Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,769,276 Users Online:0
Games:720  Posts:6,186,907
Zenimax Online Studios | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/04/14)  | Pub:Bethesda Softworks
Distribution: | Retail Price:$59.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac Playstation 4 Xbox One | Out of date info? Let us know!

Elder Scrolls Online Forum » General Discussion » Mistakenly banned again- Zenimax get your act together

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 » Search
68 posts found
  cheyane

Hard Core Member

4/29/14 6:50:13 PM#21
I think sometimes there are people out there that do this out of spite. You may have gotten to a chest before some other guy and he decides to just report you. They can say it was an error the number was wrong and such but seriously if it is for chat they should have a better method like a time stamp screenshot or chat log accompanying the report so the person banning can see the offending remark.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

LuthorX

Advanced Member

4/29/14 6:57:17 PM#22
This game is starting to remind me of the Danny Bonaduce show... train wreck in real time!

Death comes for us all!

fyerwall

Advanced Member

4/29/14 7:52:21 PM#23
Originally posted by cheyane
I think sometimes there are people out there that do this out of spite. You may have gotten to a chest before some other guy and he decides to just report you. They can say it was an error the number was wrong and such but seriously if it is for chat they should have a better method like a time stamp screenshot or chat log accompanying the report so the person banning can see the offending remark.

BS! Nobody reports people out of spite! I think you are just making stuff up now.... 

And your avatar offends me.

/Reported

But yeah, I agree. I have seen people get reported in other games for no other reason than the other player being in a pissy mood. The 10 minute late Enchanter in EQ and my favorite, the "WTF?! I was camping him for several hours and you f@#&ers killed him when he spawned because I was afk and you had no idea I was camping him..." Bureaucrat in AO.

Nothing like being reported for griefing because you killed the Albino Rhino and didn't know the Crat (who was AFK hovering in his Yalm for 20 minutes after you had arrived and 5 minutes after the mob died) was camping said mob. The Ark who showed up was pretty confused as well...

There are 3 types of people in the world.
1.) Those who make things happen
2.) Those who watch things happen
3.) And those who wonder "What the %#*& just happened?!"

Crazy_Stick

Novice Member

4/29/14 9:19:10 PM#24
Originally posted by Ehllfhire
Ive gotten a 72 hour ban for according to the CS rep Sergio I contacted for: Excessive cussing in game. I never type in chat so I called them up when I found their number. He told me he was escalating this for review and what had likely happened is one of the gms or someone who works data entry entered the wrong character user ID number.  Zenimax, you need to get your act together this is the second time Ive accidentally been banned. You need to put in failsafes, like having a manager doublecheck all outgoing bans. The CS rep was pleasant and gave me the number for billing to get compensated for lost time due to these mistakes when I get unbanned, although it may take up to 24 hours he said.

They didn't need to see your chat. They read your mind. You been banned by the thought police bro.

psiic

Advanced Member

4/29/14 9:22:18 PM#25

LOL they got me too, apparently I made a comment that was right up against a gold spammer comment and the GM clicked the wrong name. 

LOL funny thing is they know they got the wrong person admit it and told me they are working on restoring my access. 

I mean seriously how long does it take to just life a mistaken ban.

Knotwood

Apprentice Member

4/30/14 12:12:07 AM#26
Originally posted by Pyatra
Data entry?  No, someone's reporting you dude.  Whether legit or not someone is reporting you regardless if you are cussing or not.  You make any enemies of trolls in game?

I can tell you exactly what happened,  Ive invited over 1500 members to all 5 of my guilds and I know how easy it is to type in the wrong name to invite someone.   When someone hit F1 to report you, they typed in your name, but someone who used a name almost identical to yours was the real culprit here.   They do not offer an option to right click report someones name, so they allow the user reporting to make human errors when reporting people.    They should have a right click report person on the name of the person in chat....    But they don't, so shame on Zenimax for not having a fool proof way of offering users to report others.

Hedeon

Novice Member

4/30/14 12:45:52 AM#27

must say am unhappy with their account security, Ive just recieved a goldseller in my personal mail, for a game I aint playing, only had a beta account, so they have hacked my account.

so expect that alot others have had their accounts hacked as well - this is a first time for me.

Volkon

Novice Member

Facts do not require fiction for balance.

4/30/14 7:05:34 AM#28
Data entry?  No, someone's reporting you dude.  Whether legit or not someone is reporting you regardless if you are cussing or not.  You make any enemies of trolls in game?

That shouldn't be it. In GW2, if you're reported, they go through the chat logs to verify what was being actually said at the time. Now, if they're not reviewing the chat logs (or don't keep them) then that's a whole different issue, but I think it sounds like an error is the more likely cause here.

Oderint, dum metuant.

makasouleater69

Advanced Member

4/30/14 7:33:35 AM#29
Ive gotten a 72 hour ban for according to the CS rep Sergio I contacted for: Excessive cussing in game. I never type in chat so I called them up when I found their number. He told me he was escalating this for review and what had likely happened is one of the gms or someone who works data entry entered the wrong character user ID number.  Zenimax, you need to get your act together this is the second time Ive accidentally been banned. You need to put in failsafes, like having a manager doublecheck all outgoing bans. The CS rep was pleasant and gave me the number for billing to get compensated for lost time due to these mistakes when I get unbanned, although it may take up to 24 hours he said.

Lol i warned people repeatedly on here. Never report gold spammers, and never report any one for that matter. You will just get banned.

kitarad

Advanced Member

4/30/14 7:36:12 AM#30
They ban the person who reports the goldseller, really ? How stupid is that ?

makasouleater69

Advanced Member

4/30/14 7:36:13 AM#31
Originally posted by Volkon

That shouldn't be it. In GW2, if you're reported, they go through the chat logs to verify what was being actually said at the time. Now, if they're not reviewing the chat logs (or don't keep them) then that's a whole different issue, but I think it sounds like an error is the more likely cause here.

Well they certainly make alot of mistakes lol.

Your internet makes me jealous lol, very very very very very very very very very very very very very jealous.

Ehllfhire

Advanced Member

Playing the FFXIV 2.0 Demo

OP  4/30/14 11:06:42 AM#32
Im still waiting on that reply back in 24 hours I was supposed to get, they have 2-3 hours before I have to call them again :(

Any graphical, audio, or gameplay restrictions not seen in other mmos but found in FFXIV can be blamed on one thing.
PS3

dranael

Novice Member

4/30/14 11:28:43 AM#33

Well let me explain to you what he meant by data entry error.  Someone else was cussing and got reported.  When the report came in they said ban user XXXXXX, but they mistyped the XXXXXX number and OP got wrongfully banned instead.  Get it? data entry error.  Was that so hard to understand or am I the smartest man alive?

Kuinn

Advanced Member

4/30/14 11:43:37 AM#34
Why the heck are they even banning for cussing? They have profanity filter on, by default, and also if someone does not like a cussing person they can put him on their ignore list. Just sounds extremely unnecessary...
  Scot

Elite Member

4/30/14 11:45:23 AM#35
I don't think his first thread got the OP back in the game, but clearly doing a thread for this every time soothes his soul.
  Ehllfhire

Advanced Member

OP  4/30/14 11:47:56 AM#36
Originally posted by Scot
I don't think his first thread got the OP back in the game, but clearly doing a thread for this every time soothes his soul.

If you read the first thread (unrelated to this btw) to its conclusion you wouldn't make that statement.

Any graphical, audio, or gameplay restrictions not seen in other mmos but found in FFXIV can be blamed on one thing.
PS3

Kuinn

Advanced Member

4/30/14 11:48:46 AM#37
Originally posted by Crazy_Stick

They didn't need to see your chat. They read your mind. You been banned by the thought police bro.

It's minority report coming alive, they have precogs who know that you are going to cuss sometime soon so they'll ban you for a few days to get over that critical timeline to prevent the offence before it happens.

Ehllfhire

Advanced Member

OP  4/30/14 1:15:43 PM#38
Had to call again, Zenimax hadnt done anything in the last 24 hours like they said they would. Rather than escalate the ticket again they started a new one again ; ; this is utterly depressing that they dont work on restoring their customers access that they mistakenly took fast if at all.

PS3

Ehllfhire

Advanced Member

OP  5/01/14 10:15:28 AM#39
On the phone now 3rd day into the ban because I got ANOTHER 3 day ban this morning for cussing on the forums that I cannot even access. I feel like crying. How the hell does that happen?

PS3

Gremriel

Novice Member

5/01/14 10:45:42 AM#40
On the phone now 3rd day into the ban because I got ANOTHER 3 day ban this morning for cussing on the forums that I cannot even access. I feel like crying. How the hell does that happen?

Seriously, ban them back  . Just cancel your subscription.

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 » Search