Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,905,535 Users Online:0
Games:757  Posts:6,295,059
Zenimax Online Studios | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/04/14)  | Pub:Bethesda Softworks
Distribution: | Retail Price:$59.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac Playstation 4 Xbox One | Out of date info? Let us know!

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search
45 posts found
  Maelwydd

Advanced Member

OP  2/07/13 5:06:37 PM#41
Originally posted by ShakyMo

I dont want to be able to keep this "mythical pvp balance"  thats a lie sold to suckas by the likes of arenanet and blizzard.  MMOS CAN NEVER BE BALANCED.   I would rather pvp have meaning than chase the white elephant of mmo balance.

So anyone who believes the lie is a sucka. You mean balance like giving each faction 3 races rather then let people join the faction of their choice?

Then I agree with you.

Anyway, back to the Emperor....

Mykell

Hard Core Member

2/07/13 5:13:21 PM#42
Originally posted by Maelwydd

So eventually an Emperor will be crowned in Cyrodil. But who is actually Emperor?

Some guild will work out how to "game" the system in beta and/or find some advantage the developers never thought of and end up being crowned Emperor. There will be much crying and tear shedding and finger pointing on these and the official forums as the developers scramble to pacify players who threaten to ragequit over how "unfair" the system is.

Wraithone

Hard Core Member

If you can't kill it, don't make it mad.

2/07/13 7:19:49 PM#43
Originally posted by Wraithone
This megaserver paints them into a corner.

It stops them making alternative rule set servers, like ones where you can go anywhere and group with anyone for those that don't care for rvr.

It puts pressure on the server they do have to break systems for those that do want to keep their rvr pure.

It makes pve and pvp 2 separate games with no interdependence between the systems.

If you want to be able to keep "balance" for PvP, without having to constantly nerf PvE into the ground, keeping them separate is a Good Thing(tm).

I dont want to be able to keep this "mythical pvp balance"  thats a lie sold to suckas by the likes of arenanet and blizzard.  MMOS CAN NEVER BE BALANCED.   I would rather pvp have meaning than chase the white elephant of mmo balance.

"PvP have meaning"??... In what sense?  Making it skill based only?

faxnadu

Apprentice Member

2/07/13 7:21:49 PM#44
Originally posted by PyrateLV

Who is Emperor?

My guess would be some ADHD Basement Dwelling kid who plays 16hrs a day, has alternating CaPiTaL letters in his characters name and is known to frequently use they word GHEY.

All Hail the crown Emperor of Cyrodiil!!

+1

Caliburn101

Novice Member

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." Albert Einstein

2/08/13 4:12:43 AM#45
Originally posted by PyrateLV

Who is Emperor?

My guess would be some ADHD Basement Dwelling kid who plays 16hrs a day, has alternating CaPiTaL letters in his characters name and is known to frequently use they word GHEY.

All Hail the crown Emperor of Cyrodiil!!

THIS.

Seriously - the game should do a name scan and if your name is IC crapola - 'Pownage' or some such similar, it should block you from becoming Emperor. Hell - make it in-character, and have a Moth Priest come over and tell you the Elder Scroll of Good Taste won't allow it...

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search