Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,931,671 Users Online:0
Games:764  Posts:6,341,902
Zenimax Online Studios | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/04/14)  | Pub:Bethesda Softworks
PVP:Yes | Distribution: | Retail Price:$59.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac Playstation 4 Xbox One | Out of date info? Let us know!

Elder Scrolls Online Forum » General Discussion » ESO devs: If you want to get open world PvP "right" read this...

8 Pages First « 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Search
144 posts found
  PyrateLV

Tipster

1/28/13 3:16:08 PM#141
Originally posted by ragz45
Originally posted by boxsnd

6) Names of enemies visible, same enemies all the time (to build rivalries and realm pride, and to make the whole war feel important)

Agree with everything you have posted accept for this.  DAOC never displayed the names of enemies, and I don't want to see it in ESO.  There is no need for it.  Once someone has destroyed you in pvp you can look into your log and see who killed you, but outright searching out people in combat via their name isn't needed.

I also don't know if this type of PvP could really be considered open world PvP.  Open world insinuates that PvP can happen anywhere at any time.  Where as the PvP in DAOC and ESO is more RvR style, or a gigantic battleground.  Not really open world pvp.

Visable enemy names is lame. Especially with Tab Targeting as it makes finding hidden players a simple task and completely throws Stealth and any chance of ambush or surprise attacks out the window.

Tried: EQ2 - AC - EU - HZ - TR - MxO - TTO - WURM - SL - VG:SoH - PotBS - PS - AoC - WAR - DDO - SWTOR
Played: UO - EQ1 - AO - DAoC - NC - CoH/CoV - SWG - WoW - EVE - AA - LotRO - DFO - STO - FE - MO - RIFT
Playing: Skyrim
Following: The Repopulation
I want a Virtual World, not just a Game.
ITS TOO HARD! - Matt Firor (ZeniMax)

ShakyMo

Apprentice Member

1/28/13 3:31:39 PM#142
What tab targeting? also who said names floating above heads. Just a chat line saying you got killed by xxx and an inspect feature when hovering the cursor over someone is enough.

No names at all gw2 style sucks, no rivalry, no long term playability.
  SirFubar

Apprentice Member

1/28/13 5:14:57 PM#143
Originally posted by boxsnd

I see the GW2 defense force has finally arrived. 

Just to make something clear though: Long duration CC (at least as it was in DAoC) didn't have any stunlocks. You could get stunned once (for up to 9 sec depending on skill) and then you had full immunity for 1 minute to stun. You could also use your purge to get out of the stun and essentially spend the 1st minute of the fight without getting stunned at all. In GW2/WoW though you can get stun locked. for example the wow rogue can stun you 3 times, gouge you 3 times, sap you, blind you 2 times etc. The gw2 thief can annoy you with his unlimited vanishes etc. In other words long duration CC is far less frustrating/annoying than low duration cc.

It's funny how you started defending GW2 when I talked about its mistakes and you KEPT defending it when I was suggesting thinkgs for ESO. How do you feel about Anet adding progression to WvW though (they promised it about a week ago)?

Go read my post, he's not the 1st defending GW2. WAR did it's CC right at a certain time where CC would break on damage and/or it also had an immunity for X sec (dont remember exactly). WoW's rogue is like the only example of stun locked CC. And you had to be really precise and timed everything perfectly to be able to stun lock someone for a good amount of time, not everyone was able to do it. It also wasn't that bad all the time. Also, you can't get stun locked in GW2 at all. I wonder if you really play the games you mention lol.

ShakyMo

Apprentice Member

1/28/13 6:01:33 PM#144
Wars cc ended up good when they put in the always breaks on damage rule. Don't know why more mmos don't do that, it doesn't hurt pve, it makes cc more tactical not just a part of rotation spam and it discourages blind aoe spam.
8 Pages First « 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Search