Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,856,427 Users Online:0
Games:740  Posts:6,239,852
Zenimax Online Studios | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/04/14)  | Pub:Bethesda Softworks
Distribution: | Retail Price:$59.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac Playstation 4 Xbox One | Out of date info? Let us know!

Elder Scrolls Online Forum » General Discussion » Mentoring or Down-leveling Available?

4 posts found
  Pigglesworth

Apprentice Member

OP  12/03/13 8:29:42 PM#1

Greetings…

Does anyone know if mentoring (like EQ2) or down-leveling (like GW2) will be in ESO? I have a wife and 5 kids. All of them play at different rates than I do. Usually, in order to play with them all, I have to have an alt character at each major tier. That gets extremely tedious.

So, I am hoping this game has a way for high level players to play with the low level players. I know there is upscaling for PVP, but I am more concerned with downscaling for PVE.

Any word on this?

@PigglesworthTWR on Twitter

Pigglesworth @ EQNForum.com, MMORPG.com, EQNextfans.com, ProjectNorrath.com, & EQNFanSite.com

Malcontent @ EQNexus.com & EQHammer.com

Holophonist

Hard Core Member

12/03/13 8:36:07 PM#2
Not sure but more games need to do this. 
  Lord.Bachus

Hard Core Member

I believe in life before death... So dont forget to enjoy it while you still can.

12/04/13 4:30:13 AM#3
Originally posted by Holophonist
Not sure but more games need to do this. 

Yes scaling is so important to allow people to play with their friends...

And if there is a lot of dynamic events going on in the open world, like in GW2 it is a must, because otherwise higher level characters would ruin all fun and challenge for the lower level characters..

if there is less dynamic content, like in many older mmos volluntary scaling like the mentoring in EQ2 or anything that resembles the effect, just adds so much to a game, espescially if the game grows older and players are all over the level range and mostly at max level.

the eso engine fully supports scaling, as they use the technollogy  for PvP...  But i highly doubt downleveling will be in at release.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

azarhal

Elite Member

12/04/13 8:33:51 AM#4

It has been mentioned a long time ago by Paul Sage in an interview.

If it makes it into the game at release is another story. Like Lord Bachus said, the engine support it because it is used (sort of) in Cyrodiil to bolster characters that aren't yet level 50 to keep the aspect competitive.