Trending Games | World of Warcraft | Elder Scrolls Online | Guild Wars 2 | EverQuest

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,905,724 Users Online:0
Games:757  Posts:6,296,198
Zenimax Online Studios | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/04/14)  | Pub:Bethesda Softworks
Distribution: | Retail Price:$59.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac Playstation 4 Xbox One | Out of date info? Let us know!

Elder Scrolls Online Forum » General Discussion » Not convinced this is going to be a good game

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 Search
74 posts found
  Mtibbs1989

Hard Core Member

7/05/13 5:42:05 PM#61
Originally posted by BrucyBonus
I will be trying this game, but I will be putting any connection to Skyrim out of my head first as that gives it an unfair target to hit.  

lol comparing this game to anything in the ES series would be unfair...

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.

Kuanshu

Novice Member

7/05/13 6:29:09 PM#62
Originally posted by azzamasin
Originally posted by Kuanshu
Originally posted by Ziegler
Originally posted by Kuanshu

Why even bother to post on this forum if your not interested in buying this game whatsoever?

I think this game is going to be almost as big of a wreck as SWTOR was. Maybe even bigger.

Kuanshu...your post is full of assumptions that nobody knows for sure yet. Dont ever make the mistake of believing anything a "developer" says or a game reviewer either for that matter.

I hope it turns out great, but we already know, the combat is different, it wasnt designed with first person view, but instead a OTS camera, hotbars, and tab targetting. That....is not an Elder Scrolls game as most people perceive them.

But people are thinking this game is going to be Skyrim 2.0 ....exactly the way that people just knew that SWTOR was going to be KOTOR 3,4,5,6....partially because ...a developer said as much in an interview.

The parts of ES games that make them so unique and fun... will definately be lost in a large playerbase game translation.

So you rmaking assumptions out of my assumptions....isn't that a peach, LOL

Its been stated first and third person views will be a part of the game as will real time combat much like it is currently in Skyrim.

Glad im not a sci fi fantasy fan as I didn't play SWTOR. SOE sure had alot of hype for that game.

One mistake I don't make that I see all too often is posting on forums for a game I say I have no interest in buying or playing whatsoever. Can ya'll take a moment and consider what I just said. It makes absolutely no sense to come here with a bunch of negativity, being critical, skeptical, etc... if your not vested in any way whatsoever in how the game turns out as you have already made up your mind and repeatedly communicate how  your not interested in buying or playing the game.

Well my hopes is that enough negativity gets passed up the chain to the eyes and ears of the developers that they are forced to capitulate to growing negativity toward their game and change it for the better.  It worked for the First Person lovers, it worked for the Faction lock haters so why wont it work for the endgame enthusiasts?

That is my ultimate goal, to get the game turned into something that will keep me playing for longer then a few months and PvP is not the way to do it.  No matter how good it is.  While I applaud the developers for implementing the best PvP system in the game, the point remains, PvP is a niche in the genre and in order to build upon a lasting legacy strong social PvE elements need to be instilled.

If you honestly think some developer/game designer is going to take the time to read a thread or any replys that pretty much sum up they are not interesting in buying or playing the game after working 40 plus hours a week for a few years on developing the game you are so out of touch I don't know what else to tell you.

Be more constructive and creative with your threads and posts instead of instantly making judgements and accusations without everything on the table. The game is at least 9 months from being released. If anything I am going to hope they release something we all can enjoy and they can breathe a sigh of relief as all their hard work paid off...

superconducting

Advanced Member

7/05/13 9:12:02 PM#63

I just get this feeling every day that goes by this game will be "just another" MMO in a long line of "just another" MMO's.  I am really starting to get this whole SWTOR vibe with everything that is going on. 

The dev's have repeatedly commented on making it an Elder Scrolls game first and foremost but yet none of the truly TES style game design elements have been showcased. 

Your concerns are VALID. I have had the very same concerns since the beta gameplay video was first leaked; and I echoed your same thoughts in my previous thread (http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/383098)

I continue to believe that the only way this game will EVER really succeed is if it can stand on its own as a TES game. They really have to stay true to that vision of making an authentic Elder Scrolls game.

I will note that there have been hints they realized more needs to be done (after fan & beta feedback I presume)  -- things like including first person view, adding more lore books (mentioned on an e3 video), etc.

So I still have hope. We shall see how things turn out.

Brabbit1987

Novice Member

7/05/13 9:58:59 PM#64
Originally posted by Brabbit1987

Everyone keeps saying they will lose interest after 2 - 3 months. However, if I remember correctly, it takes over 200 hours to complete all the quests in a single faction, and then you can do quests for the other factions after level 40 I think. 

Now assuming you played 5 days a week you would need to play and only quest each of those days about 3 1/2 hours to complete with in 3 months. For a lot of you, I will most certainly say that is possible and probably fairly easy to achieve. 

If we start talking about completing the other 2 factions, then you are looking at having to quest 10 1/2 hours each day, 5 days a week. Or you can spread that out to a 9 month period and keep the 3 1/2 hours instead.

With this said, unless you get bored easily, I conclude if you some how exhaust everything in this game with in 3 months, you play to much lol.

In all honesty, if it is even remotely anything like Syyrim, I will enjoy it tons. I will probably even do a Let's Play of it.

That 200 hours is for people who suck at games.  I would not be surprised for someone like me this humber would fall down to 120 to 140 hours.  (the average WoW leveling spped to reach cap)  That means by my guesstimate, within 3 months I'll have hit the cap, done another factions zone or 2 and gotten bored of what little there is to accomplish past the norm.  2-3 months, the newness wears off and the only thing to keep you playing is the systems in place to support longevity and TESO has none of those.

Its basically another MMO with a twist.  That twist like GW2's Twist, like Rift's Twist and like SWTOR's twist is not good enough or in-depth enough to keep retention of their base, let alone grow it.

200 hours for people who suck at games? Ummm Are you ... never mind.

That is an assumption first and foremost. Actually just about everything you say is. It's almost like you WANT to hate the game and WANT something to be wrong with it just so you can complain about it.

You need to stop and think for a second. Is it possible for them to please you? Is it possible they will be able to make the game exactly what you want?

The answer to those 2 questions is .... NO. You will always find something you do not like. Those things you do not like doesn't mean everyone else agrees. That means, the only hope you have of getting them to change these things is if people actually agree with you. In which case, I don't really see many people agreeing. Well, at least not enough people agreeing that is. A company can't just cater to each individual. If you somehow get passed all those quests in 3 months, you can't act like they did something wrong because that is an individuals problem. Also you getting bored is also an individuals problem, not everyone will share these same experiences, so you can't actually consider it a problem with the game itself.

If you and the lot of the fans complain, you have a case. If it's you and only a few fans, your case just doesn't matter. That means constantly spouting out why you hate this game or how it will suck, isn't going to solve anything. It only makes you look ... umm ... bad for lack of a better word.

Not to mention, your negative comments are on the wrong forum entirely. If you wanted Zenimax to see your comments, I suggest you go to ... the actual forum they might look at. Again, complaining here only makes you look bad as it doesn't do a darn thing at all besides ... well ... nothing.

TLDR : Your comments really don't make any sense. It is all assumptions and complaints that only exist with in yourself. Meaning they may not carry on to the next individual. What matters is not your opinion, but EVERYONES opinion as a whole. That means if your opinion isn't the same as the 100,000+ or - other fans, your words really are useless. You are a minority and your complaining is only irritating those who do not agree. If that was your goal, good job on trolling.

nodvia

Novice Member

7/06/13 1:28:41 AM#65

This is a forum for discussing a game. It's sad to see people getting upset because other people don't hold the same opinion they do about the game. This mainly goes to the person directly above me, but I guess drones gotta drone.

Brabbit1987

Novice Member

7/06/13 1:43:58 AM#66
Originally posted by nodvia

This is a forum for discussing a game. It's sad to see people getting upset because other people don't hold the same opinion they do about the game. This mainly goes to the person directly above me, but I guess drones gotta drone.

Upset? Who said I was upset? Just as you said, these are forums for discussing and that is exactly what I am doing. XD Just because i disagree with someone, does not mean I am upset lol.

I was just simply, explaining why I think all the negativity, before the game is released, is rather pointless here. He also suggested that he hopes if he makes enough noise the devs will do something about it, but last i checked, these forums are not Zenimax.

Now if you want me to get upset, I can get upset at you for your very uninsightful comment. Course I wouldn't, I don't get upset about stupid things like that.

Gatlan

Advanced Member

7/06/13 1:51:20 AM#67
One thing this game has going for it is the reverse hype.  Many people don't think it will amount to much which is opposite of many games that come out where people expect it to be everything they want.  I imagine just like the games that don't live up to their hype, this one might exceed its anti-hype if that makes any sense.
  Kuanshu

Novice Member

7/06/13 12:39:01 PM#68

Whoever implied Tamriel was going to be shrunk down for ESO obviously has no idea and doesn't care to give credit where credit is due. How do you ass-u-me the previous ES games are going to be so much larger in scale to ESO when ESO is a MMO and the previous ES games were single player.

If Bathesda Game Studios and Zenimax Online Studios want  Elder Scrolls Online to be a successful MMORPG they have to deliver a massive world comprised of over 15 years of  the Elder Scrolls series which includes all of the lands, all of the NPCs/MOBs, nostalgia, complete lore, etc...as I am sure this is why they are instancing dungeons and utilizing a megaserver differently for PvE vs PvP for overall optimization and performance for everything they want to deliver...falling short of this in any way will end up with much regret for everyone involved.

http://tamrielfoundry.com/forums/

Really good forums to catch up on many topics as it these guys stay on top of things (understatement).

sumdumguy1

Hard Core Member

7/06/13 5:45:55 PM#69
Originally posted by nodvia

This is how problems get started, when you make an invalid claim that isn't true.  Perhaps you should ask next time rather than telling all of us how someone else feels when you don't know.

Raquis

Advanced Member

7/06/13 11:21:01 PM#70

all I can say is lets wait and see, anything different than the crap out their is

worth checking out.

I am glad that everybody is bored with the state of mmo games, the developers should take note.

ropenice

Apprentice Member

7/06/13 11:27:22 PM#71
Originally posted by keithian
Most worthless thread of the day. congrats. There is nothing to discuss here.

Funny how a thread with nothing to discuss is 7 pages long. Why not just let the people who want to to talk about this topic talk without your worthless addition to it.

Maquiame

Advanced Member

Power without perception is spiritually useless and of no true value

7/06/13 11:50:45 PM#72

I don't think this game is going to be that good sorry. I have ten times more faith in FFXIV, Wildstar and even EQN.

This game looks like shit, the animations are downright terrible, both ARR and GW2 look better in so many ways. They are twisting the lore (no jungle in Cyrodil, white Redguards, class names like Dragonknight- would a Bosmer Dragonkight make any sense lore wise? What about a Redguard Sorcerer or an Argonian Templar? , etc)  and the quest chains sound downright boring. I'm sorry but no. This game does not look good at all. It looks like they are trying to pull an ARR with all the backpeddaling (and long delay). I am not looking forward to this one at all... They really have to impress me and so far they have not. Hell I am more impressed by FFXIV:ARR and while it has nothing new or innovative its the best damn bowl of vanilla ice cream you will ever have and I am absolutely fine with that.

Lets be honest with ourselves here is there ONE thing, one that gets you excited about this game that you've seen in a video so far?

Oh and I am willing to take wagers that EQN, FFXIV:ARR and Wildstar will all get better reviews than this game. Every.....last....one of them. Hell I'm not even interested in Wildstar and I KNOW its going to be a better game overall.

Any mmo worth its salt should be like a good prostitute when it comes to its game world- One hell of a faker, and a damn good shaker!

keithian

Hard Core Member

7/07/13 3:24:27 AM#73
Originally posted by ropenice
Originally posted by keithian
Most worthless thread of the day. congrats. There is nothing to discuss here.

Funny how a thread with nothing to discuss is 7 pages long. Why not just let the people who want to to talk about this topic talk without your worthless addition to it.

Giving me a freaken break. You seriously judge the quality of a thread by how long it is? You think this is the first time someone posted similarities to TOR or that the thread is somehow unique because he wishes like the rest of us that we could see or play more of the details? You think the same posters have not already posted similar comments in the middle of other open threads? Wake up, they already have and this has already been discussed and we cannot help the OP with his opinion when none of us have tried it and its a year from release. I stand by my comments.

Whats funny about this thread is that the OP is willing to accept EQ Next as the next God of Gaming with just about NO gameplay whatsover shown at E3 and posts this "Considering the game got no news at E3 and it still managed to snag Best in Show from 2 reputable MMO sites says a lot to its innovation and revolutionary nature.", but with ESO which has shown a lot more he is complaining about the lack of ESO details. I think that tells a lot..he's not looking for convincing.

There Is Always Hope!

baphamet

Hard Core Member

7/07/13 4:54:59 PM#74

Originally posted by Maquiame
I don't think this game is going to be that good sorry. I have ten times more faith in FFXIV, Wildstar and even EQN.

This game looks like shit, the animations are downright terrible, both ARR and GW2 look better in so many ways. They are twisting the lore (no jungle in Cyrodil, white Redguards, class names like Dragonknight- would a Bosmer Dragonkight make any sense lore wise? What about a Redguard Sorcerer or an Argonian Templar? , etc)  and the quest chains sound downright boring. I'm sorry but no. This game does not look good at all. It looks like they are trying to pull an ARR with all the backpeddaling (and long delay). I am not looking forward to this one at all... They really have to impress me and so far they have not. Hell I am more impressed by FFXIV:ARR and while it has nothing new or innovative its the best damn bowl of vanilla ice cream you will ever have and I am absolutely fine with that.

Lets be honest with ourselves here is there ONE thing, one that gets you excited about this game that you've seen in a video so far?

Oh and I am willing to take wagers that EQN, FFXIV:ARR and Wildstar will all get better reviews than this game. Every.....last....one of them. Hell I'm not even interested in Wildstar and I KNOW its going to be a better game overall.

i wont be playing any of those other games you mentioned except EQN, people have different opinions and i definitely do not agree with yours.

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 Search