoW, but there was life. And by what the devs have been releasing, TESO has absolutely nothing to do with wow. Like... NOTHING.

I think people sometimes just macro this "wow clone" in their little brains and when they press one of those 8 neurons, the only thing that comes out is "omg wow clone".

Btw... wow is an EQ clone, with Games Workshop's clone factions. Your point is...?

P.S actually the best part about this mmo, is that people like you wont be playing it I hope. Now a question: Why do people come to forums of a game they dont like and take their time to hate on it? I mean... its kinda retarded... picture this... I go to that grocery store I hate, only to tell people there (that like that store) how much I hate it... and the sad part is to think that the people there actually care about what I have to say.

Look left. Theres a list of game forums, from A-C, D-F, G-L etc... theres one there you like and play, please waste your time there. I dont go to guild wars forums to say how much I hate it, because... well I hate it so I dont go there.

I'm sure this would be pretty logical and part of common sense by now, but no... people still do this. It blows my mind really...

Warmaker

Advanced Member

2/01/13 2:29:42 AM#68
Originally posted by Betaguy
Originally posted by HeroEvermore

As much as you and I love the Elder scrolls franchise (especially morrowind) don't treat this game like the IP is.

This is just another MMO: That is what i tell myself. SO if anything does amaze me when i get to actually PLAY the game and FEEL how it works then its all happy smiles here. If it's mediocre and not my thing. Oh well, im certainly used to that these days.

As to the person who says Skyrim is the best elder scrolls game. I would say most disagree with that. Morrowind has the cult following that skyrim will never reach.

Skyrim has sold the most copies and is most replayed... a cult of followers is puny in size for morrowwind.  The game is dated and severly lacking in comparison.  Once again I will say "Skyrim is the best ES game to date" facts prove it. To each is thier own though... Hope to see you in game if you choose wisely.

I guess by your logic McDonalds is the best restuarant you can ever do.  Millions upon millions served cannot be wrong right?  Someplace to take your date to for a wonderful dinner?

I for one am choosing wisely by not buying into ESO.  The writing's all over the wall and the longtime TES fan in me can heed the warnings.  I was happy at first when news of ESO was first released.  That is, until more details of the restricted gameplay came out.  Freedom was what TES games have been about.  But alot of information on ESO is the opposite.

If you refuse to see the warning sign of gaming circles on the internets blowing up in negativity when ESO was announced, and continues to do so, then by all means, do go on...

"I have only two out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (First Lieutenant Clifton B. Cates, US Marine Corps, Soissons, 19 July 1918)

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 Search