Trending Games | World of Warcraft | ArcheAge | Elder Scrolls Online | Star Wars: The Old Republic

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,923,363 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,316,045
Zenimax Online Studios | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/04/14)  | Pub:Bethesda Softworks
Distribution: | Retail Price:$59.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac Playstation 4 Xbox One | Out of date info? Let us know!

Elder Scrolls Online Forum » General Discussion » Character Creation Video

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search
49 posts found
  baphamet

Advanced Member

10/24/13 11:20:43 AM#41

Originally posted by SavageHorizon

Originally posted by keithian

Originally posted by yllis That was a parade of ugly ugly characters with a side of ugg added. I Hope when they finish the game the characters don't look like that.
I hope they continue on the current path and ignore that kind of feedback.
I hope they don't listen to the "everything's fine crew"  they are the people killing mmo's today. As for the character creation, i didn't think it was bad at all.

I play a Khajiit in all my TES games but i think the Khajiits in TESO need more fine tuning. I like my Khajiit characters to look more alien rather than some of the Kerra out of EQ2.

as opposed to the "everything sucks because the game wasn't made just for me crew"?

i think they have shown they do listen to feedback considering they have changed things based on that feedback.

however, it still might not necessarily be things that you, me, or other people personally want in the game.

as far as the models go, i also hope they get fine tuned before launch. but for my taste they are easily the best models i have seen in mmo development right now.

if you like dark and gritty graphics in your mmo's, this is it right here......at least IMO

General-Zod

Hard Core Member

Kneel.

10/24/13 12:01:57 PM#42
Originally posted by Sovrath
Originally posted by UWNVME
Originally posted by Jyiiga
Originally posted by DMKano
Originally posted by Deathstrike2

HOLE E CRAP.  That was impressive.  This is the game I'm most looking forward to.  Can't wait to give it a shot!

Really? I guess people's expectations are pretty low - to me looks like a 7 year old character creator.

There are more options there, but I like the way ESO looks better.

Honestly, I've always felt having too many options in character creation is a hassle more than anything else. Do I really need a whole section of sliders just to customize the length and width of a character's eyelashes? I sure as heck don't think so.

I've never seen a game that had extensive character customization that didn't also include a variety of "stock" faces.

It really is a non-issue for players who don't want to tweak.

Im with Sovrath...

I spend atleast an hour creating the look I want for my character and then the naming process takes just as long. Its an important part of the game for me and its how I take stock & pride in my character.

Seeing how the PvE content will inevitably come to an end the big factor for me will be meaningful PvP *crosses fingers*

UWNVME

Novice Member

10/26/13 2:58:23 PM#43
Originally posted by yllis
That was a parade of ugly ugly characters with a side of ugg added. I Hope when they finish the game the characters don't look like that.

I hope they don't listen to the "everything's fine crew"  they are the people killing mmo's today. As for the character creation, i didn't think it was bad at all.

I play a Khajiit in all my TES games but i think the Khajiits in TESO need more fine tuning. I like my Khajiit characters to look more alien rather than some of the Kerra out of EQ2.

I'm a Khajiit fan too, and I'm not sure what you're complaining about. They look the same as they do in Oblivion and Skyrim. Maybe not as much as in Skyrim, but that was because every race in Skyrim was more rugged-looking to fit the game's atmosphere.

drivendawn

Hard Core Member

10/26/13 3:17:47 PM#44

HOLE E CRAP.  That was impressive.  This is the game I'm most looking forward to.  Can't wait to give it a shot!

Really? I guess people's expectations are pretty low - to me looks like a 7 year old character creator.

I saw just about as much customization in that video as this one. The only thing that was better was being able to move scars and such. Although I am looking forward to AA more than ESO.

vzerov

Novice Member

10/26/13 4:50:00 PM#45

Ok so a game has good graphic and character customization then someone get pissed off with it.

AmbrosiaAmor

Novice Member

10/28/13 1:19:05 PM#46
Looks very good so far... needs more hairstyles though!

IridescentOrk

Novice Member

10/28/13 1:41:31 PM#47
Originally posted by AmbrosiaAmor
Looks very good so far... needs more hairstyles though!

^ this... hairstyles are always in demand

gameplay > graphics

Ice-Queen

Hard Core Member

"Always borrow money from a pessimist. They won't expect it back."

10/28/13 1:51:23 PM#48
Originally posted by yllis
That was a parade of ugly ugly characters with a side of ugg added. I Hope when they finish the game the characters don't look like that.

I agree, they listen to the wrong people in beta.

SWTOR beta that's the only people they listened to, and we see how that one turned out. If you mentioned the lifeless worlds, the lifeless cities, anything that wasn't praising them, you were ignored, ridiculed by Bioware loyal fans, or your posts were removed.

Ignoring testers that have legitimate problems with the game is bad.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
Dark Age of Camelot

User Deleted
10/28/13 2:08:39 PM#49

Each to their own, I found the ESO character creation far more impressive. Also what is up with the reflective hair in Korean MMOs? Its creepy. It looks like you put your head in a tub of vasoline.

Also glad that ESO didn't have any stupid options, the ranges for sliders and the colours available were all reasonable and wouldn't result in abominations like in Aion.

This video actually rekindled my interest to give this game a shot. My expectations still aren't massively high, but I do like a well designed character model.

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search