Trending Games | Pirate101 | ArcheAge | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn | Wasteland 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,859,200 Users Online:0
Games:742  Posts:6,244,315
Zenimax Online Studios | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/04/14)  | Pub:Bethesda Softworks
Distribution: | Retail Price:$59.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac Playstation 4 Xbox One | Out of date info? Let us know!

Elder Scrolls Online Forum » General Discussion » Pax Interview with Maria Aliprando from MMORPG-Life

4 posts found
  artemisentr4

Elite Member

OP  9/01/13 11:32:51 AM#1

Some good questions and info I haven't seen yet. More info on mounts, 50+ info plus best gear options and no PvP gear info, soul gems, amount of players on the screen at the same time, stability. Some good stuff.

http://teso.mmorpg-life.com/eso-interview-with-maria-aliprando/

“How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder, without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better, and not the world about them?”
R.A.Salvatore

Iselin

The Listener

9/01/13 3:47:04 PM#2

That's actually one of the better interviews I've read.

They should have Maria doing all of their interviews. She is very clear with her answers without the extra Paul Sage hype or Matt Firor mixed message confusion.

Scalpless

Hard Core Member

9/01/13 3:56:18 PM#3
The taunting mechanics sound nice compared to more traditional tanking and the book-related ideas are interesting, too. It's starting to sound more like a TES game, although the basic structure is still very unlike TES.
  artemisentr4

Elite Member

OP  9/01/13 5:28:04 PM#4
Originally posted by Scalpless
The taunting mechanics sound nice compared to more traditional tanking and the book-related ideas are interesting, too. It's starting to sound more like a TES game, although the basic structure is still very unlike TES.

I did like the fact that just joining the Mage Guild didn't earn you all the spells. You have to explore, do dungeons and get drops to find spell books for more spells.

I also liked the 50+ and 50++ design. It sounds like you will have to group, at least for the 50++ content and not just go through the motions. I like the fact that the AvA, alliance war, crafting and master dungeons will all get you the same quality of gear. The more options the better for end game.

And these 2 made me happy as well:

Q: How many people have you managed to put in to one place, for example, before severely affecting performance of the gameplay? Can you do massive battles?
A: We have certainly had successful 100+ versus 100+ battles in Cyrodiil. Stress testing is more like, we hit our goals of what is the limit, and our limit is pretty high. It is a little bit different on different machines and different parts of countries.

Q: But on the server side it is working?
A: On the server side it is working. One of the issues we are working with right now, is when it gets to be the point where it’s more then we know that we can handle, like 3 000 people on screen at once. We are at the point where, we are optimizing for what do we cut out, what you will not see anymore, so that’s what the stress test is for. The Stress test now is failing where we want it to fail, and then we will start figuring out do we cut off the particles that you can see, do we take out distance, do we take out players over 200 meters, because you don’t care that guy 200 meters over there is doing. We are still figuring out what our optimizations is going to be when we hit those numbers. Our goal was 200 people on screen with full effects, full siege weaponry and full frames. That’s our target and we got that.

“How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder, without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better, and not the world about them?”
R.A.Salvatore