Trending Games | ArcheAge | Elder Scrolls Online | Dragon Age: Inquisition | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,645,626 Users Online:0
Games:686  Posts:6,082,392
ArenaNet | Official Site
CORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/26/05)  | Pub:NCSoft
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$18.65 | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

Guild Wars Forum » Lion's Arch (General) » Just Bought NF and EotN, Can't log in.

2 Pages 1 2 » Search
33 posts found
  zanebergeron

Novice Member

OP  7/28/12 4:36:23 PM#1

So I thought I have a month to play to try to get some items for GW2, so I buy Nightfall and Eye.

I goto log in and it tells me the account is wrong.

I tried with my login for master account, I've tried my email account tied to my master...tried xxxxx@ncsoft and still can NOT get the stupid thing to let me in.

I have checked codes, I have checked support, even made sure the servers weren't down...I am pissed.

CURRENTLY PLAYING |GW2|
PLAYED UO:SWG:EQ2:GW:WoW:CoH:Lotro:AoC:Vanguard:Horizons:RIFT:swtor:Shadowbane and I'm sure a few others
WATCHING:EQ Next : Wildstar:Archage :WoD
WISHING FOR: A UO Remake
HAPPILY PLAYING ONLINE SINCE 97.

Vannor

Elite Member

7/28/12 4:39:05 PM#2

How long has it been since you created the account? sometimes they don't activate instantly

Beacker

Novice Member

7/28/12 4:40:09 PM#3

Send an email to support they will help you out. I had this issue after not logging in for like 4 years and they helped me out. I gave them as much info as I could and then they reset my pw told me my log in etc...They are pretty quick with responses. Although not sure how fast on a saturday but they might be able to resolve it fast for you. I actually just had to talk to them again 2 weeks ago and they were responding within 10 minutes of my emails I was shocked.

Support@ncsoft.com     they should be quick!

zanebergeron

Novice Member

OP  7/28/12 4:44:34 PM#4
Originally posted by Vannor

How long has it been since you created the account? sometimes they don't activate instantly

The account was created when I prepurchased GW2.  I have been in 3 BWEs just fine.  No matter what I try it is telling me that we do not recognize your account log in info.,

CURRENTLY PLAYING |GW2|
PLAYED UO:SWG:EQ2:GW:WoW:CoH:Lotro:AoC:Vanguard:Horizons:RIFT:swtor:Shadowbane and I'm sure a few others

Vannor

Elite Member

7/28/12 4:49:10 PM#5
Originally posted by zanebergeron

The account was created when I prepurchased GW2.  I have been in 3 BWEs just fine.  No matter what I try it is telling me that we do not recognize your account log in info.,

Yeh but how long ago did you apply your new GW1 keys is what I meant. Doesn't matter that the account was already created. For some people it can take a few hours for their login for GW1 to start working when starting a new 'game' account.

Some people also login with @PlayNC at the end, if you havn't tried that. Your  GW1 login name should be viewable when you log into your master NCSoft account though. If it isn't working then there's possibly a problem or you just have to wait a bit longer for it to activate.

You're leaving the character name field blank right?

darkcrevice

Novice Member

7/28/12 4:53:58 PM#6

this might be a stupid question but did you only buy nightfall and eotn

do you have gw 1? the original

Vannor

Elite Member

7/28/12 4:56:19 PM#7
Originally posted by darkcrevice

You don't need the original. They are all standalone except EotN, which requires you have any one of the others.

Nasa

Hard Core Member

7/28/12 4:57:10 PM#8

Im not sure how you register your new Guild Wars 1 keys.

Maybe you try to add to a existing Guild Wars account, but as I understand it you don't have an existing Guild Wars 1 account, you have an existing Guild Wars 2 account.

If so I think you must create a new guild wars 1 account.

cronius77

Hard Core Member

7/28/12 4:58:55 PM#9

yeah you have to have the orginal GWs to play prophecies . If thats not the issue most emails for GW1 now have @ncsoft instead of your email that has given me grief when i would forget before. If thats not it contact support but make sure you actually underline its guild wars 1 i sent in stuff to them and 5 emails later they were still sending me pasted comments about guild wars 2 after i repeatively told them GW1

Vannor

Elite Member

7/28/12 5:02:23 PM#10

Where did he say he was trying to play prophecies? You DO NOT need prophecies to play EotN.

"Eye of the North is a traditional expansion on any of the existing campaigns"

That's from the official Wiki:

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Guild_Wars_Eye_of_the_North

Istavaan

Advanced Member

7/28/12 5:02:31 PM#11

You don't need the original. They are all standalone except EotN, which requires you have any one of the others.

YOU NEED THE ORIGINAL FOR HALL OF MONUMENTS THOUGH.

Vannor

Elite Member

7/28/12 5:03:31 PM#12
Originally posted by Istavaan

YOU NEED THE ORIGINAL FOR HALL OF MONUMENTS THOUGH.

lol no you don't

Nasa

Hard Core Member

7/28/12 5:07:13 PM#13

From http://www.arena.net/blog/john-stummes-guide-to-the-hall-of-monuments

In order to get started, you’ll need two things: any one of the original Guild Wars campaigns—Prophecies, Factions, Nightfall as well as the Eye of the North expansion.

zanebergeron

Novice Member

OP  7/28/12 5:07:55 PM#14
Originally posted by Nasa

Maybe you try to add to a existing Guild Wars account, but as I understand it you don't have an existing Guild Wars 1 account, you have an existing Guild Wars 2 account.

The keys are already registered to my NC Master account.  It automatically did it when I bought them from NCSoft.

I am just getting more pissed by the minute, why they must make it so difficult to get into a game.

CURRENTLY PLAYING |GW2|

zanebergeron

Novice Member

OP  7/28/12 5:08:40 PM#15

From http://www.arena.net/blog/john-stummes-guide-to-the-hall-of-monuments

In order to get started, you’ll need two things: any one of the original Guild Wars campaigns—Prophecies, Factions, Nightfall as well as the Eye of the North expansion.

exactly

CURRENTLY PLAYING |GW2|

Vannor

Elite Member

7/28/12 5:09:16 PM#16

The keys are already registered to my NC Master account.  It automatically did it when I bought them from NCSoft.

I am just getting more pissed by the minute, why they must make it so difficult to get into a game.

Have you found out exactly what your GW1 login name is by logging into you master NCSoft account? (don't say what it is or anything..)

It will be the name next to GW1 helmet icon.

zanebergeron

Novice Member

OP  7/28/12 5:11:52 PM#17

Have you found out exactly what your GW1 login name is by logging into you master NCSoft account? (don't say what it is or anything..)

Yep, I have tried xxxxx@ncsoft just as it says on my master. 

CURRENTLY PLAYING |GW2|

Vannor

Elite Member

7/28/12 5:16:12 PM#18

On your master account does it say the account type is 'standard' and the account status is 'playable'?

zanebergeron

Novice Member

OP  7/28/12 5:20:32 PM#19

On your master account does it say the account type is 'standard' and the account status is 'playable'?

Yep it is standard and playable

CURRENTLY PLAYING |GW2|

Vannor

Elite Member

7/28/12 5:24:43 PM#20

I'd just email support@guildwars.com then and hope they get to you quickly.

Or use this web form:

https://help.ncsoft.com/app/ask

Form will probably be best cos then it goes straight to the account management team. I'd send to both though.

You might find this forum post useful as well:

https://forum.guildwars.com/forum/forums/accounts/How-do-I-contact-Support

2 Pages 1 2 » Search