Trending Games | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn | Star Wars: The Old Republic | World of Warcraft | EverQuest

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,901,005 Users Online:0
Games:753  Posts:6,271,262
Zenimax Online Studios | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/04/14)  | Pub:Bethesda Softworks
Distribution: | Retail Price:$59.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac Playstation 4 Xbox One | Out of date info? Let us know!

Elder Scrolls Online Forum » General Discussion » The fact that this forum is "hating this game" is a good sign

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 Search
70 posts found
  noncley

Novice Member

1/22/13 1:24:26 PM#61
Originally posted by Onomas
Originally posted by Geschaefer

Every game that comes out; has generally an outstanding and super hyped anticipation from the patrons of these forums.

Each and every time; ive been sucked in by everyone elses flag waving cheerleaders; and every time; these games end up garbage.

My new indicator of a possibly great upcoming game; is if "you" the collective community hate on it.. ill probably end up liking it. 

Considering it will just be another cookie-cutter mmo with limitations out the rear end........... seems like it will just be another good IP destroyed and will bomb in 3 months. They keep making the same game over and over with new graphics and names for items. In the end, its the exact same game as the last 301 themeparks released this past few years.

I hope this is not true but after the calamity of SWTOR and considering the already announced differenes between what this game will be like compared to the single player games from which it was drawn, I think you might be right.

keithian

Hard Core Member

1/22/13 1:36:31 PM#62

I hate to admit this, but I made an almost identical thread with SWTOR before release. Though it did produce the amount of box sales I was expecting, it did not retain the subs I thought it would despite all the negativity on this site. There really is no correlation between negativity on the forums from .0001 % of the users and what people will feel after release. Either the game will work for whatever reason or it won't. 

There Is Always Hope!

User Deleted
1/22/13 1:53:02 PM#63
The fact that this forum is "hating this game" only means that it exhists. They hate everything. You really can't draw any conclusions from it. I wish this wasn't the case, but there are just too many old-bitter vets who hate on anything that isn't SWG or similar sandbox style.
  Drolkin

Apprentice Member

1/22/13 1:58:21 PM#64

I can't hate a game I haven't tried but I can forsee myself disliking this game if I do end up trying it, from what I have read about it there is nothing new, exciting, or innovative.  It's on par with turning LoTRO into a MMORPG just because the franchise was famous.

Zzz.

Drolkin

Apprentice Member

1/22/13 2:00:12 PM#65
Originally posted by Psychow
The fact that this forum is "hating this game" only means that it exhists. They hate everything. You really can't draw any conclusions from it. I wish this wasn't the case, but there are just too many old-bitter vets who hate on anything that isn't SWG or similar sandbox style.

That is quite a generalization you made there, in fact if what you say was true, no one would be playing MMORPGs or even coming to this site. 

Johnie-Marz

Novice Member

1/22/13 2:02:03 PM#66

There is a big difference between "hating" on a game and giving point specific criticism. That is what's odd about the ESO critics, they have point by point, well thought out reasons why they are worried the game seems to be Elder Scrolls in name only.

Shubawkss

Novice Member

1/22/13 2:02:36 PM#67
MMORPG.com hated on SWTOR, and that game is a sack of shit. lol
  User Deleted
1/22/13 2:02:41 PM#68
Originally posted by Drolkin

That is quite a generalization you made there, in fact if what you say was true, no one would be playing MMORPGs or even coming to this site. 

Many of them don't play MMOs and they come to this site to bitch about the genre not being new, fresh and interesting.

Drolkin

Apprentice Member

1/22/13 2:11:54 PM#69

Many of them don't play MMOs and they come to this site to bitch about the genre not being new, fresh and interesting.

MMOs aren't fresh or interesting, they're stagnant in the sense that there is no innovation or experimentation, unless you care to point  out a MMO or two that have done something new/innovative lately. 

World of Darkness maybe with permadeath and forced RP, but that is speculation in my eyes until I've experienced the gameplay myself.

sapphen

Apprentice Member

1/22/13 2:45:28 PM#70

MMOs aren't fresh or interesting, they're stagnant in the sense that there is no innovation or experimentation, unless you care to point  out a MMO or two that have done something new/innovative lately. 

World of Darkness maybe with permadeath and forced RP, but that is speculation in my eyes until I've experienced the gameplay myself.

The same thing can happen in the art world.  Someone releases a Mona Lisa and everyone else goes around painting portraits of a women trying to top it.  Many investors refuse to let artists paint anything other than a picture of a women.  You can't reproduce a masterpiece.

A group of game designers need to get together and talk about creative ways to make a large online multiplayer game in a persistent world.  This is what ESO should have done instead of painting in aspects from other games.  People say it's risky to do something different but it's no more of a risk than releasing another lisa hoping to top the original.

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 Search