Trending Games | ArcheAge | Elder Scrolls Online | World of Warcraft | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,856,740 Users Online:0
Games:740  Posts:6,241,784
Zenimax Online Studios | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/04/14)  | Pub:Bethesda Softworks
Distribution: | Retail Price:$59.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac Playstation 4 Xbox One | Out of date info? Let us know!

Elder Scrolls Online Forum » General Discussion » 10 million Skyrim fans

6 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 Search
104 posts found
  Gardavsshade

Apprentice Member

10/25/13 10:26:57 AM#101

In regards to those who say it is too early to decide about TESO I have this to say...

I already know enough about TESO to know I am not interested in spending money and time on it. .... and the information I used during my decision making process is information publicly known that is NOT under the constraints of the NDA. For me this was enough. (I am not saying it won't be "good", I am just saying "not interested due to design". )

However many other Players will want more info... and IT IS available. Now add to the already released public info more specific  information that is not widely known but available from sources such as.... Players who are beta testers but are not allowed to discuss their participation but have played and not liked what they saw,... leaked info concerning TESO that has "a way of getting around" and is available if you know the right "whom" and "where" to inquire, Beta Testers conferring "offline" between themselves, and etc., etc., and there you have it. Enough information for many People to decide already whether they are going to look forward to this new MMO or move on. NDA or no NDA there are a thousand ways any MMO beta info can and will be acquired by those who wish to do so.

It is not unreasonable that some Players have already made their decision concerning this MMO in a mature and thoughtful manner. This is a good thing, a positive, as Players like me that would not be happy with the game will not purchase and play and then complain they don't like it.

Nothing to see here... just another MMO Ghost....

HoiPoloi

Hard Core Member

10/25/13 12:03:53 PM#102
Originally posted by deakon
Originally posted by Sleepyfish
Originally posted by Lord.Bachus
Originally posted by Lpchaos

Let me set this straight. I am a HUGE skyrim fan. But I hate what this mess is.

I'd take Skyrim + 4 player join in co-op over this garbage anyday.

You obviously have no idea what you are writing about....  Calling an unfinished under NDA product garbish? sounds like you made your mind up not even knowing 10% of the facts, which in the world of grown ups makes you sound like a....

Are we pretending that there has been no information on the game at all and that know one knows its essentially a GW2 clone? If they are trying to hype and market this game now then its up to them to put the game in a positive light. If they have already tried to do so and it Still gets negative responses as is the case, then it stands to reason they probably made the wrong development decision.

In what way is it a gw2 clone? They share hardly any mechanics what so ever, the only thing they share is 3 faction pvp, which was pioneered by DAoC, and guess what game the lead designer of teso is famous for?

The only possible way you could say it is a GW2 clone, is that they both employ small hotbar, action combat.

The similarity ends there though.  In my opinion, ESO's action combat will be far deeper than GW2's, for three main reasons:

1) Stamina/Mana Management.  In GW2, you only have 1 resource to conserve, and that is Endurance for the Dodge mechanic, and you can basically use it twice over ten seconds.  In ESO, most skills use Stamina or Mana, so managing it effectively is going to be incredibly strategic.

2) Open-ended skill system.  Though it has some limitations, ESO's allows you far more customization of your class and skills.  GW2's trait system really locks you into certain builds.  The meta in WvW at least seems to change very slowly.

3) Trinity.  Opinions may differ, but a Trinity system allows for far better combat encounters in PvE (that don't rely on gimmicks).  It will give more depth to PvP as well.  (Though at high levels in GW2, organized WvW guilds can create a bastardized form of the Trinity).

Thrumdi of the TTC

Lord.Bachus

Hard Core Member

I believe in life before death... So dont forget to enjoy it while you still can.

OP  10/25/13 2:03:46 PM#103
Originally posted by HoiPoloi

You obviously have no idea what you are writing about....  Calling an unfinished under NDA product garbish? sounds like you made your mind up not even knowing 10% of the facts, which in the world of grown ups makes you sound like a....

Are we pretending that there has been no information on the game at all and that know one knows its essentially a GW2 clone? If they are trying to hype and market this game now then its up to them to put the game in a positive light. If they have already tried to do so and it Still gets negative responses as is the case, then it stands to reason they probably made the wrong development decision.

In what way is it a gw2 clone? They share hardly any mechanics what so ever, the only thing they share is 3 faction pvp, which was pioneered by DAoC, and guess what game the lead designer of teso is famous for?

The only possible way you could say it is a GW2 clone, is that they both employ small hotbar, action combat.

The similarity ends there though.  In my opinion, ESO's action combat will be far deeper than GW2's, for three main reasons:

1) Stamina/Mana Management.  In GW2, you only have 1 resource to conserve, and that is Endurance for the Dodge mechanic, and you can basically use it twice over ten seconds.  In ESO, most skills use Stamina or Mana, so managing it effectively is going to be incredibly strategic.

2) Open-ended skill system.  Though it has some limitations, ESO's allows you far more customization of your class and skills.  GW2's trait system really locks you into certain builds.  The meta in WvW at least seems to change very slowly.

3) Trinity.  Opinions may differ, but a Trinity system allows for far better combat encounters in PvE (that don't rely on gimmicks).  It will give more depth to PvP as well.  (Though at high levels in GW2, organized WvW guilds can create a bastardized form of the Trinity).

People thinking this is a Gw2 clone are so far from the truth, sure the targetting system and the weaponswitching seem quite simmilar.... But thats about it ...  Combat will feel so different indeed, with the trinity system, dual resources, no cooldowns on skills...and also the world and content will not be anything  like GW2,  

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Sleepyfish

Hard Core Member

10/26/13 12:31:50 AM#104
Originally posted by HoiPoloi

People thinking this is a Gw2 clone are so far from the truth, sure the targetting system and the weaponswitching seem quite simmilar.... But thats about it ...  Combat will feel so different indeed, with the trinity system, dual resources, no cooldowns on skills...and also the world and content will not be anything  like GW2,  

It's a DAOC clone much like GW2 as well as having no world pvp and a centralized RvR area. There is hardly any CDs on GW2 skills in the first place besides the special ability and heal skill the waiting time on the rest is a few seconds at best the only ones that are really slow grant perma passive abilities but those are rare set ups. From what I have seen so far it looks much like the same AOE spam nonsense with limited skill options on a console style easy to understand combat system that will utilize less than 6 hotkeys on  your keyboard or PS2 controller.It also looks to have the same watered down PVE. I have yet to see or hear anything on any dev statement to make me think otherwise just a few people telling me that because the fluff is different than it must be definition be better, which is the same thing I used to hear during SWTORs release. 

6 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 Search