Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,856,584 Users Online:0
Games:740  Posts:6,240,880
Zenimax Online Studios | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/04/14)  | Pub:Bethesda Softworks
Distribution: | Retail Price:$59.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac Playstation 4 Xbox One | Out of date info? Let us know!

Elder Scrolls Online Forum » General Discussion » [POLL] Should ESOs art style be more stylized and cartoony?

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search
51 posts found
  Miklosan

Novice Member

9/08/13 4:37:15 PM#41

I kind of like the Skyrim-ish look of Skyrim as in: http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2012/10/Elder-Scrolls-Online-Skyrim-bridge.jpg

And I hope there will be variations throughout the world of Tamriel. For example, I hope they'll get this concept art of Alik'r Desert to look good ingame: http://tamrielfoundry.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/alikr-desert.jpg

Speaking about graphics; I really wonder how the graphics will turn out to be on Ps4 compared to Ps3-Skyrim!?  Sure, the graphics needs to be toned down a bit due to massive multiplayer but on the other hand Ps4 is next gen....  Really curious how close the graphics will be.

B0reas

Novice Member

Never say don''t listen to what you say, it just doesn''t make sense.

9/08/13 7:20:17 PM#42
The graphics aren't fantastic when compared to Skyrim, but it's not really fair to compare the two when one is single-player and the other isn't and needs to account for potentially more happening on-screen. That being said I appreciate the devs maintaining a realistic look although it doesn't have the raw feel and grit of some of the other ES games, so I voted for more realism and grittiness. Unfortunately unless they remove the sub being mandatory I probably will play other games, and just look forward to TES VI.
  tanzer126

Novice Member

9/08/13 11:59:07 PM#43

Wow reached 11 million subscribers by catering to the lowest common moron.. a 5 year old can progress through the game and often do thanks in part to that "cartoony" look and lack of worthy parenting. WoW shouldn't be compared to anything more complex than pac-man.

When a game uses a "realistic" art platform, as it ages, it BECOMES stylized and is memorable as it's own style locked to that game

depending on the base platform, the future of the game can be revisualized  with higher definition models.. like a new paint job

DaoC redid it's graphics i believe 3-4 years after its vanilla release. and to this day i still enjoy its art style over some more modern games despite the somewhat blocky character models that the new coat of paint went on to

I've played the game and if they were to change the art style to be more "cartoony" i wouldn't ever give another thought to purchasing it, period. 

ctaylor99

Novice Member

9/09/13 12:12:50 AM#44
To the op, it is great that you want to state your opinion or find out others, but no matter how many of these post come up, and they come up a lot.  It will not change the game one bit.  It is coming out with art style that it has whether you like it or not.  
  dustyhayes

Novice Member

9/11/13 4:51:08 PM#45
I like TESO art style as it is =)
  Grixxitt

Novice Member

9/12/13 9:56:02 AM#46
Originally posted by ctaylor99
To the op, it is great that you want to state your opinion or find out others, but no matter how many of these post come up, and they come up a lot.  It will not change the game one bit.  It is coming out with art style that it has whether you like it or not.  

That's not necessarily true. Hell, since we're in the ESO forums let's looks at what happened to ESO at its reveal.

Players went apeshit. Actually apeshit is understating things, the gaming universe went absolutely batshit crazy when Paul Sage and the unknown PR guy from Zenimax started talking about things like tab target and WoW-like controls. 

Fast forward a few months and they have switched from emulating WoW to emulating Skyrim. Graphics are much more realistic than what they'd showed previously, hotbars are gone, no minimap, etc. It actually looks like Elder Scrolls.

The above is my personal opinion. Anyone displaying a view contrary to my opinion is obviously WRONG and should STHU. (neener neener)

-The MMO Forum Community

Grintch

Advanced Member

9/12/13 9:59:07 AM#47
I just want more color in the game, it's too dreary looking for me with just different shades of gray.
  User Deleted
9/12/13 10:00:46 AM#48

It's an Elder Scrolls game. Of course it should look like an Elder Scrolls game. If the IP is harsh and realistic, the MMO should be too. 

What's with people assuming that every game has to look the same? 

mithrillion

Advanced Member

9/25/13 8:51:58 AM#49
No. Just allow ENB and player made textures.
  plasmaballs

Novice Member

10/03/13 4:29:03 PM#50
I understand that MMO's have crap graphics so that they don't lag as much, but I'd rather have ESO limited to 4 player co-op than lose the skyrim quality graphics.
  Elikal

Spotlight Poster

“No path is darker then when your eyes are shut.” -Flemeth

10/03/13 6:38:11 PM#51
Not cartoony, no. More lush, more vibrant colours. I want a really good saturation slider. ;)

A forum is a place where people can discuss about different opinions. So what I don't get is, how people react offended when they come to a forum and then find... well different opinions. If a different opinion offends you, what are you even doing here?

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search