Trending Games | ArcheAge | World of Warcraft | Elder Scrolls Online | Star Wars: The Old Republic

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,923,323 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,315,941
Zenimax Online Studios | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/04/14)  | Pub:Bethesda Softworks
Distribution: | Retail Price:$59.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac Playstation 4 Xbox One | Out of date info? Let us know!

Elder Scrolls Online Forum » General Discussion » ESO, who else signed up on day one with no invite?

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 » Search
67 posts found
  Sovrath

Elite Member

10/20/13 2:16:32 PM#41
Originally posted by azmundai

8+ years of terribad releases resulting from idiot masses for testers has apparently taught the genre something.

Probably not.

If it were so we wouldn't be getting "leaked videos".

I suspect there are a lot of great beta testers (myself included) who are just not on the right list.

Heck, a workmate of mine has a friend who received beta invites and he was just in it to try the game. He tried it once, didn't submit any bugs or comments and then logged off never to log in again.

UWNVME

Novice Member

10/20/13 4:01:04 PM#42
Originally posted by Metanol
Signed up for Beta on day 1 with my whole gaming community, been playing TES series since Daggerfall, wrote a proper wall of text and all in the application and none of our folks have gotten invitations.

You know it's sad but true. The people who are most passionate about upcoming MMOs NEVER get beta invites. It's always the negative "meh mmos" crowd who hates the game before they even play it who end up getting into beta.

JWillCHS

Novice Member

I taste like chocolate.

10/20/13 9:31:33 PM#43
Originally posted by NightBandit

I did not even want to test TESO and never even bothered filling out the beta invite when they announced it. However after attending Gamescom at Koln and speaking to the developer directly and them seeing I had come from the UK to see their game they were impressed. So I got invited to the front of the queue two days on the trot by the same guy to try their game and once he saw I know what I was doing he asked me if I would like to be part of the beta test so I agreed and emailed him all my details and was added to the last three beta weekends. 

I was not even going to bother with the game due to all the negative hype, but now I'm glad I did as I've been very impressed thus far. Sure there are a few issues there but due to NDA I cannot say anymore and I'm sure many people like me who were not going to bother will once the feed-back start flowing when the game goes live. I personally feel they have a winner here and for a change I'm looking forward to this game sometime next year.

They will drop beta testers not testing like a rock so anyone whom applied with the idea of getting a free sneak preview will be disappointed for sure as you wont get a follow up weekend if you just riding the I want to see boat. Which makes a change as most games don't do this kind of testing and normally are fooled by many who get into early beta access.

Zenimax are fully in control here and will not rush what they are doing it's really refreshing what I've seen, so for people who are looking to help I would say hang in there and those who just want to see I would not even bother until it goes to open.

Bandit

Well, the NDA stats you can't even talk about being in the beta. xD

But . . .

You're 100% right. And I won't disagree with your statement.

I will say this. The lead gameplay designer Nick Konkle spilled some beans on a beta weekend event(*cough* Cyrodiil) while being interviewed by the ShoddyCast on their Youtube channel.

Source

ZOS is looking for people who are going to provide feedback consistently while playing the game. For someone submitting bugs, and suggestions regularly in their session is a good beta tester. But if you turned down an offer to stress test one evening, you probably missed your chance. :P

Tibbz

Novice Member

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in a group"

10/21/13 12:50:40 PM#44
Originally posted by UWNVME
Originally posted by Metanol
Signed up for Beta on day 1 with my whole gaming community, been playing TES series since Daggerfall, wrote a proper wall of text and all in the application and none of our folks have gotten invitations.

You know it's sad but true. The people who are most passionate about upcoming MMOs NEVER get beta invites. It's always the negative "meh mmos" crowd who hates the game before they even play it who end up getting into beta.

This is not true, but i would highly imagine that the "meh" crowd is just significantly more vocal and eager to break NDA.  The passionate players will not break the NDA.  

Ujirik

Novice Member

10/21/13 12:53:16 PM#45
I always sign up for beta tests immediately but rarely ever get accepted.  ;-;

Kreeture

Novice Member

10/26/13 6:52:33 PM#46
I too signed up on day 1 w/no invite. Also pre ordered MONTHS ago- still no code or any sign up on site to register would be code or any way to upgrade pre order to collectors....... sigh
  DAS1337

Apprentice Member

10/26/13 6:55:08 PM#47
Originally posted by Katilla
Just seeing how many people are frustrated/excited about the beta.... I signed up on day one with no invite yet, makes me a sad panda :(

I did, and several times since then.  Get over it.  They don't HAVE to invite you.

DAS1337

Apprentice Member

10/26/13 6:57:55 PM#48
Originally posted by Sovrath
Originally posted by azmundai

8+ years of terribad releases resulting from idiot masses for testers has apparently taught the genre something.

Probably not.

If it were so we wouldn't be getting "leaked videos".

I suspect there are a lot of great beta testers (myself included) who are just not on the right list.

Heck, a workmate of mine has a friend who received beta invites and he was just in it to try the game. He tried it once, didn't submit any bugs or comments and then logged off never to log in again.

My roommate received an invite as well.  He was working during the hours of a stress test that he was invited to participate in.  Unlucky I guess.

nerovipus32

Apprentice Member

10/26/13 7:04:38 PM#49
Lost interest about 6 months ago.
  jtcgs

Advanced Member

10/26/13 7:12:40 PM#50
Originally posted by Katilla
Just seeing how many people are frustrated/excited about the beta.... I signed up on day one with no invite yet, makes me a sad panda :(

Most people getting invites are for "beta weekends" and many do not get a second invite. So, odds are decent you would end up with a 25 gig download for 3 days of "testing".

Only some of us are in the full beta test, I would give you mine but that would not be cool in their eyes, so its just an account not being used. I payed them back with a ton of bug finds and don't feel as if I owe them anything anymore...actually feel like I should have been payed seeing as how bad the game is.

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

Isawa

Novice Member

10/26/13 7:17:02 PM#51
I think they were giving out monkeys to everyone in one of the more recent stress tests. So that's all you've missed. Hell, they may give out more monkeys in the future haha.
  Ventlus

Novice Member

10/26/13 11:12:20 PM#52
i got like a 3 hours stress test invite and as big as the client was, i was like yea no thanks lol
  SNAFUdamus

Apprentice Member

10/28/13 1:00:45 PM#53

I signed up on day one.

I got an invite to some weekend stress test that frankly I was too busy to bother with.

I hope it means I will be invited in the future sometime as I would like to give this a try before I waste money on yet another MMO that I get board with or beat the whole game before the free 30 days is up.

Husvik

Apprentice Member

Having fun who cares.

11/06/13 12:42:05 PM#54
First minute, first hour, first day, first month and again monthly after that  using different emails and my boy still has nothing. They are too afraid of the negative feedback they are going to receive.
  Therapyy

Novice Member

11/06/13 12:47:45 PM#55
More or less same here. On the other hand i cant remember last time i actually got into any closed beta at all. Might be never. bad mojo i guess.
  deakon

Novice Member

11/06/13 12:53:43 PM#56
Originally posted by Husvik
First minute, first hour, first day, first month and again monthly after that  using different emails and my boy still has nothing. They are too afraid of the negative feedback they are going to receive.

Don't be silly, they have had over 3 million beta sign ups (back in august), so even if you signed up over 3000 times you would still only have 0.1% chance of getting in

nerovipus32

Apprentice Member

11/06/13 12:56:42 PM#57
I doubt there is even a beta going on.
  crasset15

Apprentice Member

11/06/13 12:58:05 PM#58

This beta is yet another publicity stunt that gets people hyped up easily but serves little purpose to actually improve the game. Most of the stuff reported in betas doesn't get fixed or improved before launch.

Also, beta is a privilege, not a right.

My wild guess is that all the people who signed up are in the same pool, and get chosen randomly. It's like buying lottery on sunday, and expecting to have more chance to win than the people who bought it on thursday.

cronius77

Apprentice Member

11/06/13 1:04:24 PM#59
I signed up day one and never got a invite for any beta events . But in all honesty they can keep it I have zero interest in this game now as it seems to be just more of the same garbage releasing over the past few years. I have way more faith in indie devs these days then these idiots pushing out triple A mmo's as they are all boring repetitive garbage.
  Tibbz

Novice Member

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in a group"

11/07/13 9:05:07 AM#60

LMAO, this thread is getting better by the day. 

Zenimax is a big conspiracy, just out to make everyone angry.  This is proven because 95% of the people who singed up for bet did not get invited!  *sarcasm* 

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 » Search