Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,782,722 Users Online:0
Games:723  Posts:6,192,210
Zenimax Online Studios | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/04/14)  | Pub:Bethesda Softworks
Distribution: | Retail Price:$59.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac Playstation 4 Xbox One | Out of date info? Let us know!

Elder Scrolls Online Forum » General Discussion » The fact that this forum is "hating this game" is a good sign

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 » Search
70 posts found
  Zorgo

Hard Core Member

Who did wrong? The advertiser hired to sell the game or the consumer who put faith in advertising?

12/16/12 9:44:10 AM#21
If that is your litmus test, then you must think every game listed on this site is doing stellar.
  Icewhite

Made History

Pink, it's like red but not quite.

12/16/12 9:45:56 AM#22
Originally posted by Geschaefer

Every game that comes out; has generally an outstanding and super hyped anticipation from the patrons of these forums.

Each and every time; ive been sucked in by everyone elses flag waving cheerleaders; and every time; these games end up garbage.

Each and every time, "hype" is coming from entirely different people.  But the gamers who catch the tail end of the hype cycle point fingers at the company.

Over the last year or so, I've come to the conclusion that the "haters" are drawn "mostly" from "fans" who got "duped" by the previous game in the hype-crash cycle.  They've got the most recent bitterness.  New alt, zing, ready for another round.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

User Deleted
12/16/12 9:53:54 AM#23

Forum hate now doesn't mean a thing. I'm sure once we get close to launch the devs will say the usual buzzwords... The players will go ''Wow, this game wil be AWSUM!!!'' and then they will congratulate themselves and each other on buying life time subscriptions. Fast forward 6 months and the game will be down to 30% playing...

MyTabbycat

Novice Member

12/16/12 10:57:39 AM#24

The true test of a game is when it actually launches and people play the game.

I still say I hope this game remains under the hype radar.

Kyleran

Bitter Vet™

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

12/16/12 12:07:37 PM#25
Originally posted by deakon
Originally posted by Onomas
Originally posted by ezpz77

Every game that comes out; has generally an outstanding and super hyped anticipation from the patrons of these forums.

Each and every time; ive been sucked in by everyone elses flag waving cheerleaders; and every time; these games end up garbage.

My new indicator of a possibly great upcoming game; is if "you" the collective community hate on it.. ill probably end up liking it. 

Considering it will just be another cookie-cutter mmo with limitations out the rear end........... seems like it will just be another good IP destroyed and will bomb in 3 months. They keep making the same game over and over with new graphics and names for items. In the end, its the exact same game as the last 301 themeparks released this past few years.

You guys are so predictable. As soon as a themepark game is mentioned, the cynical hive-mind forms up to post the same boring rhetoric over and over and over. I swear I could make a posting bot that would pretty much cover these type of posts.

Thats because the newer games are so predictable. I mean how many great IP's have been destroyed by crap work and rushed mmo's? SWTOR for example, people like you defended it so badly, but it took a little while for it to sink in.

Many of us are tired of these piss poor mmorpg's the game companies have been releasing. Single player console style rpg's with so many limits and no features.

But already from all information combined on the game, it will be another wow clone cookie cutter. Your hyped about future failure? I want more out of my mmorpg's, glad you are happy with limits and linear gameplay. This game sounds no different than the last 200 themeparks released.

Hope im wrong, but by the sounds of it.............

You have either A) not read anything about the game or B) are spouting nonesense

How is it a wow clone when the char progression is completely different, the combat mechanics are completely different, the itemization is completely different, the pvp is completely different etc etc?

The only similarity is that it shares the same genre

Completely different eh? You know this how, from the beta tests, extensive demos at trade shows, etc? Oh, because they said so.  I see.

I'll believe it when I see it, still thinking it's going to play far to much like previously titles before it.

But who knows, maybe I'm wrong, win win for me in that case. 

"In these forums 'honest' seems to be a symonym for 'hates the game just like I do'" - ohioastro
Kyleran - Bitter Vet ™ since 2006
"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

deakon

Novice Member

12/16/12 12:54:34 PM#26
Originally posted by Kyleran
Originally posted by deakon
Originally posted by ezpz77

My new indicator of a possibly great upcoming game; is if "you" the collective community hate on it.. ill probably end up liking it. 

Considering it will just be another cookie-cutter mmo with limitations out the rear end........... seems like it will just be another good IP destroyed and will bomb in 3 months. They keep making the same game over and over with new graphics and names for items. In the end, its the exact same game as the last 301 themeparks released this past few years.

You guys are so predictable. As soon as a themepark game is mentioned, the cynical hive-mind forms up to post the same boring rhetoric over and over and over. I swear I could make a posting bot that would pretty much cover these type of posts.

Thats because the newer games are so predictable. I mean how many great IP's have been destroyed by crap work and rushed mmo's? SWTOR for example, people like you defended it so badly, but it took a little while for it to sink in.

Many of us are tired of these piss poor mmorpg's the game companies have been releasing. Single player console style rpg's with so many limits and no features.

But already from all information combined on the game, it will be another wow clone cookie cutter. Your hyped about future failure? I want more out of my mmorpg's, glad you are happy with limits and linear gameplay. This game sounds no different than the last 200 themeparks released.

Hope im wrong, but by the sounds of it.............

You have either A) not read anything about the game or B) are spouting nonesense

How is it a wow clone when the char progression is completely different, the combat mechanics are completely different, the itemization is completely different, the pvp is completely different etc etc?

The only similarity is that it shares the same genre

Completely different eh? You know this how, from the beta tests, extensive demos at trade shows, etc? Oh, because they said so.  I see.

I'll believe it when I see it, still thinking it's going to play far to much like previously titles before it.

But who knows, maybe I'm wrong, win win for me in that case. 

Well I'm going by what has been said by sites like this one that have played the game. But the fact that it has been said by those that have played the game that progression is completely different (each skill/waepon/armor type has its own progression path) and its confirmed that there are no restrictions on items

The only thing I'm taking the devs word alone on is that the pvp is open world, 3 faction, siege based with no hard reset.

So at least I do have something to back up what I say unlike those that scream "wow clone"

Johnie-Marz

Novice Member

12/16/12 12:59:33 PM#27

I'vehad the opposite experience, I was planning on buying SW:TOR but after the slew of criticism I decided to take more of a wait and see attitude. It saved me some money.

keithian

Hard Core Member

12/17/12 2:19:02 PM#28

I'm not sure I agree with the OPs premise. I said the same thing about TOR and even created a similar thread. The reviewers were giving the game rave beta impressions and reviews post launch, but these forums were mostly negative prior to release with certain individuals on a mission to troll. Anyway, in the end, I was wrong, the haters won as the game didn't produce the population I expected. It still is going strong and may do better just like AOC did for a while after major improvements were done, but it is still not the millions and millions many predicted.

I am however looking forward to this game regardless of anyones opinions here.

There Is Always Hope!

baphamet

Hard Core Member

12/17/12 2:24:04 PM#29

so you like/hate games based only on what other people like/hate?

and you felt this deserved a thread of its own?

wow.

Crunchy222

Apprentice Member

12/24/12 10:39:27 PM#30

QFT

+1

Kendane

Novice Member

12/24/12 10:55:32 PM#31

Hate towards an MMO saying its going to be garbage and everyone that even thinks for a milisecond to give it a chance is the reason games suck is the norm though. I mean, EVERY mmo has those topics that "WoW Clone" and this game is a failure topics. It's just the standard fare of forums. Not even just these forums too. Seen em on Tentonhammer, Gamefaqs, it's just the standard topic in every MMO. Just like when it first launches these topics comprise of 2/3rds of the first two pages on the games boards and fill the other 1/3rd with no your stupid this game sucks.

I mean, there isn't ANY info out on EverQuest Next and its already being called a WoW Clone, Failure, etc before there is so much as a screenshot of the game. People are just extremely  pessimistic, and to be fair there have been some pretty lack luster titles over the years. 

Finally theres alway the Sandbox trolls(not to be confused with those that just prefer Sandbox mmos) that spam any non sandbox mmo with it sucks.

Will this game be good? Dunno, it could be like DAoC, considering you probably will have a different environment/quests/story for at least 3 characters across the 3 factions. If it's RvR is like DAoC, it could be pretty interesting. It could also end up being all the "pros" play say....Ebonwhatever and scrubs play Daggerwhatchamacallit, leaving the Aldmari Dohicky with moderate population, Ebonwhatever with high and Daggerwhatchamcallit low and it does't work out. I'd like to think at worst one will be highly populated and the others moderate but you never know. I am pretty sure I will give the game a chance, but come launch time I might change my mind.

Thebigthrill

Spotlight Poster

12/24/12 11:05:37 PM#32

Some day there will be a mmorpg released that will bring sandbox and theme park fans together.

This is not that game.

This game will die in 3 months. Eventually what will happen is two things.

1.The mmorpg industry will die , companies will give up investing money into mmorpgs that lose money.

(OR)

2.Companies will wake up and realize that the current trend of holding players hands and leading them down a hallway is not the way to build a mmorpg and make millions of dollars.

Its as simple as that.

We need to go throught the pain of SWTOR , ESO , Final Fantasy and future theme parks ect ect till these devs finally see the light.

"Don't tell me what to do! , you're not my mod"

Saying invented by me.

MyTabbycat

Novice Member

12/25/12 5:09:37 AM#33

Pessimist, much?

The game isn't even in Beta yet but you've already predicted its doom within 3 months.

Perhaps you should play the stock market since you are so sure of your prognosticating abilities.

xeniar

Hard Core Member

12/25/12 6:08:42 AM#34
Originally posted by MyTabbycat

Pessimist, much?

The game isn't even in Beta yet but you've already predicted its doom within 3 months.

Perhaps you should play the stock market since you are so sure of your prognosticating abilities.

well its very easy to do that if you look at our current new releases.

I myself have stopped playing GW2, Yes WvW is fun. but its i geus not what im looking for. Im looking for that player interaction wich the company's are going away from further and further. yes you make a great game in an mmo setting. but without it being an actual MMO.... People will return to WoW you know why? they do it better have the largest pack of features no new released game can get even close too.

So thats why every new themepark fails. They look too much like WoW and WoW is doing things better.

I have to say i havnt been readin up on ESO at all. I love the franchise tho.. played alot of oblivion and skyrim myself. But i don't really see this working in an MMO im on the fence and i willl stay there for a Long time, most likely till close to release where i can decide if this will be another failed themepark or something diffrent.

MyTabbycat

Novice Member

12/25/12 6:46:08 AM#35
  lizardbones

Elite Member

I've become dependent upon spell check. My apologies for stupid grammatical errors.

12/25/12 6:53:06 AM#36
This forum hates all games. It is not really a predicter of anything because it is a constant.

For every large, complex problem, there is a simple, clear solution that also happens to be absolutely wrong.

Zalmon

Apprentice Member

12/25/12 6:54:28 AM#37
Originally posted by lizardbones
This forum hates all games. It is not really a predicter of anything because it is a constant.

Yeah it does hate every MMO but some MMO gets way too much hate. And i always tend to enjoy those MMOS the most ;)

Gravarg

Spotlight Poster

12/25/12 6:26:27 PM#38
Well the most hated MMO on this site is probably WoW, and I still play and I like playing it.  Rift came out and everyone said it was horrible and just a clone of WoW (which it isn't)  and I still play it and I like playing it.  So I guess I could see the logic.  Everyone loved SWTOR,  I did too, but when it launched everyone said it was horrible, and I disagree, but I don't play it anymore.
  User Deleted
1/01/13 5:49:42 PM#39
Just have this feeling that this game will be delayed to 2014....dunno just a hunch. 
  Sidraket

Advanced Member

1/02/13 3:46:18 AM#40
Originally posted by Gravarg
Well the most hated MMO on this site is probably WoW, and I still play and I like playing it.  Rift came out and everyone said it was horrible and just a clone of WoW (which it isn't)  and I still play it and I like playing it.  So I guess I could see the logic.  Everyone loved SWTOR,  I did too, but when it launched everyone said it was horrible, and I disagree, but I don't play it anymore.

A WoW clone is an EQ clone with soloing to the level cap via filler quest grinding and instanced pve/pvp.

An EQ clone is a 3d mmo with a gear based endgame progression and a group structure based around agro and agro management.

Rift is a game where you solo to the level cap by doing quests and then raid for gear in instances while grouping with agro based dynamic.

It is a WoW clone.

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 » Search