Trending Games | ArcheAge | Guild Wars 2 | WildStar | Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,788,539 Users Online:0
Games:723  Posts:6,193,482
Zenimax Online Studios | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/04/14)  | Pub:Bethesda Softworks
Distribution: | Retail Price:$59.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac Playstation 4 Xbox One | Out of date info? Let us know!

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
26 posts found
  ShakyMo

Apprentice Member

1/31/13 11:20:57 AM#21
Thor
Or copy daoc more.
Have a number of servers with a core ruleset where pve and pvp are separated, this server would suit both people who like faction pride and rvr (daoc, planetside, war types) AND your more wow style players that like occasional pvp.

Have ffa servers, which while not full on sandbox would certainly hit the hybrid category like daoc mordred and ac darktide. This server would suit darkfall fans, pvp server in other game fans, people who value holding territory as a guild. People who like to travel everywhere and are of a on bent

Have coop servers, which would suit your more EQ style player, let people make guilds with members of other factions and explore all the lands, cut out pvp or remove all pvp rewards so that pvp is just for fun and can't be cheesed by trading keeps etc..

That would work much better than all this silly megaserver nonsense and be attractive to more player types.
  iamthekiller

Novice Member

1/31/13 11:22:49 AM#22
Originally posted by Dantae87
Originally posted by Vallista
While I'm not the biggest of Elder Scrolls series, if I'm reading whats true about this game, well this might be finally the game I'm looking for.  I'm hoping Bethesda and Zenimax have the good sense not to allow people to play different factions on the same server.  Its what ruin Wow, rift, should I keep going?  It's also nice for a group to finally give us what players have been looking for awhile now.  Lets hope.  I'm begging there is true rvr in this title. 

keep in mind WoW used to be like this and not allow diffrent faction players on the same server...untill they dummbed down the game to the point where any 10yr old kid looking for a candy can play it now. I still dont think ESO did it right though considering thhey removed 1/2 of the map for each faction....so when you get this game your paying for 1/2 a game cuz of the faction lock, unless u create more than one char wich i hardly never do....

Stop pretending like wow was so hard back then..I played it as well and a 10 year old could easily play it just fine. It's so pitiful watching people try to act like vanilla wow was the pinnacle of a hard mmo. If you choose not to roll another character then your choosing not to play 1/2 the game..nobody is locking it away from you.

ShakyMo

Apprentice Member

1/31/13 11:23:41 AM#23
Wouldn't be every time you change guild though. Most people would be start enough to change to a guild in the same campaign. I mean what do you do in server based mmos, you look for another guild on your server or you reroll elsewhere.
  deakon

Novice Member

1/31/13 11:27:03 AM#24
Originally posted by ShakyMo
Wouldn't be every time you change guild though. Most people would be start enough to change to a guild in the same campaign. I mean what do you do in server based mmos, you look for another guild on your server or you reroll elsewhere.

Or you have the option of changing server

ShakyMo

Apprentice Member

1/31/13 11:33:03 AM#25
Well yeah you can change server in some games, but typically they tend to be instanced pvp games and it costs you real money.
  Nikopol

Apprentice Member

Brought to you by... The Spirit of Nikopol.

1/31/13 4:49:54 PM#26
Originally posted by deakon

Sure np.

"There will be a campaign that you sign up for individually or as a guild. For as long as you go into Cyrodiil, you are going into that version of Cyrodiil and that campaign. You can always go help out your buddies in their campaign if they need help, but there is a bit of a restriction on that. We don’t want players to hop back and forth frequently to help out friends. We don’t want to have a situation where it’s like “OK, everybody flood this campaign tonight”. We have restrictions on that so that the campaign doesn’t get flooded and overloaded, also we want you to feel like while it is a megaserver, this is your home and your community. I want to play with these people that I see in this campaign all the time."

"You can switch off, which will cost some alliance points, but we don’t want to lock you in to a campaign that you don’t want to play in the first place. So there is some freedom when you first get into the game."

link

and:

link

Deakon, thanks for that, I missed that bit of information. Sounds better than I thought.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search