Trending Games | ArcheAge | Guild Wars 2 | WildStar | Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,786,574 Users Online:0
Games:723  Posts:6,193,189
Zenimax Online Studios | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/04/14)  | Pub:Bethesda Softworks
Distribution: | Retail Price:$59.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac Playstation 4 Xbox One | Out of date info? Let us know!

Elder Scrolls Online Forum » General Discussion » My impression based on the "Good and Bad" article

2 posts found
  Karble

Hard Core Member

I play therefor I am

OP  2/07/14 3:23:17 PM#1

I have been a fan of Elder Scrolls since the first Elder Scrolls game on PC. The abilities the later games gave and the stories and off the beaten path exploration was excellent.

The game sounds epic and looks like alot of fun.

For me there is only one problem though.

In WoW Wrath of the Lich King and some other games, the heavy use of phasing meant that people could spoil storyline by blurting out what they see, and worse yet....you can't join them to assist in completion of the story progression or  visa sersa.

The whole concept of MMO's for me is to have a community in a game to help eachother accomplish things and group up. If I have to pay an up front cost and then a monthly fee.....(which I have done in many games over the years), I don't want to be told I can't group with friends for a good chunk of the main storyline.

Maybe they will change the ability to join in a previously completed story phase for friends or guild. If they do then they will probably get my subscription. Crossing my fingers for this.

MikeB

MMORPG.com Community Manager

2/07/14 5:24:10 PM#2
This could have been posted in the comments of the article. :)

Michael "MikeB" Bitton
Community Manager
Twitter: @eMikeB