Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,919,819 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,310,354
Zenimax Online Studios | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/04/14)  | Pub:Bethesda Softworks
Distribution: | Retail Price:$59.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac Playstation 4 Xbox One | Out of date info? Let us know!

Elder Scrolls Online Forum » General Discussion » ESO Hopes and Wishes....

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
21 posts found
  Foxxen

Advanced Member

One movement, One moment, One shot, One mistake, One questions, will you be ready?

OP  11/19/12 4:13:46 PM#21

The things I worry over is that I'd hate to see this turn into a GW2 type of game.  GW2 does not impress me all that much, which I knew it wouldn't anyway.  GW originally was not all that great of a PvE game to begin with because that was not their primary focus.  Don't get me wrong, I still had fun in it, but it was their PvP that made that game popular.  Same with GW2.  The thing they introduced into the MMO world of not having to worry about loot based off of kills on a particular NPC out in the open is a double edged sword.

It allows everyone to zerg the entire content if that is what they wish, except for their dungeons.  Those are instanced.  However, when I'm leveling, I don't like having people zerg the single NPC I'm fighting just because they'll get loot from it.  Worst part is, they may get it and I wont.  When I am out soloing, I would rather it be just that, me against a NPC or two, three at once.  However many I feel up to handling alone.  Then seeing if I really have the skills to pull that off and survive it.  With GW2?  I could pull the entire zone practically and not worry because so many around me are going to jump in.  That defeats any and all challenges in the game for me, makes it pretty much easy-mode.  So I've found I don't like it.

Flipside is, even when it's not like GW2, people tend to do that, even when they don't get credit for it.  So I can see why GW2 went this direction, but that game lacks challenge at all.  SWTOR same way, lacks any real challenge.  RIFT, even worse, no challenge.  WoW since Lich King, not a challenge.  The way I measure this, if I can get a character, to max level, in less than 10 days played time with full crafting as well and then raid ready to top it off?  That was not a challenge.  1 to 70 in WoW on a Shaman, 8.5 days played with full leather working.  Just over a month in SWTOR?  I had several level 50's, 2 of which were in T1 and 2 raid gear and the rest raid ready.  8 slots done like that in less than two months.  No challenge.  I was bored quite quickly without even trying.

That is why I'm getting so let down by MMO's lately.  Sad to say this one I feel is my last one.  I seriously get tired of wasting my hard earned money on a game and finding it has a shorter life span than some single stand alone games. I'm still holding on to faith with this one however, no matter what.  The downside for me is I want to play a wood elf and looks like due to my guild I'll not be able to.  Because of how they set up factions.  Personally I would have let people pick their race, level in their homeland zones, then after a certain point, they'd have to pick their side.  Because we all know even the stand alone games from the ES series, there was no race that stuck to their own.  There were those that didn't not agree with their own people and joined the other side all the time.  I felt that shouldn't have been any different for us.  But I also would see it as this, if you did make that choice, it's permanent, no going back.

Anyway, I do enjoy this conversation.  Normally when you talk about such aspects of a game online you're typically met with some rather child like behavior and this has been anything but close to that.  Glad to see there are some level headed people still out in the gaming world.  Because I can tell you from the years of being online, not just in games, it is rare...

Guild Leader

The Order of Sanity

2 Pages « 1 2 Search