Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,642,533 Users Online:0
Games:681  Posts:6,076,439
Zenimax Online Studios | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/04/14)  | Pub:Bethesda Softworks
Distribution: | Retail Price:$59.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac Playstation 4 Xbox One | Out of date info? Let us know!

Elder Scrolls Online Forum » General Discussion » THIS NEW TESO news is going to shock you all, literally.

11 Pages First « 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Search
209 posts found
  dontadow

Advanced Member

7/02/13 11:30:12 PM#201
Voiceovers had nothing to do with swtor not catching on. It was that there was so much empty space in the beginning combined with lackluster gameplay. It's hard to play SWTOR and think of your favorite scenes in the movies because rarely in the movies is someone standing and taunting darth vader while another guy heals him and someone shoots from the shadows . 
  tank017

Novice Member

7/02/13 11:31:38 PM#202

Im more of a "meh"

than shocked.

Ghavrigg

Advanced Member

7/02/13 11:35:26 PM#203
This thread is still going? The OP is an obvious troll.
  Wizardry

Elite Member

Perhaps tomorrow will be better.

7/02/13 11:45:25 PM#204

What is wrong with voice overs,is this a sarcastic statement?

The only drawback to them is if you lose that voice,then that character has to leave the game or find another voice,then it sounds wrong.So keeping the identity of a character in game would be the only draw back.I love voice overs but i also like an accompanying cut scene,yes i just like any kind of added effort.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Napolianboo#p/u/15/rCYLLQCNc1w
Samoan Diamond

Broshi

Novice Member

8/01/13 9:38:13 PM#205
Originally posted by wordiz

Considering the last few games in the series, especially Skyrim, were voiced over...not a big surprise. And no, I was not literally shocked. That would hurt.

Edit: Honestly I'd be worried if I heard there weren't voice overs.

I'm with you. Fully voiced npcs has become an integral part of the ES games and imo does wonders for immersion into that world. They could use a more varied pool of voices for their characters but all in all the VO has always been a plus for me.

Alminie

Advanced Member

8/01/13 9:43:53 PM#206
Originally posted by archeageking

Get ready for those of you who is waiting on TESO, todays new info just literally shocked me like really really really shocked me.

Get ready, drum rolls please.............ITS ITS http://www.gamebreaker.tv/mmorpg/zenimax-gets-vocal-about-the-elder-scrolls-online/

Elder scrolls will have full voice overs, DEJA VU anyone ?? ANYONE? someone didnt learn a lesson from swtor, its  a sad sa  sad sad news. i know you all must be shocked and disbelived right about now....

me too.

im sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Full voice overs was not the fall of SWTOR, your point is invalid.

the fall of SWTOR was not the story telling ether.

but it was the lack luster combat, skills, and content outside of the main story.

treating SWTOR as a single player game it's a good game, as a mmo is fails is so many ways.

Icewhite

Made History

Pink, it's like red but not quite.

8/01/13 10:17:46 PM#207
#&%$%!! necros

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

gigat

Advanced Member

8/01/13 10:27:48 PM#208
Originally posted by Quizzical
The problem is not too many voiceovers (unless you can't turn them off); the problem is too little of something else that, unlike voiceovers, actually matters.

Agree 100%. Story is good, but don't sacrifice gameplay and features for it.  If I want to be immersed in a story, I'll read a book or watch a movie. I play video games for fun and challenging gameplay.

Amana

MMORPG.COM Staff

8/02/13 9:44:19 AM#209
I know the thread was posted in in July, but it was started six months ago. Starting a new one to discuss this topic would be best.

To give feedback on moderation, contact community@mmorpg.com

11 Pages First « 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Search