Trending Games | WildStar | World of Warcraft | Elder Scrolls Online | Star Wars: The Old Republic

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,638,950 Users Online:0
Games:678  Posts:6,073,599
Zenimax Online Studios | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/04/14)  | Pub:Bethesda Softworks
Distribution: | Retail Price:$59.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac Playstation 4 Xbox One | Out of date info? Let us know!

Elder Scrolls Online Forum » General Discussion » The fact that this forum is "hating this game" is a good sign

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 » Search
70 posts found
  User Deleted
1/02/13 3:53:25 AM#41
Originally posted by Geschaefer

Every game that comes out; has generally an outstanding and super hyped anticipation from the patrons of these forums.

Each and every time; ive been sucked in by everyone elses flag waving cheerleaders; and every time; these games end up garbage.

My new indicator of a possibly great upcoming game; is if "you" the collective community hate on it.. ill probably end up liking it. 

Its the same people hating on it that have hated on every themepark released in the past year.

Apparently its too hard to just ignore games that don't suit your own playstyle.

Malacth

Advanced Member

1/02/13 3:57:11 AM#42
Originally posted by coretex666

Every game that comes out; has generally an outstanding and super hyped anticipation from the patrons of these forums.

Each and every time; ive been sucked in by everyone elses flag waving cheerleaders; and every time; these games end up garbage.

My new indicator of a possibly great upcoming game; is if "you" the collective community hate on it.. ill probably end up liking it. 

If you like themeparks, there is a good chance you will like this game.

If you are looking for depth, sandbox elements, and some sort of "meaning", I would say you will be disappointed.

I also do not think that whether this community likes or dislikes a game is a suitable indicator of whether you will like some game or not.

Just my opinion, not saying this is inevitably correct.

[mod edit]

It's a matter of taste.

Themeparks can have depth and meaning, much more than sandboxes imo.

Sandboxes to me have aimlessness and get boring fast, which is probably why no one plays them compared to themepark games.

But then again, thats just my opinion.

dinams

Advanced Member

1/02/13 4:00:53 AM#43

Many here also criticized SW:TOR

That game was awesome..../sarcasm

"It has potential"
-Second most used phrase on existence
"It sucks"
-Most used phrase on existence

Crunchy222

Apprentice Member

1/05/13 10:50:24 AM#44
Originally posted by dinams

Many here also criticized SW:TOR

That game was awesome..../sarcasm

This forum was over the top and fanatical in supporting SWTOR prior to launch.

MrEpic

Novice Member

1/08/13 9:55:56 PM#45
i wish the people that bashed every game and called them themepark games would make one... and see how many "new" ideas they can come up with... shut up or put up i guess

~Mr.EpiC~

OgreRaper

Novice Member

1/08/13 9:59:26 PM#46
Originally posted by MrEpic
i wish the people that bashed every game and called them themepark games would make one... and see how many "new" ideas they can come up with... shut up or put up i guess

Um ok, buy me a gaming studio and I'll do that...

sapphen

Advanced Member

1/09/13 1:01:19 AM#47
Originally posted by OgreRaper

I want in.

ktanner3

Master

Trolls will be ignored

1/09/13 10:53:47 AM#48
Originally posted by Drakynn
Seems like business as usual here.One segment of the community gets it's hate on for the game another get's it's hype on.No indicator one way or another just same old same old.

This. 

Currently Playing: Star Wars The Old Republic

ktanner3

Master

Trolls will be ignored

1/09/13 10:55:13 AM#49
Originally posted by OgreRaper

Does he have to hire the staff for you as well? 

Pixiecakes

Novice Member

1/09/13 8:50:19 PM#50
i hope it's good as this is an opportunity for me to mix my love of mmo's with my sons love of skyrim. we've been looking for something we can both be excited about for a while
  Fishmitts

Novice Member

1/10/13 11:14:37 PM#51

Playing most of the Elder Scrolls games, I have always wished I could play with a buddy. I'm 47 and started with Arena. ( Worst box art ever) Now I can, or will. I dont care about the lore. I dont care about making a difference in the world. I dont care about the politics. I have always wanted to run mines, dungeons, and overall the game itself with a friend.

And now I can.

And I think a lot of people feel the same way.

sapphen

Advanced Member

1/11/13 12:12:20 AM#52
Originally posted by Fishmitts

Playing most of the Elder Scrolls games, I have always wished I could play with a buddy. I'm 47 and started with Arena. ( Worst box art ever) Now I can, or will. I dont care about the lore. I dont care about making a difference in the world. I dont care about the politics. I have always wanted to run mines, dungeons, and overall the game itself with a friend.

And now I can.

I'm with you, I only hope it's the same game that we remember.  I'm disappointed at some of their design choices - I'm worried they are taking it too far away from the game we know and love - but I am hopeful that they do TES justice.

karmath

Hard Core Member

1/11/13 12:35:59 AM#53

And now I can.

Then go play the plethora of cancerclones already available with your buddy. There will be 0 difference regardless of what the title on the box says.

azzamasin

Elite Member

We live in a fantasy world, a world of illusion. The great task in life is to find reality.

1/11/13 2:06:47 AM#54
Originally posted by Malacth
Originally posted by coretex666

If you like themeparks, there is a good chance you will like this game.

If you are looking for depth, sandbox elements, and some sort of "meaning", I would say you will be disappointed.

I also do not think that whether this community likes or dislikes a game is a suitable indicator of whether you will like some game or not.

Just my opinion, not saying this is inevitably correct.

[mod edit]

It's a matter of taste.

Themeparks can have depth and meaning, much more than sandboxes imo.

Sandboxes to me have aimlessness and get boring fast, which is probably why no one plays them compared to themepark games.

But then again, thats just my opinion.

Exactly.  Sandbox's are a niche because it has no structure and no meaning.  Now give me some elements of a good sandbox like Open World exploration, freedom to go where I choose, classless skill based system and grandiose housing systems but place it into the context of a good Themepark and you got a winner.

If your idea of a Sandbox is open FFA Full Loot PvP, full crafted world with minimal support for anything combat then your sandbox ideas are bad! Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Gishgeron

Advanced Member

1/11/13 3:08:15 AM#55

My only complaint against TESO is that I wish it had been TES : Whatever with multiplayer.  Not that I won't play, and likely enjoy, TESO.  But "Single player games" with a multiplayer element have different dynamic, and different balance.  That is to say, nearly no balance.  They are all about how much fun you are having.  It doesn't matter if you are overpowered in Skyrim.  Its just a facet of the game, a method for fun you can achieve.  I like being able to break my character and smash everything in the face.

MMO's don't have that, really.  They do have other things that are fun too, and I will enjoy those things with my friends in the world of Tamriel.  But I would have actually just enjoyed having regular mutiplayer options in their current games.  They could re-release Morrowind tommorow, with nothing more than the graphic overhaul its modded in and mutiplayer and I'd pay 60$ for it again just to play on my 360 with some pals.

They'd probably make just as many box sales, and it would surely take less work than funding a full on MMO.  I think they missed  a really easy way to double dip their game library and make some crazy cash on it.

ktanner3

Master

Trolls will be ignored

1/15/13 8:39:05 AM#56
Originally posted by karmath

And now I can.

Then go play the plethora of cancerclones already available with your buddy. There will be 0 difference regardless of what the title on the box says.

Or he can wait for ESO to be realeased. I think he will choose the latter. 

bunzaga

Novice Member

1/16/13 2:49:12 PM#57

ESO and Neverwinter are the only two games I am keeping an eye on so far this year.  If it will suck or not won't be dictated by the most verbose members of these forums, it will be based on the motivations of the developers, and how in touch they are with REAL gamers, and not just pie charts and statistics.

My interests may not coincide with yours, or 'theirs', so I'll just watch game play videos, perhaps get a chance to test the game, and make my own, educated decision.

In most situations 'the masses' are ignorant people who just copy what other people are saying or doing, it is usually a small few, who can think for themselves and make their own decisions.  I have found that these few, don't usually go around broadcasting their opinions as freely as the masses, so I would say your original assessment is accurate.

trash656

Novice Member

It is easier to Fight for Principles then it is to Live up to them.

1/19/13 12:13:51 PM#58

I hope your right, because frankly each of the developers on the development team is going to have to eat a rock and shit out a diamond from their ass in order to make this game any good.

lmao

bcbully

Elite Member

1/19/13 12:17:36 PM#59

+1 OP. 

Something tells me the combat and itemization are going to be really good. I have concerns about other design philosophies though like, the PvP "area", and from what it seems, not being able to invade homelands.

FallguyArmy

Novice Member

1/19/13 12:23:49 PM#60
While "hating" might be too strong of a word, I am nevertheless overly concerned about the direction of TESO's development. Without getting into the details, let's just say TESO is looking nothing like what I would imagine an online TES game would be (and I mean this in a bad way). I wish beta or maybe even alpha will come soon so I can finally throw in my feedback to the developers. I think they're getting ahead of the game (pun intended) a little too soon without real input from the gamers, especially those who enjoy TES games. In fact, the only thing I see is everything that has to do with the lore, which is fine and dandy, but if I really wanted to know more about lore I'd read TES books or look up the wikis. I assumed TESO is supposed to be a game, so where's the info regarding gameplay? And how about an improvement to the visuals while we're at it?
4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 » Search