Trending Games | Hearthstone | Guild Wars 2 | Rift | Firefall

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,852,297 Users Online:0
Games:733  Posts:6,226,784
ArenaNet | Official Site
CORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/26/05)  | Pub:NCSoft
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$18.65 | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

Guild Wars Forum » Lion's Arch (General) » Just Bought NF and EotN, Can't log in.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
33 posts found
  Torvaldr

Elite Member

7/28/12 5:36:04 PM#21

You could go to your Guild Wars tab in your NCMaster account and reset your Guild Wars password (be careful not to choose your NC Master password).  I had a similar problem to this when I created my son's Guild Wars account a few years ago.

You can also second check that you have your account name written down right.  From the reset password screen it says, "reset password for account xxxx@xxxxx".  The password must be between 8 and 13 characters.  They must have letters and numbers and start with a letter.

Be careful with this because you can lock yourself out of your account and have to call support to unlock it.

I think a mind wipe so people could play an mmo like it was their first time again, would be easier to build than a new mmo people here would actually like. - DamonVile

Gamayun

Novice Member

7/28/12 5:38:35 PM#22

If you logged in GW2 without a problem, but you can't login into GW1, just one question:

Did you change your password? 

I had a similar problem, only I couldn't enter GW2 BWE after I changed the password to my GW account in GW1.

No matter what I did, I couldn't enter during a BWE (the error I got was saying that my account/password were not valid, sadly I don't remember the exact wording. My partner logged into his GW2 account without problems, BTW, so it wasn't a problem about the servers or the page not being up yet - the message for trying to login while there are no events is different.)

It didn't even help that I changed the password for my account (updated to my new password) on the official GW2 forums site too (I couldn't login, since I kept receiving the same message about invalid account, so I had to use the "Forgot password" option).

At the same time I could still enter GW1 and the NCSoft page without any problem.

The only thing that solved the issue was resetting the password (through GW1 interface) to what it was previously.

I'm assuming they're still having problems transfering all account data between GW1 and GW2. 

They really should fix this at least before launch. 

Support should help you.

Omnifish

Advanced Member

I'll kick your a**e so hard, you could build a swimming pool in the footprint!

7/28/12 5:43:33 PM#23

Hang on, you've played gw before right? You are aware of the security feature were you need to name one of your characters on the character name section on the login screen yeah?

If you can't remember that, then your support ticket should say you can't remember your character name and they'll ask you some questions to prove who you are....

This looks like a job for....The Riviera Kid!

Beacker

Novice Member

7/28/12 5:56:49 PM#24

like I said before I had this issue and emailed support@ncsoft.com and they helped me out and got me everything I needed to log in. Just send them an email they will certainly help you out.

zanebergeron

Novice Member

OP  7/28/12 9:47:03 PM#25
Originally posted by Omnifish

Hang on, you've played gw before right? You are aware of the security feature were you need to name one of your characters on the character name section on the login screen yeah?

If you can't remember that, then your support ticket should say you can't remember your character name and they'll ask you some questions to prove who you are....

No I have not played GW before, I just bought them today from NCsoft store. Everything should be set the way it is supposed to be. And I have sent a support ticket, unfortunately I guess I will have to wait until monday when they open

CURRENTLY PLAYING |GW2|
PLAYED UO:SWG:EQ2:GW:WoW:CoH:Lotro:AoC:Vanguard:Horizons:RIFT:swtor:Shadowbane and I'm sure a few others
WATCHING:EQ Next : Wildstar:Archage :WoD
WISHING FOR: A UO Remake
HAPPILY PLAYING ONLINE SINCE 97.

gaeanprayer

Novice Member

7/28/12 9:51:58 PM#26

Shot in the dark here, but are you sure its @ncsoft? Cuz that's not what mine is. Mine is @plaync. Course my account is many years old, so that could be why.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

aesperus

Elite Member

7/28/12 9:57:46 PM#27
Originally posted by gaeanprayer

Shot in the dark here, but are you sure its @ncsoft? Cuz that's not what mine is. Mine is @plaync. Course my account is many years old, so that could be why.

Ya, it's usually either @plaync, or in my case it's the email I created the account with.

MadKing

Novice Member

7/28/12 9:59:16 PM#28

I had a similar problem to yours and the only way I got around it was taking away any special character in my username, weird I know. for exanple (w.sauce@ncsoft intead type wsauce@ncsoft) that's how I got around my login issue. I don't know if I'm the only one who's having this problem, it also happened to me when I try login into GW2.

zanebergeron

Novice Member

OP  7/28/12 10:11:39 PM#29
Originally posted by aesperus
Originally posted by gaeanprayer

Ya, it's usually either @plaync, or in my case it's the email I created the account with.

according to my account  it is @ncsoft. 

xxxxxxxxx@ncsoft
Guild Wars®

Created On:
 July  28 ,2012
Account Type:
Standard

Account Status:
Playable

CURRENTLY PLAYING |GW2|
PLAYED UO:SWG:EQ2:GW:WoW:CoH:Lotro:AoC:Vanguard:Horizons:RIFT:swtor:Shadowbane and I'm sure a few others

KingJiggly

Novice Member

Definition for innovation is below. Your welcome.

7/28/12 10:18:34 PM#30

Restart your computer. Sometimes my computer won;t fully download games until it has restarted.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/innovation

zanebergeron

Novice Member

OP  7/28/12 10:28:23 PM#31

F*C*  it, I have tried every possible solution from changing passwords to reinstalling and beyond.  Hopefully it will all get resolved Monday so I can start collecting points...gives me until the 24th.

CURRENTLY PLAYING |GW2|

Palanor

Apprentice Member

7/28/12 10:33:02 PM#32

Do you get an error code when logging in?

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Error_code

My friend and I did have one of the top 8 ones, can't remember which one exactly. It did resolve itself after a few hours, was quite annoying though.

Nerf rock, paper is fine -Scissor

madnos

Novice Member

7/29/12 8:06:16 AM#33

i just dug up my copy of Nightfall, plan on getting EotN.

I havnt logged into the game for years .

Forgot most of my info.( char name, pass ,user name.,and also the email address I orginally used ,I no longer had access to.)

Sent in a ticket last night (Sat.).

Gave them all the info I could find.

game key

name

address

D.o.B.

I would say within a half hour ,they sent me a new user name , pass, and gave me a name of one of my chars.

I was impressed with the quick response, on a Sat. evening.

If anyone has problems ,I would go directly to Customer support, For me it was quick and painless.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search