Trending Games | ArcheAge | WildStar | Star Wars: The Old Republic | Elder Scrolls Online

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,857,407 Users Online:0
Games:742  Posts:6,243,136
Zenimax Online Studios | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/04/14)  | Pub:Bethesda Softworks
Distribution: | Retail Price:$59.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac Playstation 4 Xbox One | Out of date info? Let us know!

Elder Scrolls Online Forum » General Discussion » Actually kinda interested now

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
28 posts found
  muffins89

Novice Member

11/19/12 5:33:33 PM#21
Originally posted by Kaerigan
Originally posted by muffins89
Originally posted by jusomdude

After seeing the new video with the developers saying the game is gonna have similar combat to the previous ES games, the game seems like it could be pretty cool now.

I'm wondering, did they just change this to appease the uproar? I thought I remembered them saying the game was going to have typical MMO hotbar combat, when it was first announced.

Either way, it's best that the game will have real ES combat. That will be super awesome if they have a good dual wield system too, including dual spells.

they didnt change it.  when they mentioned the hot-bar the media and fans caused an uproar and overreacted.  there is a hot-bar but it's not typical mmo combat.  never was.  the game has a lot of potential/promise.  wether it lives up to that has yet to be seen.

Have you seen the latest video? It (unfortunately) looks exactly like typical MMO combat. Standing still in one place. Wacking away. I don't know about you but that's not how I fight in Skyrim or Oblivion.

which typical mmo's do you play with an aiming reticle?

I think the prostitute mod corrupted your game files man. -elhefen

Kaerigan

Novice Member

11/19/12 5:44:18 PM#22
Originally posted by Kaerigan
Originally posted by jusomdude

After seeing the new video with the developers saying the game is gonna have similar combat to the previous ES games, the game seems like it could be pretty cool now.

I'm wondering, did they just change this to appease the uproar? I thought I remembered them saying the game was going to have typical MMO hotbar combat, when it was first announced.

Either way, it's best that the game will have real ES combat. That will be super awesome if they have a good dual wield system too, including dual spells.

they didnt change it.  when they mentioned the hot-bar the media and fans caused an uproar and overreacted.  there is a hot-bar but it's not typical mmo combat.  never was.  the game has a lot of potential/promise.  wether it lives up to that has yet to be seen.

Have you seen the latest video? It (unfortunately) looks exactly like typical MMO combat. Standing still in one place. Wacking away. I don't know about you but that's not how I fight in Skyrim or Oblivion.

which typical mmo's do you play with an aiming reticle?

Not too many, I'm just saying - look at the video. It could be that the players playing in the video just plain suck, though. Hopefully we'll get some real gameplay videos soon.

<childish, provocative and highly speculative banner about your favorite game goes here>

Betakodo

Apprentice Member

11/19/12 7:22:38 PM#23
Originally posted by deakon

The only thing that has me slightly worried about the combat system is the no tab target.

The reason is that I think ranged will be at a disadvantage when it comes to pvp, and I think some kind of aim assist will be needed tbh

Why do you need aim assist? People can aim perfectly fine without aim assistance. Ranged would just become EZ mode because you just click to attack.

ShakyMo

Apprentice Member

11/19/12 7:41:06 PM#24
Couldn't they use very narrow cone attacks for ranged spells, kinda how tsw does shotgun attacks, but longer and narrower?
  Iselin

The Listener

11/20/12 11:16:55 AM#25

Skyrim combat works because you can pause the game whenever you want or need to, and do all kinds of stuff in the item/spell/shouts/potion menu system. Obviously, you can't do that in a real-time MMO.

Something needs to change... if that something is a visual aid of multiple key-binds at the bottom of the screen, a.k.a., "hotbar" so much the better... some people can even click on it if they want... more player kills for me

MyTabbycat

Apprentice Member

11/21/12 8:31:05 AM#26

I think the hotbar is something like 5 skills, one powerful skill and then a slot for a potion of some sort. I think we'll get more information on how the combat is actually going to work once the beta starts next year.

I was excited about ESO ever since I first read they were working on it.

Satcho

Advanced Member

11/21/12 8:44:51 AM#27
I wish they had made it OWPvP, at least WoW style... such a huge world, 3 factions, and the combat system would've made it fun.
  MoLoK_

Apprentice Member

11/21/12 8:18:25 PM#28
Originally posted by ShakyMo
Couldn't they use very narrow cone attacks for ranged spells, kinda how tsw does shotgun attacks, but longer and narrower?

The problem with cone attacks is that becomes very easy to hit anyone from a distance while still as hard to hit when the enemy is in melee range.

Would perhaps be better with an inverted cone that makes it easier closeby and just as hard as no cone from a far!

[IMG]http://i47.tinypic.com/2ef3s5f.png[/IMG]

:D

2 Pages « 1 2 Search