Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,848,269 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,222,767
Zenimax Online Studios | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/04/14)  | Pub:Bethesda Softworks
Distribution: | Retail Price:$59.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac Playstation 4 Xbox One | Out of date info? Let us know!

Elder Scrolls Online Forum » General Discussion » Give Everyone What They Want!

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 » Search
66 posts found
  sapphen

Novice Member

OP  2/12/13 1:46:57 PM#41
Originally posted by ShakyMo
I think they should add the option to play as a wookie and wield a lightsaber

LOL, that's just silly.  Although it would be cool if they added a weapon creation tool for players so we can make and texture our own weapons... armor, dungeon and house could work also all within our private adventure.  Would be an awesome expansion!

Rthuth434

Novice Member

2/12/13 1:47:49 PM#42
so i guess OP is TESO's MMOMaverick?
  jtcgs

Advanced Member

2/12/13 1:57:52 PM#43

All I know is that I cannot WAIT to see everyone that has been protecting the idea of RvR in this game realize that the server setup is going to prevent the...rivalries...they think its going to bring back.

You are going to face people/guilds one day and may not see them again for a long time because of the way they are setting the servers up further making this faction based play choice even more pointless well beyond the fact it makes the game NOT TES with its limitations on faction/race/non-opened world.

And no...TESO is not a Themepark and a Sandbox, its themepark. lvled content, closed factions, race restrictions, non-opened world, vast storyline to quest through...and its faction zones are closed to only that faction. The only thing announced that could be confused with sandbox is the somewhat open class system.

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

Distopia

Drifter

"what a boring life, HATING everything" -Gorilla Biscuits

2/12/13 2:05:31 PM#44
Originally posted by jtcgs

All I know is that I cannot WAIT to see everyone that has been protecting the idea of RvR in this game realize that the server setup is going to prevent the...rivalries...they think its going to bring back.

How it's supposed to work is you get placed in a campaign for RVR, you're bound to that campaign unless you use (whatever currency they offer) to switch. At least that's my understanding. Will there be flip-floppers? Of course, however, I'd wager many PVP oriented guilds will not be doing that sort of thing.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

It is a sign of a defeated man, to attack at ones character in the face of logic and reason- Me

Distopia

Drifter

2/12/13 2:07:00 PM#45
Originally posted by Rthuth434

Mav was a supporter of TOR, Sap doesn't seem to be a supporter of TESO. I'm not sure how you've come to such a conclusion.

It is a sign of a defeated man, to attack at ones character in the face of logic and reason- Me

sapphen

Novice Member

OP  2/12/13 2:12:51 PM#46

You are going to face people/guilds one day and may not see them again for a long time because of the way they are setting the servers up further making this faction based play choice even more pointless well beyond the fact it makes the game NOT TES with its limitations on faction/race/non-opened world.

I agree.  It seems people are protection only one idea and swear anything else would ruin their gaming experience.  I don't like it when content is missing, not stuff I don't do.  They should give us as many options to play their game as possible; have a traditional RvR rule-set, then have an explorer mode, wPvP,  Open Factions, etc.   Even DAoC used different server rule-sets - do the same thing but make characters persistent. 

And no...TESO is not a Themepark and a Sandbox, its themepark. lvled content, closed factions, race restrictions, non-opened world, vast storyline to quest through...and its faction zones are closed to only that faction. The only thing announced that could be confused with sandbox is the somewhat open class system.

It can be a sandbox.  For $9.99 a month you can have your private instance and invite who ever you want with whatever rule-set as you prefer.  Imagine a First Person View server.  Fight in Cyrodiil 'locked' into first person view on your main... if it sucks switch back to a normal rule-set instance.

It goes deeper than this.  If they give buyers a private game then they could add features like housing, material gathering, land/shop ownership (replacing AH), and many other things.  Subscribers can have up to 2000 people on their instance while b2p could only invite 4-5 for dungeons and small runs ~ but unless you're showing off your house it would probably be better to join an official instance.

I'm trying to make sense but I feel like I'm rambling.

sapphen

Novice Member

OP  2/12/13 2:15:30 PM#47
Originally posted by Distopia

How it's supposed to work is you get placed in a campaign for RVR, you're bound to that campaign unless you use (whatever currency they offer) to switch. At least that's my understanding. Will there be flip-floppers? Of course, however, I'd wager many PVP oriented guilds will not be doing that sort of thing.

What about and explorer version of Cyrodiil?  PvP isn't allowed, all the NPCs are unresponsive, you can scout around and talk with other players from any faction doing the same.

We want players to get to know each other and create relations right?

sapphen

Novice Member

OP  2/12/13 2:24:27 PM#48
Originally posted by Rthuth434

Mav was a supporter of TOR, Sap doesn't seem to be a supporter of TESO. I'm not sure how you've come to such a conclusion.

Yeah, I've been bashing ESO pretty hard.  I feel kind of bad about it... but that doesn't change that I don't fully agree with their narrow approach.  It seems only directed for RvR.  If the mega server could create instances with different rule-sets then they could allow me, and others, to play the game in a way we would enjoy.

Whats the harm in letting me change my character's appearence to another race (even though the storyline would be as if I'm an orc).  It could be a toggle for you, you would see my original race but everyone else who doesn't mind open factions would see my altered race.  It's just visual.

Why not have the mega server open up wPvP instances.  Would be cool to quest with enemy players roaming about.  A 'invador' que could bring enemy players to the instance and spawn them at secret camps. AT ANY TIME, if you get tired of the rule-set then you could switch to a PvE server, with the same character in the same space.

Distopia

Drifter

2/12/13 2:29:16 PM#49
Originally posted by sapphen

What about and explorer version of Cyrodiil?  PvP isn't allowed, all the NPCs are unresponsive, you can scout around and talk with other players from any faction doing the same.

I'd be all about something like that, or even simply the ability to war all over Tamriel (mordred like ruleset).

FromHell

Novice Member

2/12/13 2:29:37 PM#50
Can I just have Skyrim with a decent multiplayer option? thanks

Secrets of Dragon´s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

sapphen

Novice Member

OP  2/12/13 2:35:32 PM#51

I'd be all about something like that, or even simply the ability to war all over Tamriel (mordred like ruleset).

Dude that would be wicked cool.  I would totally dig an open war instance of faction'd territories.

I wonder how a perma-death server would do?

sapphen

Novice Member

OP  2/12/13 2:41:58 PM#52
Originally posted by FromHell
Can I just have Skyrim with a decent multiplayer option? thanks

That is the cool part.  You can have a persistant character that can switch between the MMO and a private version of the MMO (in which you could own housing and invite guests). Houses and other perks could be tied into your official progress in the MMO.

Everyone gets what they want;  The MMO players get an official MMO with a team dedicated to it's updates, and the TES w/multiplayer get a private RPG in which they could invite other players.  If another team of developers creates modifiers to add popular suggestions then they could give us the choice to play how we want to play.

jtcgs

Advanced Member

2/12/13 3:05:49 PM#53

It can be a sandbox.  For $9.99 a month you can have your private instance and invite who ever you want with whatever rule-set as you prefer.  Imagine a First Person View server.  Fight in Cyrodiil 'locked' into first person view on your main... if it sucks switch back to a normal rule-set instance.

It goes deeper than this.  If they give buyers a private game then they could add features like housing, material gathering, land/shop ownership (replacing AH), and many other things.  Subscribers can have up to 2000 people on their instance while b2p could only invite 4-5 for dungeons and small runs ~ but unless you're showing off your house it would probably be better to join an official instance.

I'm trying to make sense but I feel like I'm rambling.

What does private servers and rule-sets have to do with sandbox? A sandbox is a completely open world where the player creates the story and content...

A themepark is a themepark even if its on your own private server. Anyway, there are way too many "ifs" in your post...it would be like me saying the game IS great, IF they make it more like TES. Ifs mean nothing, all that matters is what they have said is going to be in the game, so far...no sandbox, little TES other than names and monsther skins.

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

ShakyMo

Apprentice Member

2/12/13 3:23:31 PM#54
Fromhell
I think bioware tried something similar.
  sapphen

Novice Member

OP  2/12/13 3:30:59 PM#55

What does private servers and rule-sets have to do with sandbox? A sandbox is a completely open world where the player creates the story and content...

Well... it would be more like a single player sandbox in which you could invite friends.  Switch over to your personal instance and go to your house (instead of a bank)  to switch/store inventory.  You could have a mat garden (like in the Archmage's room from Skyrim), own a mine to stockpile materials or even a castle with rooms you could give to your friends.  It would be a more of a private sandbox than public one.

Also we have to look at how we describe sandbox.  Having a world in which we could go anywhere would be sandboxy.  Meet up with fellow travelers who want to explore as well.  Go into their private sandboxes and check out their modifiers.

A themepark is a themepark even if its on your own private server. Anyway, there are way too many "ifs" in your post...it would be like me saying the game IS great, IF they make it more like TES. Ifs mean nothing, all that matters is what they have said is going to be in the game, so far...no sandbox, little TES other than names and monsther skins.

The official game will be a themepark but they could start off with a private instance and then expand on that.

I agree, there is WAY too many 'ifs' in my posts.  I'm not even sure where I'm going with this... I just want them to have choices rather than strickly focusing on RvR.  If enough players want to explore, wpvp or open factions then why not give it to them? 

• Explore - Have a world in which faction NPCs are inactive.  Players can go anywhere, even Cyrodiil, in a non-combat PvE enviroment.  They are joined by other players who want to explore with a persistent character.
  • wPvP (non-Cyrodiil) -  Put the people who want to PvE/Quest with enemy players into an instance.  Que players who wish to invade other factioned areas and drop them in.  Try to balance out the levels, either by making brackets or stat bonuses.
  • Open Factions - This could be a toggle.  Let players change their appearence (although the storyline would be as if they were their original race) and then see other players who want Open Factions.  Players who do not want this option will see players as their original character.
  jtcgs

Advanced Member

2/12/13 3:41:20 PM#56

The official game will be a themepark but they could start off with a private instance and then expand on that.

I agree, there is WAY too many 'ifs' in my posts.  I'm not even sure where I'm going with this...

I know where you are going...or should I stay where you are trying to STAY with this...you are what I was right before they started to actually release information about this game.

In the land of TES fans.

You are trying to cling to the chance the company will actually make the game like a TES game. Forget it, the people heading the design are from DaoC and have yet to prove they evolved at all which is why we have heard what we heard about the game so far. They are still in the box, to get what you...and I...were wasking for would require outside the box thinking.

And you dont get people setting up forced faction choices, closed faction playing areas and PvP that is boxed in by someone thinking outside the box. In fact, they segment the game into smaller boxes because their limited programming skills require everything controlled via segregated playing. Worse yet, the man that brought DaoC the server options is not even with this company.

sapphen

Novice Member

OP  2/12/13 7:11:20 PM#57

I agree, there is WAY too many 'ifs' in my posts.  I'm not even sure where I'm going with this...

I know where you are going...or should I stay where you are trying to STAY with this...you are what I was right before they started to actually release information about this game.

In the land of TES fans.

You are trying to cling to the chance the company will actually make the game like a TES game. Forget it, the people heading the design are from DaoC and have yet to prove they evolved at all which is why we have heard what we heard about the game so far. They are still in the box, to get what you...and I...were wasking for would require outside the box thinking.

And you dont get people setting up forced faction choices, closed faction playing areas and PvP that is boxed in by someone thinking outside the box. In fact, they segment the game into smaller boxes because their limited programming skills require everything controlled via segregated playing. Worse yet, the man that brought DaoC the server options is not even with this company.

I dunno, I feel this has a strong chance to be in game.  People have to show interest in the idea of developer made mods, private servers and other rule-sets.  If enough people request something like this then it would have a chance to be added.

I'm not sure how to get current ESO fans to think outside of the Zenibox.  There's been so many forum battles between us that both sides are kind of locked in place.  Most people are just sliently waiting but others are defending ESO with everything they have.

I agree forced faction choices does seem illogical from our standpoint.  I could see it being important to other people.  I figured it could be a toggle.  You would create a character and afterwards you can choose to change his appearence.  If you select a race outside your faction, the computer and toggled off players would see you as your original race choice.

We need options and a larger touch of TES.  If developers could make mods and then offer players a private sandbox version of ESO, they could add housing, farms, mines, cities and castles.  Encourage players to invite other people to visit their private instance.  This could help build communities and support subscription models.

sapphen

Novice Member

OP  2/15/13 6:38:46 AM#58
Is RvR too narrow of a focus for ESO ~ Why can't they just let us to play how we want to play it?
  Crazyhorsek

Novice Member

2/16/13 1:00:40 AM#59
Is RvR too narrow of a focus for ESO ~ Why can't they just let us to play how we want to play it?

Because its not your game - its their game. You like it, play it, you don't like it, don't play it.

Thats how games should be - always.

Would you ask for any artist like a painter for instance, to do his art as you want it? No... art comes from inspiration, the artist's inspiration - if you like it, you buy it, if you don't like it, you dont buy it. Same as movies, books, music, etc...

Game companies should stop trying to please "gamers" - if the game is good it will be a success, if its not, it wont - the quantity of people you try to pull to your game, doesnt assure the success of the game - just assures that the initial project lost its identity.

The day you make a video game, its your game, and you can play it how you want to play it - this one however is a Zenimax and Bethesda game and they should do what they want to do - the rest time will tell.

This sense of entitlement crap in video games is getting ridiculous.

sapphen

Novice Member

OP  2/16/13 6:52:22 AM#60
Originally posted by Crazyhorsek

Because its not your game - its their game. You like it, play it, you don't like it, don't play it.

It's not their game, it's our game.   Developers don't make games for themselves.

Originally posted by Crazyhorsek

Would you ask for any artist like a painter for instance, to do his art as you want it? No... art comes from inspiration, the artist's inspiration - if you like it, you buy it, if you don't like it, you dont buy it. Same as movies, books, music, etc...

Game companies should stop trying to please "gamers" - if the game is good it will be a success, if its not, it wont - the quantity of people you try to pull to your game, doesnt assure the success of the game - just assures that the initial project lost its identity.

The day you make a video game, its your game, and you can play it how you want to play it - this one however is a Zenimax and Bethesda game and they should do what they want to do - the rest time will tell.

This sense of entitlement crap in video games is getting ridiculous.

This isn't an art piece, it is entertainment.  Game companys should NEVER stop trying to please gamers, for the life of me I can't figure out why you think they shouldn't make games for gamers.  This isn't the art world, you can't put up a piece of art and hope people like it.

Games are designed around a target audience.  The TES fans and the MMO players, why can't they make different rule-sets for each?

Sense of entitlement crap is just that, crap.

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 » Search