Trending Games | Darkest Dungeon | Guild Wars 2 | Elder Scrolls Online | Gigantic

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,932,144 Users Online:0
Games:767  Posts:6,344,107
Zenimax Online Studios | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/04/14)  | Pub:Bethesda Softworks
PVP:Yes | Distribution: | Retail Price:$59.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac Playstation 4 Xbox One | Out of date info? Let us know!

Elder Scrolls Online Forum » General Discussion » Anyone else looking forward to abusing justice system?

3 Pages « 1 2 3 » Search
52 posts found
  lahlaos

Novice Member

7/26/14 10:04:26 AM#21
I hear if you kill the bankers they freeze your assets for a few days and your credit rating is put in the red :p
  kb4blu

Hard Core Member

7/26/14 10:10:24 AM#22
Originally posted by Ehllfhire
Since there are only a limited  number npcs protected from murder (only quest givers and actual merchants), anyone looking forward to going into banks and other highly used non protected npc areas and commiting mass murder? I cant wait to and then own whatever bounty hunter comes along on my VR 12 DK. Oh the tears will be delicious.

Seems to me you should be playing EVE.  Unless of course you are afraid of being the victim.

Deddmeat

Advanced Member

Not sure how I got K.A.E.S last PvP was CoD and UO lol

7/27/14 1:23:34 AM#23

I play EVE and they could put in something akin to the high sec for bankers, gives them some well 'ard n tough bastards to help protect the banker npc and kick the living day lights out of pvp grieving nuts.

In pvp areas let the players decide on how protected the npc is, give them a basic protection detail and players can contribute towards upgrading that bankers protection for that month from their own coin purses.

Or they can leave it at base protection meaning pvp people get a better shot at killing the banker

karat76

Apprentice Member

Greatest threat to society is letting casualties of puberty reproduce.

7/27/14 1:29:19 AM#24
Bankers should be immune . If anything I wish it was possible to perma ban the OP's account ESO right now. This kind of attitude and behavior proves my point my people are violent animals with few redeemable qualities. The internet and the riots after sporting events are just examples.
  Kyleran

Bitter Vet™

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

7/27/14 1:53:27 AM#25
Can't quite understand the mentality of someone who enjoys doing something just to make others miserable.

Must have gotten dropped on their heads or something as children.

Arrogant, Condescending, Dismissive, Elitist, "Meany", you speak as if these are bad things?
Still currently playing EVE, and only EVE!!!
"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

MsPtibiscuit

Novice Member

7/27/14 3:31:51 AM#26

You really think NPCs Justice System won't be phased ? When you will kill somebody, he will only be killed for you

You realize ESO is a game mainly for casuals, developpers won't let players have interactions with other players, this would not match the core philosophy of ESO.

kabitoshin

Novice Member

7/27/14 3:53:52 AM#27
I haven't seen much on the justice system but all I seen was him stealing common goods that you could get before, and all they did was make him pay a small amount of gold. I kinda hope some npc's have special loot that you can loot, and that they throw you in jail when caught.
  mmogamerlover

Novice Member

7/27/14 5:57:49 AM#28

OP is just trying to stir things up. 

I cant really say this is a hate thead but OP seems kinda.....well it almost seems like something someone who wants to make a game worse for others would say.

Good luck OP. I  cant wait to be a guard and kick your ass.

Iselin

The Listener

7/27/14 12:19:06 PM#29
Originally posted by Kyleran
Can't quite understand the mentality of someone who enjoys doing something just to make others miserable.

Which is exactly why I shudder every time I read something promoting more "freedom" or "player-driven" features in MMOs... exploitable shit will get exploited... griefers will grief... trolls will troll.

There is a small but significant group of MMO players who get their jollies out screwing up other player's enjoyment every chance they get... and it's not a new thing: they've been there since UO and they exist in every game. 

I doubt that the system will get implemented in a way that makes the "hardcore" asshats happy.

movindude

Apprentice Member

7/27/14 12:31:37 PM#30

If you hit a banker and he has tons of health points, then you turn red and open game for all who is in the bank. That sounds fun for those in the bank. Also there will be at least 2 guards in the bank in each corner to add to the fun like most games. Good luck with that.

Bahz

Novice Member

7/27/14 12:49:03 PM#31

Hopefully they add xp for killing so we can grind to max level by trolling...

Scot

Elite Member

7/27/14 12:58:56 PM#32
Originally posted by Bahz

Hopefully they add xp for killing so we can grind to max level by trolling...

If we had TESO xp for trolling some posters on here would easily be Vet 12 y now. :)

PAL-18

Novice Member

7/27/14 1:02:04 PM#33

PvP guilds might find these abusers nice opponents but i bet there is no PvP guilds out there because atm there is no reason for them to play the game.

So, did ESO have a successful launch? Yes, yes it did.
By Ryan Getchell on April 02, 2014.
**On the radar:http://cyberpunk.net/**

MsPtibiscuit

Novice Member

7/27/14 1:05:45 PM#34
Originally posted by Iselin

Which is exactly why I shudder every time I read something promoting more "freedom" or "player-driven" features in MMOs... exploitable shit will get exploited... griefers will grief... trolls will troll.

There is a small but significant group of MMO players who get their jollies out screwing up other player's enjoyment every chance they get... and it's not a new thing: they've been there since UO and they exist in every game. 

I doubt that the system will get implemented in a way that makes the "hardcore" asshats happy. 

The goal of these kind of system is to provoke a reaction.

When somebody chainkill you or grief you, the expected reaction isn't to cry to the developpers or on the forum, the expectation reaction is to call for help or call your guild to make justice by yourself (Yes, giving players more freedom works both ways)

Maelwydd

Advanced Member

7/27/14 1:19:00 PM#35
Originally posted by MsPtibiscuit

When somebody chainkill you or grief you, the expected reaction isn't to cry to the developpers or on the forum, the expectation reaction is to call for help or call your guild to make justice by yourself (Yes, giving players more freedom works both ways)

Who is expecting the reaction?

It certainly isn't the developers otherwise they wouldn't get rid of these systems when they get abused.

It certainly isn't the people being abused by the system otherwise they wouldn't bring it to the attention of the developers to fix.

So that leaves those abusing the system and seeing as they show ZERO respect for either the developers or those they are abusing why the fuck should either the developers or the abused care?

That is why I have pretty much given up on open PvP in an MMO. I will stick to either PvP with balanced sides (such as WOT battlegrounds in MMO's) or games with heavy control and moderation (such as privately owned NWN servers).

You could design a great system but some douchebag will come along and ruin it for the rest of the participants. I am just getting too old to feel the need to put up with the douchebags any more.

MsPtibiscuit

Novice Member

7/27/14 1:32:12 PM#36
Originally posted by Maelwydd

Who is expecting the reaction?

It certainly isn't the developers otherwise they wouldn't get rid of these systems when they get abused.

It certainly isn't the people being abused by the system otherwise they wouldn't bring it to the attention of the developers to fix.

So that leaves those abusing the system and seeing as they show ZERO respect for either the developers or those they are abusing why the fuck should either the developers or the abused care?

That is why I have pretty much given up on open PvP in an MMO. I will stick to either PvP with balanced sides (such as WOT battlegrounds in MMO's) or games with heavy control and moderation (such as privately owned NWN servers).

You could design a great system but some douchebag will come along and ruin it for the rest of the participants. I am just getting too old to feel the need to put up with the douchebags any more.

Developpes got rid of those systems because a more casual crows became prominent in the MMORPG scene. Eve developpers (I take Eve as an example, since it is one of the biggest sandbox MMORPG atm) let those mechanics because they know that, while griefers and scammers exists, there are also people who group up and fight those griefers.

Griefers has the freedom to grief players, but players also has the freedom to fight back. This is the expected reaction in that kind of games.

Every gamer with a little experience know that frustration should be part of the game, because frustration is what make the reward sweeter (If you play Dark Souls 1/2, for example, it is the same principles).

Personnaly, I love open-PvP, because the best moment I had in MMORPG were because of griefers and chainkillers (and how I fought back, ofcourse)

Maelwydd

Advanced Member

7/27/14 1:47:55 PM#37

Developpes got rid of those systems because a more casual crows became prominent in the MMORPG scene. Eve developpers (I take Eve as an example, since it is one of the biggest sandbox MMORPG atm) let those mechanics because they know that, while griefers and scammers exists, there are also people who group up and fight those griefers.

And we all know what a cesspool EVE is so not a good endorsement of the 'let the griefers have their way' argument.

Griefers has the freedom to grief players, but players also has the freedom to fight back. This is the expected reaction in that kind of games.

LOL griefers, when met with an equal force run away and log out. they are cowards at heart and only abuse the system because in a fair fight they lose. They are sad individuals who fail to realise the damage they do simply through selfish behaviour.

Every gamer with a little experience know that frustration should be part of the game, because frustration is what make the reward sweeter (If you play Dark Souls 1/2, for example, it is the same principles).

I play games for fun. Not some ego boot or some challenge in life. Get a job, engage in a relationship, have a family....those are where it is important to have face your hardships, not using some pixilated alter ego.

Personnaly, I love open-PvP, because the best moment I had in MMORPG were because of griefers and chainkillers (and how I fought back, ofcourse)

Best PvP I have engaged in was in a heavy RP game with GM's and bans for griefers and chainkillers. Combat was dangerous and if you won you knew you had played well. If you lost it wasn't because of someone abusing the system or other players. Combat happened for a reason not because someone was 'red'. PvP today in MMO's is nothing more then brainless button mashing with little to no reason for it and little to no challenge for the griefer or victim. 

BailoPan15

Elite Member

7/27/14 2:04:03 PM#38

Idk, I played Lineage 2 for about 7 years. My best trick was to gather all the aggro mobs in an area and fake death on a bunch of farmers who flagged on my alt. They were dead within seconds and I was alive. Idk how do you fight back on that xD 

Also I was griefing other people this way just for the lulz of it and seeing how helpless they are. Yeah we've all been kids. My point here is that, your point is wrong. 

If you want to play a wolf, dance with the wolves, or get the fuck out. 

The best PvP I've had was in Star Wars: Jedi Academy (JA+ saber only) I still play this game to this day. Best star wars game to date. 

winter

Hard Core Member

7/27/14 2:09:50 PM#39
Originally posted by Distopia
Originally posted by Ehllfhire
I bet my pvp guilds would love to have a troll tuesday event or something where we zerg newb area bankers. Telling them to L2p if they want to bank.

I just want to take the time to say thanks. Thanks for showing exactly why we can never get real freedom in our games or their mechanics. As long as people think freedom is there so you can ruin another's experience for shits and giggles, we'll never get real sandbox mechanics, People need to learn there's a difference between "playing the bad guy" and "being the bad guy", too many fall into the latter thinking they're the former. 

People like to be asshats.

Iselin

The Listener

7/27/14 2:40:41 PM#40
Originally posted by Iselin

Yeah like I haven't heard the "call your friends, ain't it fun!" rationalization before. And that's all they are... rationalizations to try to cast annoying on-line behaviour in a good light.

Besides, individual PVP ganking isn't what we're talking about here. Killing bankers, quest givers and (in WOW for example) auctioneers is the MMO equivalent of trolling. All it does is prevent others from doing what they wanted to do so that someone who gets off on bothering people can have his fun.

I've also heard the "but I'm just RPing a bad guy" excuse and I don't buy that one either.

It's what makes open world sandboxes niche. The majority of developers don't want to waste time catering to those who think schadenfruede is just the coolest thing. Most people aren't like that and try to behave in a positive social way... that's a much bigger market than the sociopaths.

3 Pages « 1 2 3 » Search