Trending Games | ArcheAge | Guild Wars 2 | WildStar | Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,787,645 Users Online:0
Games:723  Posts:6,193,373
Zenimax Online Studios | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/04/14)  | Pub:Bethesda Softworks
Distribution: | Retail Price:$59.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac Playstation 4 Xbox One | Out of date info? Let us know!

Elder Scrolls Online Forum » General Discussion » Why is this game under the radar here!

5 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 » Search
82 posts found
  remyburke

Hard Core Member

I liked MMOs better when gamers didn't play them, and just geeks did.

1/15/13 9:13:02 PM#21
It's low on my radar because the game is just more of the same. /yawn

MMORPG.com member: 10th Year Anniversary. Where has the time gone...?

Waiting for: ArcheAge

Played: AC1, AC2, Aion, AO, AoC, CO, CoX, DAoC, DCUO, DN, EVE, EQ1, EQ2,
ESO, FE, FFXI, FFXIV, FF, GW1, GW2, Istaria, L2, LoTRO, MO, MxO, NW, Rift, RoE,
Ryzom, SB, SWG, SWTOR, TERA, TSW, WAR, WoW, WURM...

paulytheb

Apprentice Member

1/15/13 10:01:35 PM#22
Originally posted by remyburke

This pretty much sums it up. Add a shield block to GW2 and it sounds like it could be the same game. ( Except you are not zone locked in GW2. )

Some will really really like it.

However, I have a fear that they are walking into a trap. They are quite possibly making a game that will make NO ONE happy.The TES fans will say its not enough like a TES game and the MMO fans will say it is too much like a TES game or it is a clone.

Myself? No thank you. I am tired of the derivative  EQ/WOW gameplay and I yearn for something different. I will have to keep voting with my wallet I guess. I will be taking a pass on this one. Its ok though, lots of good single player games I have to get caught up on.

Pong got boring and went away after a while. Space Invaders got boring and went away. Pacman got boring. Side Scrollers got boring. Top down RPG's got boring. Rock Band games got boring. The same could happen to the MMO genre if there is no innovation soon.

( Note to self-Don't say anything bad about Drizzt.)

An acerbic sense of humor is NOT allowed here.

PyrateLV

Tipster

1/15/13 10:11:00 PM#23

Zenimax doesnt want to be innovative or to move the genre forward. That would take work and effort.

They want to suck as much $$$ as possible out of people before they get tired of the banal gameplay that MMOs have become and stop buying them.

Tried: EQ2 - AC - EU - HZ - TR - MxO - TTO - WURM - SL - VG:SoH - PotBS - PS - AoC - WAR - DDO - SWTOR
Played: UO - EQ1 - AO - DAoC - NC - CoH/CoV - SWG - WoW - EVE - AA - LotRO - DFO - STO - FE - MO - RIFT
Playing: Skyrim
Following: The Repopulation
I want a Virtual World, not just a Game.
ITS TOO HARD! - Matt Firor (ZeniMax)

khameleon

Apprentice Member

1/15/13 10:16:21 PM#24

To me this is the main game I am following and want to play.  It will have advanced, modern combat system, tons of customization for character, an interesting, exciting worldf with good PVP options.

Other games that keep getting hype here always fail. Darkfall always gets tons of hype and always sucks badly. 

ArcheAge is a Korean game with dated tab combat and quest hubs from the original WOW, boring as hell. The sandbox features and all that are overexaggerated from every hands on preview i have seen it sounds bland and like it will fail in the West.

TES online is what I can't wait to try. 

dinams

Novice Member

1/15/13 10:20:20 PM#25

Until Now I dont see reasons to get excited

Its just that, maybe I change my mind to ''Yeah I could try it out'' when a gameplay video comes out but thats it, I dont see myself getting hyped up for it like I am for some singleplayers that are coming out

Neverwinter caught my attention due to its combat but still, im not hyped for that either

"It has potential"
-Second most used phrase on existence
"It sucks"
-Most used phrase on existence

Tuchaka

Apprentice Member

1/15/13 10:25:09 PM#26
hmm let's see if you are looking forward to this game then ya maybe it seems under the radar. To me someone who thinks this game will be nothing special, all the hype its getting to me is just cause its in the Elder Scrolls universe nothing i enjoyed about skyrim do i expect to find in this game. So it all just depends on how much you value something.
  karmath

Novice Member

1/15/13 10:59:56 PM#27
Because its just another cancerous clone and most here have thankfully woke up to the fact that cancerclones are complete and utter rubbish.
  azzamasin

Elite Member

We live in a fantasy world, a world of illusion. The great task in life is to find reality.

1/15/13 11:03:40 PM#28
Originally posted by remyburke

So little knowledge in so few words.

I suppose for someone to of played so many games in so short of time it would seem like ESO is another clone, I mean of the 713 MMO's in your "played" list, which is it a clone of?  But again I suppose thats what is to be expected from someone who cant devote even a modicum of replayability to a game.  I laugh at the irony when you begin playing one of these glorious sandbox's and quit within a few months based on your track record.

If your idea of a Sandbox is open FFA Full Loot PvP, full crafted world with minimal support for anything combat then your sandbox ideas are bad! Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

azzamasin

Elite Member

We live in a fantasy world, a world of illusion. The great task in life is to find reality.

1/15/13 11:04:50 PM#29
Originally posted by karmath
Because its just another cancerous clone and most here have thankfully woke up to the fact that cancerclones are complete and utter rubbish.

Clone of what?

Thats like saying Age of Wushu is a clone.

OHH wait, Themepark automatically means WoW clone.  Silly me for forgetting the rules on sandbox.com.

If your idea of a Sandbox is open FFA Full Loot PvP, full crafted world with minimal support for anything combat then your sandbox ideas are bad! Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

User Deleted
1/15/13 11:06:14 PM#30
It's not under the radar, it's just not a sandbox, which is what the current trend is here.  
  cronius77

Advanced Member

1/15/13 11:11:19 PM#31
anyone who has really read and kept up with this game knows its far from a clone. There is some gameplay videos up on youtube already i just watched a 9 minute one today that showed some combat and was posted at the end of november. I still play skyrim on a daily basis and will enjoy going back 1000 years to see the places listed in the books you read in skyrim. The game is being converted to an mmorpg so it will lose some of the TES first person immersive feelings but saying this game is just more of the same shows how bias people on this site are and do not even try to keep up with the news of it.
  NC-John

Novice Member

1/15/13 11:22:19 PM#32
I really hate to be jaded guy #991992999292 but it looks like another snore fest.  But to be fair, I will check it out when it goes free to play.

"Not even a cray super computer can make this game run well. Thats what happens when you code an MMO in pascal. " - miglor

Mischiff

Advanced Member

OP  1/16/13 6:40:56 AM#33

You get an "Epic personal story", 3 faction PVP and "When enough territory is controlled by one faction, that faction can attempt to seize control of the Ruby Throne in Imperial City. Whichever character contributed the most to this conquest will be made Emperor"     source http://www.tentonhammer.com/node/247605/page/3   ,      and i dont get those people who say that the game isnt going to be like the other games where u can tailor your class how u want. This is a quote

"One of the aspects that has appealed the most to me throughout the Elder Scrolls franchise has been the wide-open character class system. Or, rather, the persistent lack of one. The skill-based character allows for much more freedom and customization - you can totally tailor your character to how you want to play the game, rather than be forced along a progression track by a rigidly-defined class."   source http://www.tentonhammer.com/node/247605/page/4

you are not bound to a certain class, u can make your own.

Nitth

Elite Member

Magic Propels my Rolly Chair.

1/16/13 6:50:43 AM#34

Originally posted by Mischiff
You get an "Epic personal story", 3 faction PVP and "When enough territory is controlled by one faction, that faction can attempt to seize control of the Ruby Throne in Imperial City. Whichever character contributed the most to this conquest will be made Emperor"     source http://www.tentonhammer.com/node/247605/page/3   ,      and i dont get those people who say that the game isnt going to be like the other games where u can tailor your class how u want. This is a quote

All three of them are gimicks.

Personal story will last you less than a week, imo story is a weak part of an mmorpg.
3 faction pvp with races that make no sense in an instanced battle ground? Doesnt excite me.

"One of the aspects that has appealed the most to me throughout the Elder Scrolls franchise has been the wide-open character class system. Or, rather, the persistent lack of one. The skill-based character allows for much more freedom and customization - you can totally tailor your character to how you want to play the game, rather than be forced along a progression track by a rigidly-defined class."   source http://www.tentonhammer.com/node/247605/page/4

you are not bound to a certain class, u can make your own.

Me being a cloth assassin cant be done.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

ShakyMo

Apprentice Member

1/16/13 6:55:55 AM#35
Niith
TESO doesn't have any instanced battlegrounds AT ALL

I agree with you on classes, but only skyrim has no classes, both Morrowind and oblivion had classes, all be it you could create your own custom class at the start of the game.
  Nitth

Elite Member

1/16/13 6:59:37 AM#36

Originally posted by ShakyMo
NiithTESO doesn't have any instanced battlegrounds AT ALL

Yes, It does. they just call them "campaigns" different variations of cyrodiil. you and a friend could be playing completely different versions.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

ShakyMo

Apprentice Member

1/16/13 7:01:47 AM#37
Hmm a wobbly interpretation at the least. Sure they spawn extra copies of world zones, which I'm not keen on. But it still doesn't make it a battleground. It's not a timed match for a start.
  Nitth

Elite Member

1/16/13 7:05:27 AM#38

Hmm a wobbly interpretation at the least. Sure they spawn extra copies of world zones, which I'm not keen on. But it still doesn't make it a battleground. It's not a timed match for a start.

How does it being timed or not have any bearing on it being a "battleground"?

how does: "An area which can and does spawn multiple copies in which you pvp against other players" not qualify it for s 'battleground'?

edit; Campaigns do have an end condition, so there is a said timer if i read the articles correctly.

ShakyMo

Apprentice Member

1/16/13 7:09:15 AM#39
Because a battleground as most people understand it is a timed match with equal sides doing ctf or some other ramming of a fps square peg in a mmo round hole.

Most people don't consider the whole of oblivion with persistent siege warfare, open dungeons and everything else a battleground.

The only people who do are those with a "wow clone! Wow clone! Burn the witch" agenda.
  Nitth

Elite Member

1/16/13 7:15:02 AM#40

The only people who do are those with a "wow clone! Wow clone! Burn the witch" agenda.

Never said it was a wow clone, I will say that i believe that the devs do a very good play on words and funnel peoples perceptions of "what they hope it will be like".

5 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 » Search