Trending Games | World of Warcraft | Guild Wars 2 | Pirate101 | Elder Scrolls Online

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,900,834 Users Online:0
Games:754  Posts:6,270,580
Zenimax Online Studios | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/04/14)  | Pub:Bethesda Softworks
Distribution: | Retail Price:$59.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac Playstation 4 Xbox One | Out of date info? Let us know!

2 Pages 1 2 » Search
27 posts found
  dranael

Apprentice Member

OP  4/30/14 11:32:44 AM#1

I dont know why I just thought of this, but why cant they make a seperate server with open pvp.  Someone go post that on the main forums, i cant post there at work.

Ehllfhire

Novice Member

Playing the FFXIV 2.0 Demo

4/30/14 11:53:10 AM#2
Originally posted by dranael

I dont know why I just thought of this, but why cant they make a seperate server with open pvp.  Someone go post that on the main forums, i cant post there at work.

Why would they open yet another megaserver to close it in 2 months as it empties due to griefers?

Any graphical, audio, or gameplay restrictions not seen in other mmos but found in FFXIV can be blamed on one thing.
PS3

User Deleted
4/30/14 12:05:46 PM#3

Probably to not split the playerbase. They could also make a special pjased version of the world with no level, stat boosted mobs from level 1, and much more. The reasob companies don't simply create multiple servers/phases with crazy rules is because it's too costly and splits everyone up.

Also, there's already Cyrodiil which isn't real owpvp, but it's quite large in itself for pvp'ers.

Nanfoodle

Advanced Member

4/30/14 12:10:35 PM#4
Dont think the OP knows about the megaserver.
  ElElyon

Novice Member

Come play with us Danny......

4/30/14 12:12:34 PM#5

This is not possible, you never run into the other factions while questing. You only see them in Crydiil.

Unless you mean open pvp for your own faction, that seems silly though.

Ehllfhire

Novice Member

4/30/14 12:18:07 PM#6
Originally posted by ElElyon

This is not possible, you never run into the other factions while questing. You only see them in Crydiil.

He probably wants VR's to be able to gank level 10's

Any graphical, audio, or gameplay restrictions not seen in other mmos but found in FFXIV can be blamed on one thing.
PS3

User Deleted
4/30/14 12:27:50 PM#7
Originally posted by Ehllfhire

You know, they're just computer pixels. Unlike what you might believe, it can't actually hurt you. Trust me. I haven't heard of a anyone getting sick because their avatar got killed in a video game by another player.

Ehllfhire

Novice Member

4/30/14 12:33:39 PM#8
Originally posted by DEAD.line

You know, they're just computer pixels. Unlike what you might believe, it can't actually hurt you. Trust me. I haven't heard of a anyone getting sick because their avatar got killed in a video game by another player.

No they get sick of being unable to progress because someone gets their jollies on making someone elses life miserable.

PS3

Horusra

Hard Core Member

4/30/14 12:36:00 PM#9

No they get sick of being unable to progress because someone gets their jollies on making someone elses life miserable.

There is a reason why owpvp games have small communities with little investment cash.

User Deleted
4/30/14 1:35:44 PM#10

Hm, you also do know that if a pvp phase existed you wouldn't have to chose either, right? Also, if someone tries to pk, you can always, you know, fight back. You might find it hard to believe, but in pvp, other players actually die from atttacks too.

And if someone's really getting sick because they got killed in a video game by another player, i really advise not playing the game at all. Seriously.

Warjin

Hard Core Member

4/30/14 1:39:14 PM#11

Why would they open yet another megaserver to close it in 2 months as it empties due to griefers?

Same mega server just another phase within the mega server, let players pick when they want to enter this phase to quest or do what ever in the pvp phase.

It can be done but I don't see it happening, the days of  real MMO players are gone. 

Ehllfhire

Novice Member

4/30/14 1:46:46 PM#12
Originally posted by Warjin

Same mega server just another phase within the mega server, let players pick when they want to enter this phase to quest or do what ever in the pvp phase.

It can be done but I don't see it happening, the days of  real MMO players are gone. 

And secondly, how can there be open pvp? other factions cant get to you until Vet, so you guys want vets killing sub 50s and call that pvp?

PS3

Goldknyght

Novice Member

It''s one thing to have a opinion, but enforcing one is unconstitutional.

4/30/14 1:51:03 PM#13
Originally posted by Warjin

WTH you mean real MMO players are gone? Cuz I could care less about PVP? Im tryin to play a game an not deal with a added layer of douchery. been playing mmo's since 2000.

Muke

Elite Member

4/30/14 1:56:12 PM#14

You would be surprised how many players ruined their social lives, their educations and chances of a bright future just because of 'pixel wars'.  :)

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

Talemire

Apprentice Member

Jesus is Lord.

4/30/14 1:59:40 PM#15
I wish... A Tamriel-wide conflict and territory control would bring the game to the next level as far as purpose and intensity. Maybe future content will give us another world within the ES solar system that has world-wide PvP. That or maybe a special phase can be created within the megaserver that can be selected or de-selected based on the player's willingness to be a part of a special world-wide PvP ruleset. Just my 2 cents.

------------------------------
MMORPGs are great to look forward to after a hard day of work, but heaven is the ultimate reward for those who live Christ-like.

Lord.Bachus

Elite Member

I believe in life before death... So dont forget to enjoy it while you still can.

4/30/14 3:47:57 PM#16
If there is one game where this would not work, its this game, with the mega server technollogy and the phasing

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

dranael

Apprentice Member

OP  4/30/14 5:33:41 PM#17

hehe that is such a cute comment from a pve'er.  Obviously you could attack other players of your own faction, not to mention travel to all other zones to kill other factions. 

Man I am going to have to find a new game.  I am just not a pve'er at heart.  I can only quest for so long against AI controlled monsters that offer no challenge.  Playing with guys who are affraid to fight each other. 

dranael

Apprentice Member

OP  4/30/14 5:34:58 PM#18
Originally posted by Lord.Bachus
If there is one game where this would not work, its this game, with the mega server technollogy and the phasing

In your signature you listed DAoC as your best pvp experience?  Did you ever try Darkfall 1?  DAoC doesnt even come close.

Ehllfhire

Novice Member

4/30/14 5:48:18 PM#19
Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

In your signature you listed DAoC as your best pvp experience?  Did you ever try Darkfall 1?  DAoC doesnt even come close.

Why do you come to a PVE game expecting the devs to cater to a ganker?

PS3

carpal

Novice Member

4/30/14 5:54:58 PM#20
I love open PVP servers, but this game isn't built this way.  Can you imagine all the ganking while reading/listening to the endless quests?
2 Pages 1 2 » Search