Trending Games | World of Warcraft | Dragon Age: Inquisition | EverQuest | World of Tanks

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,905,135 Users Online:0
Games:757  Posts:6,292,688
Zenimax Online Studios | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/04/14)  | Pub:Bethesda Softworks
Distribution: | Retail Price:$59.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac Playstation 4 Xbox One | Out of date info? Let us know!

Elder Scrolls Online Forum » General Discussion » I hate to break it to you

3 Pages « 1 2 3 » Search
47 posts found
  Mardukk

Spotlight Poster

12/11/12 11:10:35 AM#21
Originally posted by MyTabbycat

I remember when Oblivion came out, people complained it was not like Morrowind. Eventually it grew into its own game as people began to fall in love with it. There are even people who complain Skyrim isn't like Morrowind was.

Eventually people will fall in love with TESO for the kind of game that it is instead of wishing it was more like its single player cousins.

People fell in love with Oblivion? That's news to me.

ragz45

Novice Member

12/11/12 11:14:10 AM#22
Originally posted by st4t1ck
Originally posted by Zeeraha
Originally posted by TheHoneyBadger

How is this so called "specific open world gameplay" not going to be implemented?

TBH the point I was making was for all of the purists saying ESO will be a flop because it is not exactly like Skyrim and the like.

Problem is with ESO that with current announcements it does not even resemble TES to me.

I'm not saying there isnt one, but could you tell me an Ip full of single player games that went into the mmo realm and resembled there counterpart?

Ultima online.

Kuraphimaru

Apprentice Member

12/11/12 11:18:01 AM#23

I remember when Oblivion came out, people complained it was not like Morrowind. Eventually it grew into its own game as people began to fall in love with it. There are even people who complain Skyrim isn't like Morrowind was.

Eventually people will fall in love with TESO for the kind of game that it is instead of wishing it was more like its single player cousins.

What this person said. A good point would be to remember FFIX and how it was different from previous FF titles and didn't resemble those at all and what happened afterwards.

kishe

Apprentice Member

firefighter lvl90

12/11/12 11:19:39 AM#24

elder scrolls series were like offline version of ultima online.

when teso was announced, people wanting for uo2 were picked up just to be let down again

Sovrath

Elite Member

12/11/12 11:20:14 AM#25
Originally posted by Mardukk

well I love Oblvion so there you go. Real life testimonial.

My preference is Morrowind, but I played the heck out of Oblvion. Actually I played it from launch and pretty much right up to a few months before Skyrim was released.

They are different games, each with their own strengths and weaknesses.

Onomas

Novice Member

Sandbox is your only hope for a decent mmo ;)

12/11/12 12:12:03 PM#26
So this is going to be another linear game with no mmorpg features?
  Draron

Novice Member

12/14/12 2:01:47 AM#27
Originally posted by Sovrath
Originally posted by Mardukk

well I love Oblvion so there you go. Real life testimonial.

My preference is Morrowind, but I played the heck out of Oblvion. Actually I played it from launch and pretty much right up to a few months before Skyrim was released.

They are different games, each with their own strengths and weaknesses.

Same here. Oblivion is treated like the red headed stepchild of TES, but I actually liked it. It was mostly the setting overall, but some of the storylines (the Mages Guild and Dark Brotherhood especially) was some of the best I've played in a TES game.

minttunator

Novice Member

12/14/12 8:39:12 PM#28
The really sad thing is that no matter how bad TESO turns out to be, it will still sell untold millions purely on the strength of the IP. I hope I'm wrong about this game, but everything we've been shown thus far just screams "another genric single-player online themepark". 
  PyrateLV

Tipster

12/14/12 9:39:40 PM#29

Simply put, TESO will be another generic linear Themepark  based off a popular IP

Its a money grab. Nothing more.

Tried: EQ2 - AC - EU - HZ - TR - MxO - TTO - WURM - SL - VG:SoH - PotBS - PS - AoC - WAR - DDO - SWTOR
Played: UO - EQ1 - AO - DAoC - NC - CoH/CoV - SWG - WoW - EVE - AA - LotRO - DFO - STO - FE - MO - RIFT
Playing: Skyrim
Following: The Repopulation
I want a Virtual World, not just a Game.
ITS TOO HARD! - Matt Firor (ZeniMax)

Draigen

Novice Member

12/15/12 7:49:14 PM#30
I have high hopes this game will satisfy my craving for a DAOC 2. The right people are in place to make it happen. So I have my fingers crossed!
  Esquire1980

Apprentice Member

12/20/12 1:33:53 PM#31

Is there somewhere I've missed that states ESO will not have deco and housing?  Even instanced?  Have not seen it if there is.  That might be a game-breaker for me, to be honest.  I have not been able to find much official released info on the game systems and features, period, outside of the 1 trailer.

Been looking for a game with decent housing and deco since SWG.  A place to call my own in the MMO world.

Have been playing Skyrim and the combo of sandbox world exploration and themepark quest leveling seems to fit well together in that context.  I understand that end-game will be PVP and some style of PVE raiding but it pretty much is in just about any MMO.  The OWPVP in this looks at the least interesting and could hold my interest for quite some time if it all works as advertised.

If some1 has a link for no housing and deco, I would appreaciate a look-see.

MyTabbycat

Apprentice Member

12/20/12 1:52:50 PM#32

http://tamrielfoundry.com/development-faq/#ref

They give "source" info at the bottom of the page. Housing is listed under the "Misc" tab.

Esquire1980

Apprentice Member

12/20/12 2:21:43 PM#33

They give "source" info at the bottom of the page. Housing is listed under the "Misc" tab.

"Player and guild housing will not be in the game at release."

That's pretty much a let-down.  Altho they don't say it won't be at some point in time.  Guess I'll wait for the "plug-in" that puts housing in their game.

Thanks, made my mind up for me on a pre-order.

Fearum

Apprentice Member

12/20/12 2:27:09 PM#34
Originally posted by Esquire1980

That's pretty much a let-down.  Altho they don't say it won't be at some point in time.  Guess I'll wait for the "plug-in" that puts housing in their game.

You dont have to wait, there are plenty of games for housing and decor http://www.girlgames.com/home-decorating-games.html has some.

GrayGhost79

Apprentice Member

12/20/12 2:28:07 PM#35
Originally posted by karmath
The point you are missing OP is the fact that the IP is known for a specific kind of openworld gameplay, if you take that away you have just another fantasy IP and alienating your core fanbase to boot.

And thats the sad part, I'm taking a wait and see approach but for a company to alienating millions upon millions of built in fans is the most assinine thing I can think of lol. 

We don't want those 7mil+ people that bought Skyrim or our other TES games, we are focusing on the 200-300k players your standard MMO has... 

wtf lol! 

Fearum

Apprentice Member

12/20/12 2:29:35 PM#36
Originally posted by GrayGhost79
The point you are missing OP is the fact that the IP is known for a specific kind of openworld gameplay, if you take that away you have just another fantasy IP and alienating your core fanbase to boot.

And thats the sad part, I'm taking a wait and see approach but for a company to alienating millions upon millions of built in fans is the most assinine thing I can think of lol. 

We don't want those 7mil+ people that bought Skyrim or our other TES games, we are focusing on the 200-300k players your standard MMO has... 

wtf lol! 

They already chose to alienate them by going PC and Mac.

GrayGhost79

Apprentice Member

12/20/12 2:29:37 PM#37
Originally posted by Fearum
Originally posted by Esquire1980

You dont have to wait, there are plenty of games for housing and decor http://www.girlgames.com/home-decorating-games.html has some.

Real sandbox games have them as well

http://uo.com/

Though... everyone has different taste so I won't knock Fearum for liking those girlgames... to each their own.

GrayGhost79

Apprentice Member

12/20/12 2:34:16 PM#38

wtf lol! 

Going PC? You mean like do what they've been doing since the beggining? TES has been PC since day 1 lol and the PC version has always been a great deal better than the console version :) 

TES: Arena - PC

TES: DaggerFall - PC

Battlespire and Redguard I will skip over even though they were both on PC

TES: Morrowind - PC

TES: Oblivion - PC

TES: Skyrim - PC

So... how did they alienate them by going PC considering they've always been on PC?

GrayGhost79

Apprentice Member

12/20/12 2:35:20 PM#39
Aww your so cute. UO is history kind of like an Outhouse, you still don't use one of those do you?

It's definitely better than those girly games you play lol... I've no idea why you would even play something like that let alone let others know you play that kind of game. It's one of those things you really shouldn't share with people. 

MyTabbycat

Apprentice Member

12/20/12 2:43:01 PM#40

wtf lol! 

Going PC? You mean like do what they've been doing since the beggining? TES has been PC since day 1 lol and the PC version has always been a great deal better than the console version :) 

TES: Arena - PC

TES: DaggerFall - PC

Battlespire and Redguard I will skip over even though they were both on PC

TES: Morrowind - PC

TES: Oblivion - PC

TES: Skyrim - PC

So... how did they alienate them by going PC considering they've always been on PC?

I think he meant by not releasing it for console. The reason, of course, is that current consoles can't handle the game. However, they aren't ruling out future consoles, so there could be hope for that on the horizon. The devs have only said they are focusing on getting it ready for PC & Mac for now.

3 Pages « 1 2 3 » Search