Trending Games | The Crew | Landmark | Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor | WildStar

  Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,850,720 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,224,080
Zenimax Online Studios | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/04/14)  | Pub:Bethesda Softworks
Distribution: | Retail Price:$59.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac Playstation 4 Xbox One | Out of date info? Let us know!

Elder Scrolls Online Forum » General Discussion » Are you able to talk about the beta after your beta weekend?

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
30 posts found
  donjuanagain

Novice Member

Joined: 3/16/11
Posts: 136

4/02/13 10:08:48 PM#21

  donjuanagain

Novice Member

Joined: 3/16/11
Posts: 136

4/02/13 10:10:15 PM#22
Originally posted by noncley
Originally posted by GreenHell
Originally posted by Iselin
No....but some will...somewhere. There are always leaks found in disreputable sites.

You are correct of course. I just don't know why in this day and age companies even bother. Information travels around the world so fast that you can not possibly stop it. Any kind of large beta event will have the same results. By even having a NDA it appears they are trying to hide something. Im not saying that they are but seriously why even bother with this charade.

I am deeply suspicious of companies that try to hide their games behind NDAs. Bioware tried to do this with SW:TOR but, within days of beta, there were pics and logs in beta-busting sites around the web. And a good thing too.

Unfortunately that did not stop me from paying $150 for the collectors edition. I havent played the game since a month after lauch.

  achesoma

Apprentice Member

Joined: 5/05/05
Posts: 959

4/02/13 10:14:55 PM#23
They wouldn't even allow videos to be shown from a major friggin convention.  It will probably be under NDA until a week before release.

  Sentnl

Novice Member

Joined: 3/07/13
Posts: 79

4/02/13 11:27:02 PM#24
Originally posted by achesoma
They wouldn't even allow videos to be shown from a major friggin convention.  It will probably be under NDA until a week before release.

This is the internet, you can't stop the internet.

This first beta phase was apparently small, I doubt there are many people involved. Just wait for the beta phases to be bigger, all it takes is one brother of the interweb to post a video, and then that video gets circulated out of control.

 

I sometimes play under the alias "Exposed". Don't tell anybody.

  TehTic

Novice Member

Joined: 2/13/13
Posts: 41

4/02/13 11:29:53 PM#25
Sure you can as long as you don't mind giving up a few of your prize possessions to pay for the court and lawyers after they Sue you. :-) 
  erictlewis

Apprentice Member

Joined: 11/08/08
Posts: 3058

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over while expecting different results.

4/02/13 11:33:31 PM#26

some folks must not understand what an nda is, I am like duhhh op. 

 

  Sentnl

Novice Member

Joined: 3/07/13
Posts: 79

4/02/13 11:40:17 PM#27
Originally posted by leaky
Sure you can as long as you don't mind giving up a few of your prize possessions to pay for the court and lawyers after they Sue you. :-) 

Hahahaha, how many instances do you know of people getting prosecuted for breaking a NDA? Especially when it happens in nearly every single beta for any game that ever had an NDA...

I sometimes play under the alias "Exposed". Don't tell anybody.

  noncley

Advanced Member

Joined: 1/16/12
Posts: 631

4/03/13 6:59:29 AM#28
Originally posted by donjuanagain
Originally posted by noncley
Originally posted by GreenHell
Originally posted by Iselin
No....but some will...somewhere. There are always leaks found in disreputable sites.

You are correct of course. I just don't know why in this day and age companies even bother. Information travels around the world so fast that you can not possibly stop it. Any kind of large beta event will have the same results. By even having a NDA it appears they are trying to hide something. Im not saying that they are but seriously why even bother with this charade.

I am deeply suspicious of companies that try to hide their games behind NDAs. Bioware tried to do this with SW:TOR but, within days of beta, there were pics and logs in beta-busting sites around the web. And a good thing too.

Unfortunately that did not stop me from paying $150 for the collectors edition. I havent played the game since a month after lauch.

Ouch. But hang on to the box. In fifty years or so, it might be valuable as a historical relic.

  TehTic

Novice Member

Joined: 2/13/13
Posts: 41

4/03/13 1:08:44 PM#29
Originally posted by Sentnl
Originally posted by leaky
Sure you can as long as you don't mind giving up a few of your prize possessions to pay for the court and lawyers after they Sue you. :-) 

Hahahaha, how many instances do you know of people getting prosecuted for breaking a NDA? Especially when it happens in nearly every single beta for any game that ever had an NDA...

Agreed, but I believe you will be seen much more action as many studios monetize their open beta.

  Sentnl

Novice Member

Joined: 3/07/13
Posts: 79

4/03/13 6:32:05 PM#30
Originally posted by TehTic
Originally posted by Sentnl
Originally posted by leaky
Sure you can as long as you don't mind giving up a few of your prize possessions to pay for the court and lawyers after they Sue you. :-) 

Hahahaha, how many instances do you know of people getting prosecuted for breaking a NDA? Especially when it happens in nearly every single beta for any game that ever had an NDA...

Agreed, but I believe you will be seen much more action as many studios monetize their open beta.

Yeah, just like all those record companies and movie studios...

I sometimes play under the alias "Exposed". Don't tell anybody.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search