Trending Games | Landmark | World of Warcraft | Hearthstone | Villagers and Heroes

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,919,903 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,310,483
Zenimax Online Studios | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/04/14)  | Pub:Bethesda Softworks
Distribution: | Retail Price:$59.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac Playstation 4 Xbox One | Out of date info? Let us know!

Elder Scrolls Online Forum » General Discussion » Why is this game under the radar here!

5 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 » Search
82 posts found
  Gravarg

Spotlight Poster

1/16/13 1:31:59 PM#61
Originally posted by Anthur

@OP

I wouldn't say it is "under  the radar". Check the News articles, there have been at least 3 news articles during the last weeks.

But you are right, the hype for TESO is not very high on this page. Personally I am in the same boat. I really don't see much about TESO which would get me hyped.

I wouldn't say this is a bad thing though.  It's not getting over-hyped like every game that's come along since WoW.

ShakyMo

Apprentice Member

1/16/13 1:36:20 PM#62
They're not making daoc 2 though are they. If they were most of the complaints would be solved by rolling on a ffa or coop server instead of a core one.
  deakon

Novice Member

1/16/13 3:42:47 PM#63
Originally posted by paulytheb
Originally posted by remyburke
It's low on my radar because the game is just more of the same. /yawn

This pretty much sums it up. Add a shield block to GW2 and it sounds like it could be the same game. ( Except you are not zone locked in GW2. )

Some will really really like it.

However, I have a fear that they are walking into a trap. They are quite possibly making a game that will make NO ONE happy.The TES fans will say its not enough like a TES game and the MMO fans will say it is too much like a TES game or it is a clone.

Myself? No thank you. I am tired of the derivative  EQ/WOW gameplay and I yearn for something different. I will have to keep voting with my wallet I guess. I will be taking a pass on this one. Its ok though, lots of good single player games I have to get caught up on.

Pong got boring and went away after a while. Space Invaders got boring and went away. Pacman got boring. Side Scrollers got boring. Top down RPG's got boring. Rock Band games got boring. The same could happen to the MMO genre if there is no innovation soon.

GW2 is tab target, no progression, no quests, no raids, no trinity

TESO is reticle targeting, deep progression (every skill, armor and weapon has its own leveling tree), quests, raids,  trinity and less restrictive itemization.

Its pretty much taking the things gw2 did right and ignoring the things it didnt, while also including things that other games have done right (gear progression & end game), while also keeping the gameplay of the singleplayer tes games (right click block left swing hold left to power swing etc) and giving us deep skill progression system

Its certainly not a clone of anything

jtcgs

Advanced Member

1/16/13 5:45:15 PM#64
Originally posted by deakon

GW2 is tab target, no progression, no quests, no raids, no trinity

well, 2 out of 5 is good I guess...for some.

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

User Deleted
1/16/13 5:53:11 PM#65
Well OP to be honest the game isn't under the radar on this site its just a hot button issue that brings some forum danger into posting. A lot of old crusty die hard MMO vets linger here and they frothed at the mouth once they heard an MMO like the Elder Scrolls was in the works. But then the reveal showed it to be a trumped up WOW clone with bits of DAOC and a single player story focus. This so went against the expectations people had for an Elder Scrolls game that the anxiety and dissapointment doesn't stop to this day. If anything, TESO forum is kind of the site barf bucket. That description might fit the SWTOR forum too in that it really messed with some people when it flopped.
  Squeak69

Apprentice Member

cheese cheese wheres da bloody cheese

1/22/13 4:28:12 AM#66

because it wont play like a elder scrolls game

it will play like any other theme park mmo, while thats fine if done right this is a title that holds dear to people and to see it slapped with a cookie cutter theme that has been done to death and completly changes what we love about that title kills any hype we would have for it

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used to
Proper Grammer & spelling are extra, corrections will be LOL at.

Combspe

Novice Member

1/22/13 4:31:07 AM#67
Originally posted by Squeak69

because it wont play like a elder scrolls game

it will play like any other theme park mmo, while thats fine if done right this is a title that holds dear to people and to see it slapped with a cookie cutter theme that has been done to death and completly changes what we love about that title kills any hype we would have for it

I like how you know all of this without even playing the damned game. Jesus it's not even in alpha yet you people act like you know everything about the game.

Nitth

Elite Member

Magic Propels my Rolly Chair.

1/22/13 4:34:51 AM#68

Originally posted by Combspe

Originally posted by Squeak69 because it wont play like a elder scrolls game it will play like any other theme park mmo, while thats fine if done right this is a title that holds dear to people and to see it slapped with a cookie cutter theme that has been done to death and completly changes what we love about that title kills any hype we would have for it
I like how you know all of this without even playing the damned game. Jesus it's not even in alpha yet you people act like you know everything about the game.

There is a number of interviews on this site and many others outlining which 'features' are in the game.... Most are theme park standard.

So No, people cant say with absolute certainty how the game is going to be, But there is more than enough information to make an educated guess to the point of highly probable as to how the game will play.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

Combspe

Novice Member

1/22/13 4:40:59 AM#69
Originally posted by Nitth

Originally posted by Squeak69 because it wont play like a elder scrolls game it will play like any other theme park mmo, while thats fine if done right this is a title that holds dear to people and to see it slapped with a cookie cutter theme that has been done to death and completly changes what we love about that title kills any hype we would have for it

There is a number of interviews on this site and many others outlining which 'features' are in the game.... Most are theme park standard.

So No, people cant say with absolute certainty how the game is going to be, But there is more than enough information to make an educated guess to the point of highly probable as to how the game will play.

Well, I'll take an educated guess and say he is wrong and those that believe this are wrong and I'll even back up what I say with sources that have actually played the god damned game.

Elder Scrolls Off the Record:

“If you were worried that The Elder Scrolls Online might end up being just another MMO that you’ve played a million times before, you can rest easy. The team at Zenimax Online Studios have created a game that feels unlike anything you’ve ever experienced, yet not so foreign that you will have to relearn everything from the ground up. And with the goal of creating an Elder Scrolls game that also happens to be an MMO, you’re going to feel right at home during your adventures in Tamriel.”

http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/news/post/2012/10/24/dive-into-the-eso-preview-event-coverage

Sideras

Novice Member

1/22/13 4:43:17 AM#70
Originally posted by 3-4thElf

I think even people excited for this meh game hopes it's an end of a completely useless cycle.

Taking the 2003 era theme park model and forcing it on an IP just can't be exciting any longer. Plus Elder Scrolls fans like me (there's a few out there like me) are completely disgusted with the pigeon holed cookie cutter game they're hoping to cash in on.

Any Elder Scrolls game that lacks the ability to customize a class, free roam, join any faction isn't an Elder Scrolls game.

But you can free roam and customize your class. I'm not going to say it will be a success or anything cause quite frankly we haven't seen enough yet.

Skyrim strayed away abit from being an Elder Scrolls game the day they decided to dumb the game down by limiting who can die and removing all consequence from joining a certain faction. I don't mind streamlining but imo newer games should improve on past installments, not downgrade and remove things.

I'll stay cautiously optimistic about TESO and by this point you should know that this isn't a pure ES game (like no shit kid).

Lawlmonster

Advanced Member

Take my advice, I'm not using it anyway.

1/22/13 4:46:02 AM#71
Originally posted by azzamasin
Originally posted by Ecoces

MMORPG.com is the MMO hipster hangout.

ewww it doesn't have open world PVP ewww

ewww it doesn't have full loot ewww

ewww it has instances ewww

ewww its not a sandbox ewww

id rather wait for "the Repopulation" or insert some other obscure indie title thats made by 4 guys in their parents basement.

Exactly 100% accurate assessment of these forums.

I think you actually realize how ridiculous and generalizing this statement is, and how far from the truth it can really be when you look into the deeply rooted themepark vs. sandbox discussion that takes place here. Why anyone continues to promote this sentiment is beyond me, and it's certainly not winning hearts or changing minds.

"This is life! We suffer and slave and expire. That's it!" -Bernard Black (Dylan Moran)

Nitth

Elite Member

1/22/13 4:50:23 AM#72

Originally posted by Nitth  

There is a number of interviews on this site and many others outlining which 'features' are in the game.... Most are theme park standard. So No, people cant say with absolute certainty how the game is going to be, But there is more than enough information to make an educated guess to the point of highly probable as to how the game will play.
Well, I'll take an educated guess and say he is wrong and those that believe this are wrong and I'll even back up what I say with sources that have actually played the god damned game.

Elder Scrolls Off the Record:

“If you were worried that The Elder Scrolls Online might end up being just another MMO that you’ve played a million times before, you can rest easy. The team at Zenimax Online Studios have created a game that feels unlike anything you’ve ever experienced, yet not so foreign that you will have to relearn everything from the ground up. And with the goal of creating an Elder Scrolls game that also happens to be an MMO, you’re going to feel right at home during your adventures in Tamriel.”

http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/news/post/2012/10/24/dive-into-the-eso-preview-event-coverage

That's PR. Of course its going to be pro elderscolls online.

As i said before, There are mods here that have played, And interviewed the devs extracting information about the elder scrolls on line.

You cant deny dev confirmed posts like "you can only play in one province per character" for instance which a large majority is not in favor of.

I can link a few interviews if you like?

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

Combspe

Novice Member

1/22/13 4:57:16 AM#73
Yes. Do us all a favor and backup your so called "claims"
  Nitth

Elite Member

1/22/13 4:57:55 AM#74

Yes. Do us all a favor and backup your so called "claims"

Any one in particular?

Combspe

Novice Member

1/22/13 5:00:37 AM#75

You cant deny dev confirmed posts like "you can only play in one province per character" for instance which a large majority is not in favor of.

How about this^

Betaguy

Advanced Member

Some folks are like Slinkies, totally useless but great fun to watch when pushed down stairs

1/22/13 5:07:47 AM#76
I think the game will be decent and can't wait to give it a shot myself.

Nitth

Elite Member

1/22/13 5:30:29 AM#77

How about this^

http://youtu.be/f1dqCjnATWg?t=4m19s

Looking for the actual text quote, will update when i find the interview.

3-4thElf

Apprentice Member

1/22/13 6:47:01 AM#78
Originally posted by Sideras

I think even people excited for this meh game hopes it's an end of a completely useless cycle.

Taking the 2003 era theme park model and forcing it on an IP just can't be exciting any longer. Plus Elder Scrolls fans like me (there's a few out there like me) are completely disgusted with the pigeon holed cookie cutter game they're hoping to cash in on.

Any Elder Scrolls game that lacks the ability to customize a class, free roam, join any faction isn't an Elder Scrolls game.

But you can free roam and customize your class. I'm not going to say it will be a success or anything cause quite frankly we haven't seen enough yet.

Skyrim strayed away abit from being an Elder Scrolls game the day they decided to dumb the game down by limiting who can die and removing all consequence from joining a certain faction. I don't mind streamlining but imo newer games should improve on past installments, not downgrade and remove things.

I'll stay cautiously optimistic about TESO and by this point you should know that this isn't a pure ES game (like no shit kid).

Well even you said a bit. Each game has been different, but none of them have been as restrictive as this piss poorly planned title has been. I'm hoping it launches, everyone who's even remotely optimistic buys it, it crashes after 3 months like every other cookie cutter title. Within a year be free to play. And then hopefully maybe this era of been there done that MMO development ends.

The changes for TESO for an Elder Scroll series isn't progressive. What you call dumbing down a lot of people saw as streamlining to focus on the action. 

Having classes, locked content per race, a terribly uninspired pvp system (DAoC is fucking OLD), no innovation for the genre, a step back in graphics, classes, tab combat. It's just all two steps back to cash in on the already tiring MMO model. It's completely daft to see a AAA developer do the same thing so many before them have done just to fail in the same way.

If it doesn't launch at least buy to play then they've lied to their investors and have to keep a poker face to get through work they've done without doing proper research. It's sad to see and I hope it doesn't affect Bethesda Games, because the studio actually knows what they're doing.

a yo ho ho

MyTabbycat

Novice Member

1/22/13 8:08:58 AM#79
Originally posted by Sideras

Well even you said a bit. Each game has been different, but none of them have been as restrictive as this piss poorly planned title has been. I'm hoping it launches, everyone who's even remotely optimistic buys it, it crashes after 3 months like every other cookie cutter title. Within a year be free to play. And then hopefully maybe this era of been there done that MMO development ends.

The changes for TESO for an Elder Scroll series isn't progressive. What you call dumbing down a lot of people saw as streamlining to focus on the action. 

Having classes, locked content per race, a terribly uninspired pvp system (DAoC is fucking OLD), no innovation for the genre, a step back in graphics, classes, tab combat. It's just all two steps back to cash in on the already tiring MMO model. It's completely daft to see a AAA developer do the same thing so many before them have done just to fail in the same way.

If it doesn't launch at least buy to play then they've lied to their investors and have to keep a poker face to get through work they've done without doing proper research. It's sad to see and I hope it doesn't affect Bethesda Games, because the studio actually knows what they're doing.

ESO doesn't affect what Bethesda is doing. They will still be making TES VI at some point down the road.

I don't understand your vitriol over this game. I love TES games. I plan on buying this one as well. I don't consider it to be part of the regular elder scrolls series. I will be playing it just for fun.

ShakyMo

Apprentice Member

1/22/13 8:15:49 AM#80
Yeah daoc is old. But name one themepark that's done pvp better. You could make a case for the odd sandbox like eve, but no themepark mmo has come anywhere near offering a pvp experience like daoc. EVER.

Note: I don't think TESO will either due to thus megaserver bollox and all the cross realming that will come with it and also no option to roll on a ffa server.
5 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 » Search