Trending Games | World of Warcraft | ArcheAge | Destiny | Guild Wars 2

  Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,860,438 Users Online:0
Games:742  Posts:6,247,495
Zenimax Online Studios | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/04/14)  | Pub:Bethesda Softworks
Distribution: | Retail Price:$59.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac Playstation 4 Xbox One | Out of date info? Let us know!

Elder Scrolls Online Forum » General Discussion » NEW Gameplay Video!!!

3 Pages 1 2 3 » Search
44 posts found
  RelGn

Novice Member

Joined: 3/30/05
Posts: 515

 
OP  3/21/13 6:24:41 AM#1

  Ingvar

Advanced Member

Joined: 5/17/04
Posts: 180

3/21/13 6:27:24 AM#2
doesn't seem like anything special so far... but it's hard to tell from this flying camera. When we get a video from a players point of view with the UI and everything than we'll see what the game is really like.
  RelGn

Novice Member

Joined: 3/30/05
Posts: 515

 
OP  3/21/13 6:32:18 AM#3
Originally posted by Ingvar
doesn't seem like anything special so far... but it's hard to tell from this flying camera. When we get a video from a players point of view with the UI and everything than we'll see what the game is really like.

I agree but at least it's something for now

  Buccaneer

Hard Core Member

Joined: 10/31/07
Posts: 433

3/21/13 6:33:10 AM#4
Originally posted by Ingvar
doesn't seem like anything special so far... but it's hard to tell from this flying camera. When we get a video from a players point of view with the UI and everything than we'll see what the game is really like.

 Have to agree.  Melee combat  looked stiff, not fluid and smooth.  Hopefully that will be resolved before release.

  khartokhar3

Novice Member

Joined: 10/27/07
Posts: 490

3/21/13 9:04:37 AM#5
combat looks realy slow and undynamic. hope it will be better when it releases. otherwise it will be a disappointment to me.
  Torvaldr

Elite Member

Joined: 6/10/09
Posts: 5825

3/21/13 9:17:40 AM#6

I'm sure the animations will get better since it's an early build.

1. The melee animations were simple and repetitive.  They used the same swinging motion over and over again.

2. Spell effects looked really cool.

3. None of the spell effects or melee hits seemed to affect the foe at all.  The mages were launching fireballs and no one flinched.  The swords were landing hits and no one flinched.  Mobility looked low like the game is straight tab-targeted hard locked.  I hope that's not the case.

The world is pretty though and that's nice.  The character models looked decent too.  It was just the combat animations and interaction that need  a lot of polishing.

I agree with the above poster.  Let me see a combat video with the UI and a user playing.  A lot of that, and all the combat, cold have been scripted.

Curse you AquaScum!

  coretex666

Advanced Member

Joined: 1/03/12
Posts: 1822

"I shall take your position into consideration"

3/21/13 9:50:48 AM#7

Elder Scrolls online has such a great potential. I am afraid it will be wasted in the themepark setting.

Now I am most interested in how long it will take from level 1 to the point at which you can no longer make your character stronger. When the meaningful progression ends, the MMORPG ends for me.

I am in minority here obviously.

The video looks nice. Combat seems to be perfectly sufficient for a MMORPG.

Currently playing: L2 Chronicle 4

  bcbully

Elite Member

Joined: 3/03/12
Posts: 7254

3/21/13 9:55:21 AM#8
Originally posted by khartokhar3
combat looks realy slow and undynamic. hope it will be better when it releases. otherwise it will be a disappointment to me.

I disagree. It looks like their weapons have weight, this is good. 

 

Looks like you may be rooted though. 

When I eat chocolate chip pie it just doesn't feel like chocolate chip cookies. The texture, the consistency, it's just not the same and this is disappointing.

  bcbully

Elite Member

Joined: 3/03/12
Posts: 7254

3/21/13 9:56:03 AM#9
Originally posted by coretex666

Elder Scrolls online has such a great potential. I am afraid it will be wasted in the themepark setting.

Now I am most interested in how long it will take from level 1 to the point at which you can no longer make your character stronger. When the meaningful progression ends, the MMORPG ends for me.

I am in minority here obviously.

The video looks nice. Combat seems to be perfectly sufficient for a MMORPG.

Bingo.

 

 

When I eat chocolate chip pie it just doesn't feel like chocolate chip cookies. The texture, the consistency, it's just not the same and this is disappointing.

  Eir_S

Apprentice Member

Joined: 8/07/11
Posts: 4701

GW2 socialist.

3/21/13 10:06:12 AM#10
Originally posted by Torvaldr

3. None of the spell effects or melee hits seemed to affect the foe at all.  The mages were launching fireballs and no one flinched.  The swords were landing hits and no one flinched.  Mobility looked low like the game is straight tab-targeted hard locked.  I hope that's not the case.

GOD I HATE THAT.  That's the exact problem I had with TSW.  Nothing reacted to being hit.  GW2 and TERA got that right, but most MMOs just get it wrong, wrong, wrong.  I showed this to a friend I've been talking about the game with, and she said 'what's the problem?'

:-\

Nothing, just that it's 2013... and Everquest 2 wants it's "stand and hit something til it falls over because that's the only way you know it's taking damage" combat back.

  User Deleted
3/21/13 10:06:53 AM#11

Being rooted with reticle targeting would be odd outside of some ranged magical attacks you channel. I wonder if you can lock target? However. if combat is the main thing they expect you to do in a game it better be fun and if they want you looking at it on screen rather than at the hotbar it at least shouldn’t be unpleasant to the eye.

  monarc333

Hard Core Member

Joined: 10/16/07
Posts: 604

Gizmofusion.com

Screenrag.com

Steamfirst.com

3/21/13 12:22:10 PM#12
Video looks ok. Doesnt seem like they have improved the animations much in the last couple months. Good news is the environments look good and the monster models are nice. Seems like they nailed the PC models and the architecture. Def need to see more gameplay vids to get a better fell for it, but it seems like its coming along.
  observer

Elite Member

Joined: 2/17/05
Posts: 2251

First came pride, then envy.

3/21/13 7:57:07 PM#13
Originally posted by Ingvar
doesn't seem like anything special so far... but it's hard to tell from this flying camera. When we get a video from a players point of view with the UI and everything than we'll see what the game is really like.

I agree with this.  Without the player's perspective and UI, it's just another trailer, and not a true gameplay video.  Thanks for the link though, it at least shows us what to expect, although not in full detail.

  TheJoda

Novice Member

Joined: 8/12/10
Posts: 492

"Yes...... that's a Duck Staff of D00M!!!"

3/21/13 8:17:38 PM#14
....man that was boring.  Combat looked static and dated there, hope that was year old footage.

....Being Banned from MMORPG's forums since 2010, for Trolling the Trolls!!!

  Eir_S

Apprentice Member

Joined: 8/07/11
Posts: 4701

GW2 socialist.

3/21/13 8:21:20 PM#15
Originally posted by TheJoda
....man that was boring.  Combat looked static and dated there, hope that was year old footage.

I'm trying to remain optimistic myself.  Maybe those were NPCs or something.  Maybe they were placeholder animations.  All I know is I play games for their combat and the way it flows, and if it's in beta already, they better get their butts moving in a better direction.  I've been spoiled by GW2 and Tera, I want to engage an enemy, not swing at the air between us until they're dead, and then only because my stats were higher.  I want to see REAL gameplay (ie: Totalbiscuit etc.)

The locale graphics are beautiful though.

  keithian

Hard Core Member

Joined: 5/20/06
Posts: 2977

3/22/13 2:33:13 AM#16
Originally posted by monarc333
Video looks ok. Doesnt seem like they have improved the animations much in the last couple months. Good news is the environments look good and the monster models are nice. Seems like they nailed the PC models and the architecture. Def need to see more gameplay vids to get a better fell for it, but it seems like its coming along.

You wrote exactly what I was going to write lol. I think they already nailed the environments and the NPCs. I agree with others that the animations in the video (if it really is new and not just a posting of an older version) need some improvement. However, considering this is version 1.0 or whatever and the fact that I doubt this game will come out until around 4th quarter (maybe 11/11/13? lol), I think they have time to still improve this drastically as I've seen other games make major strides with less time available. Even SWTOR improved the animations drastically since the start of beta to the end of beta.

There Is Always Hope!

  IceAge

Novice Member

Joined: 8/23/05
Posts: 997

3/22/13 2:41:15 AM#17
Not trying to troll or something, but why I am seeing War Hammer Online "all over" ? From static combat to animations , spells and such?..

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

  ragz45

Novice Member

Joined: 5/01/08
Posts: 482

3/22/13 3:04:34 AM#18
Originally posted by IceAge
Not trying to troll or something, but why I am seeing War Hammer Online "all over" ? From static combat to animations , spells and such?..

 

That was about my reaction.  There was no gore, no great action, it just looked like both sides sitting there swinging away at each other but never landing a blow.  The enviroement was beautiful, bu the combat just looked booorrriing.

  Draftbeer

Apprentice Member

Joined: 6/07/07
Posts: 516

„Why Are You Wearing that Stupid Man Suit?”

3/22/13 3:10:04 AM#19
No one moves during combat 
  stayontarget

Guide

Joined: 10/04/08
Posts: 6130

Girlfriends come and go but Epic battles are Soulbound

3/22/13 3:24:12 AM#20
It has a very nice atmosphere to it.  Needs a little more work on the animations but i can live with it.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

3 Pages 1 2 3 » Search