Trending Games | ArcheAge | WildStar | Landmark | Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,851,237 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,224,904
Zenimax Online Studios | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/04/14)  | Pub:Bethesda Softworks
Distribution: | Retail Price:$59.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac Playstation 4 Xbox One | Out of date info? Let us know!

Elder Scrolls Online Forum » General Discussion » Poll: If ESO costs $15/month, will you play it?

18 Pages First « 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » Last Search
344 posts found
  ReeseFlamelocks

Novice Member

4/29/13 9:53:17 AM#141

MMO's, gameplay-wise, are always best when they are fresh. Everyone is still trying to figure stuff out and everything is still novel so no one is boringly facerolling content just to rush through it. Of course bugs and other typical issues after a release are a negative, but unless the launch is just terrible, it usually isn't that big of a deal.

I will buy the game purely because it's TES online, even though I expect nothing about it to play like the single-player game. As an MMO it must inherently be a different game. I have been playing TES since Arena back in 1994 when I was 13 years old, so of course I'll buy the MMO version right off the bat.

Played: UO, DAoC, Shadowbane, DDO, LOTRO, Aion, Rift, TERA
Sampled: WoW, AoC, GW2, Vanguard, FF XIV, Neverwinter
Playing: ESO

shalissar

Apprentice Member

4/29/13 9:58:25 AM#142

As much as it has irked me to throw down box price/sub and then watched as my money was ushered away by a gale of disappointment, I still prefer the subscription model for the very simple reason that I enjoy inventory space. The day I pay 5-10 euros for one bag on one character is the day I wrestle with a tiger shark in a massive vat of pork fat and dead mimes.

In my ideal world there would be trials and/or freemium options from the get-go, I have found that I simply cannot trust the majority of reviewers. Sometimes the reviews are accurate but they don't touch on the nuances of what would make the game enjoyable to me, like a well-greased and optimized game engine that doesn't require God's CPU to run in certain important circumstances. (*cough* GW2)

Neherun

Advanced Member

5/01/13 5:43:06 AM#143

"No - I will wait until it goes F2P - 30.8%"

As if.

Hrotha

Novice Member

5/01/13 5:45:02 AM#144
Originally posted by boxsnd
Assuming the professional reviews on release day are great

These results are shocking to be honest. 38% of the potential playerbase has not learned a thing...

congratulations in leading the economy Not away from pre-orders.

Caldrin

Hard Core Member

5/01/13 5:49:10 AM#145

I clicked show results..

If the game is good i would have no issues at all paying monthly for it.. if its not very good it will go f2p and wont be worth playing anyway..

My 3D models
http://dragon3d.webs.com/

LordSneerg

Novice Member

5/01/13 4:19:18 PM#146
Yes yes and yes
  meddyck

Advanced Member

5/03/13 11:06:10 AM#147
Now that CU has funded, I've realized I don't have much interest in subbing to yet another PvE MMO with a mediocre RvR system tacked on which in all likelihood I will cancel 2-3 months after release. TESO will need either to be B2P or the AvA will need to completely blow me away in beta to make me want to buy it.

Camelot Unchained Founder
DAOC [retired]: R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R5 Healer

Punk999

Novice Member

5/03/13 11:40:54 AM#148
Yes of course.

"Negaholics are people who become addicted to negativity and self-doubt, they find fault in most things and never seem to be satisfied."
^MMORPG.com

Kuppa

Novice Member

The problem with censorship is ********

5/03/13 11:42:00 AM#149
I will wait, the game has to be EXTREMELY good for me to pay a sub on it.

Rollermint

Apprentice Member

5/05/13 11:56:06 PM#150

Yes, yes I would.

I don't really get the "against sub" attitude, you end up spending more on little crap that doesnt last a day on a weekend or just hanging out with friends so 15 bucks for a month's gameplay and to sustain the continued development of a game that I like is very very reasonable imho.

I also don't mind B2P like GW2 however and the addition of cash shops as long as its not thrown into ur face every 5 minutes (minus P2W items).

hMJem

Apprentice Member

5/06/13 4:03:36 AM#151
Originally posted by meddyck
Now that CU has funded, I've realized I don't have much interest in subbing to yet another PvE MMO with a mediocre RvR system tacked on which in all likelihood I will cancel 2-3 months after release. TESO will need either to be B2P or the AvA will need to completely blow me away in beta to make me want to buy it.

What makes you think the game is going to come out soon if it just got funded? Couild be years for all you know.

Skip on Everquest Next and Elder Scrolls Online if you wish, I think you'd be missing out though.

Cromica

Advanced Member

5/06/13 4:06:52 AM#152
P2P,B2P,F2P or any other model have no effect on me, if the game is fun I will play it.
  Sk1ppeR

Advanced Member

5/06/13 4:19:46 AM#153
With a game of the rank of Gw2 requiring no subs I can show all other money hungry companies the middle finger. 
  meddyck

Advanced Member

5/06/13 9:37:42 AM#154
Originally posted by hMJem

What makes you think the game is going to come out soon if it just got funded? Couild be years for all you know.

Skip on Everquest Next and Elder Scrolls Online if you wish, I think you'd be missing out though.

I'm aware CU won't be out until December 2015 give or take a year. It's just that now that I know it will actually happen I don't feel much urge to spend 2-3 months and ~$75 finding out that TESO is another disappointing PvE/RvR hybrid MMO in the tradition of WAR and GW 2. If it exceeds expectations (based on reviews especially from other players who played DAOC or my own experiences in beta), I'll certainly reconsider and buy it.

EQ Next... not my type of MMO at all.

Camelot Unchained Founder
DAOC [retired]: R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R5 Healer

User Deleted
5/06/13 9:44:11 AM#155

Nope.  I'm done with sub-based games.  RIP.  I will buy a game.  I will buy an expansion.  But I will no longer pay a fee to play a game that I already bought.  You can keep paying them for nothing.  But I'm done with it.

Iselin

The Listener

5/06/13 10:00:49 AM#156
Originally posted by hMJem

I'm aware CU won't be out until December 2015 give or take a year. It's just that now that I know it will actually happen I don't feel much urge to spend 2-3 months and ~$75 finding out that TESO is another disappointing PvE/RvR hybrid MMO in the tradition of WAR and GW 2. If it exceeds expectations (based on reviews especially from other players who played DAOC or my own experiences in beta), I'll certainly reconsider and buy it.

EQ Next... not my type of MMO at all.

Do you know something about EQ Next that the rest of us don't? There are zero details about it but you already think it's not your type of MMO at all?

Vlacke

Advanced Member

5/06/13 10:08:55 AM#157

No, and it's not because i have something against subscription based model, it's a model i actually prefer.

I am simply not a fan of the idea that an Elder Scrolls game should be so heavy focused around PvP.

danwest58

Elite Member

5/06/13 10:12:19 AM#158
ESO will be a PVP centric game, I dont PVP so I am not even going to play this game.  I will say this game should start off as a P2P game.  
  udon

Hard Core Member

5/06/13 10:16:03 AM#159
Originally posted by danwest58
ESO will be a PVP centric game, I dont PVP so I am not even going to play this game.  I will say this game should start off as a P2P game.  

It will only be as PVP centric as your choose to make it just like GW2.  If you don't go into the PVP areas you never have to worry about it.

If your point is that without raiding or significant PVE gear progression will there be any point to PVE after CAP I agree that's a concern of mine as well.

JemAs666

Hard Core Member

5/06/13 10:21:33 AM#160
If this game is F2P or B2P, I will not be playing.  In fact any game that is not a subscription will not get any of my time or money.  The outrageous prices in Neverwinter pretty much solidified me not touching another F2P game ever.
18 Pages First « 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » Last Search