Trending Games | Guild Wars 2 | EverQuest Next | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,920,895 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,313,041
Zenimax Online Studios | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/04/14)  | Pub:Bethesda Softworks
Distribution: | Retail Price:$59.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac Playstation 4 Xbox One | Out of date info? Let us know!

Elder Scrolls Online Forum » General Discussion » Elder Scrolls or....Drumroll....

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search
45 posts found
  meddyck

Advanced Member

3/05/13 11:56:09 AM#41
Originally posted by Brohime

Elder Scrolls or......................drumroll........Camelot Unchained!

As a Dark Age of Camelot fan ( which many say have the best PVP EVER),  I would love to see RvR  actually done correctly!

So in the name of RvR, which game will produce a PvP system to match the greatness of DAoC?

I like CU's chances better simply because its RvR system won't be chained to PvE. Everything from class design to gear to RvR rewards and progression can be designed in that game solely for how it will impact RvR. In TESO PvE gear and the raiding or grinding needed to acquire it will intrude on RvR, and classes and RvR rewards will have to be balanced so they aren't overpowered in PvE.

Camelot Unchained Backer
DAOC [retired]: R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R5 Healer

Nanfoodle

Elite Member

3/05/13 12:00:34 PM#42
Originally posted by meddyck
Originally posted by Brohime

Elder Scrolls or......................drumroll........Camelot Unchained!

As a Dark Age of Camelot fan ( which many say have the best PVP EVER),  I would love to see RvR  actually done correctly!

So in the name of RvR, which game will produce a PvP system to match the greatness of DAoC?

I like CU's chances better simply because its RvR system won't be chained to PvE. Everything from class design to gear to RvR rewards and progression can be designed in that game solely for how it will impact RvR. In TESO PvE gear and the raiding or grinding needed to acquire it will intrude on RvR, and classes and RvR rewards will have to be balanced so they aren't overpowered in PvE.

ESO fixed that problem. There is no PvP gear, there is just gear. No PvP stats its all just gear!

Tuktz

Novice Member

3/05/13 12:37:56 PM#43

I'll definitely check out both, because TESO is <1 year from release, and at the earliest, I think CU is 2-4 years.

I'm bored of GW2, bored of EVE, couldn't get back into DAOC when I tried just cause it's so dated.

MMO history - EVE GW2 SWTOR RIFT WAR COH/V EQ2 WOW DAOC
Tuktz - http://www.heretic.shivtr.com/

Brohime

Novice Member

OP  3/06/13 3:43:32 PM#44

I'm not too up-to date on the combat system for Elder Scrolls Online.

But if it is anything like skyrim (aiming to target) .... it will be interesting to see how it works for RvR

Also, I think both games should implement good  CC  (similiar to DAoC).  Which is what I think made group play so funn.

Swiftrevoir

Novice Member

3/07/13 5:28:06 AM#45

Since Camelot Unchained is currently in Kickstarter don't expect to see it for a few years.  Anyway they'll be pretty different games catering to two crowds.  On one side you have an MMO with a RVR experience.  The other is just a RVR scenario.

First of course I'll play ESO, and then whenever the times comes I'll try Camelot Unchained.  I doubt I would leave the former for the latter but time will tell I suppose.

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search