Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | World of Warcraft | Marvel Heroes | EverQuest

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,902,102 Users Online:0
Games:753  Posts:6,275,028
Pirate101 (P101)
KingsIsle Entertainment | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 10/08/12)  | Pub:KingsIsle Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:$09.95
System Req: PC Mac | Out of date info? Let us know!

Pirate101 Forum » General Discussion » pure pay to win game

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
26 posts found
  Soraksis

Advanced Member

1/27/13 7:26:15 PM#21
Originally posted by Margulis
Case in point - unlocked a companion through questing that is only avaiable to use through crown shop purchase (as is all of them that are unlockables) and figured the real money cost is over 20 bucks for just the single companion.  AFTER paying the montly subscription fee.

Just felt that I should set the record straight.  Not all companions are available to all classes.   For example my wife, and my daughter, and myself all finished the same quest offering a companion for a reward.  Well all it was for me was a crown shop unlock but my wife and daughter actually got the companion.   You do not have to pay a damn thing for companions I have almost 2 pages of companions now and I haven't spent a dime on this game other than the 7 dollar sub for our accounts.  

I dont believe you were intentionally misleading people but what you stated was misleading none the less.  Having played multiple toons beyond level 30 I can absolutely confirm that what might turn out to be a crown shop unlock companion for one character will be an in game unlock for another.  Now there are a few special characters you will run across ingame that are not for anybody, they are crown shop only but they are few and none of them in no way shape or form will give anyone an advantage if they purchase it.  As a matter of fact there is only one companion that I think is stacked and OP when you get him.  But everyone gets him, its part of the story.

Gravarg

Spotlight Poster

1/28/13 10:51:43 AM#22
I don't think it's pay to win, but it is buy to play.  I bought several of the little ones crowns to buy almost all the areas.  If you put $60 into it, which is what most new games cost anyways, you can unlock almost everything you'll ever need, until they add more...
  User Deleted
2/11/13 4:56:42 PM#23
Not only players spend money on subscriptions or crowns to pay for each area, but we also have to take a chance with loot packs?

Players can't really enjoy everything this game has to offer instead  KingsIsle restricts and give the best items and companions to players with the bigger wallets.

KingsIsle is making the same mistake they did with Wizard101, the same business model by giving unfair advantages to other players. Again I don't see how this game is any better compared to Guild Wars 2.

Guild Wars 2 does not offer loot packs plus items in the in-game shop do not give advantages to other players.
  xpowderx

Novice Member

Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts. Richard Feynman, Nobel-prize-winning physicist

2/12/13 8:12:48 AM#24
Originally posted by Ardu
Not only players spend money on subscriptions or crowns to pay for each area, but we also have to take a chance with loot packs?

Players can't really enjoy everything this game has to offer instead  KingsIsle restricts and give the best items and companions to players with the bigger wallets.

KingsIsle is making the same mistake they did with Wizard101, the same business model by giving unfair advantages to other players. Again I don't see how this game is better compared to Guild Wars 2.

Guild Wars 2 does not offer loot packs plus items in the in-game shop do not give advantages to other players.

Dont blame Kings Isle for the route you chose to go Ardu. I subscribe and my Buccaneer smokes almost every other player in the game at pvp. I dont see any unfair advantage. As all my alts have the coolest equipment you can get in the game. And its withut crowns. Also I get to go wherever I want in the game. You chose the crown route. I chose the monthly sub.

Choices, Choices........

MUST WATCH: http://vimeo.com/105072944

User Deleted
2/15/13 7:44:37 AM#25
Originally posted by xpowderx

KingsIsle is making the same mistake they did with Wizard101, the same business model by giving unfair advantages to other players. Again I don't see how this game is better compared to Guild Wars 2.

Dont blame Kings Isle for the route you chose to go Ardu. I subscribe and my Buccaneer smokes almost every other player in the game at pvp. I dont see any unfair advantage. As all my alts have the coolest equipment you can get in the game. And its withut crowns. Also I get to go wherever I want in the game. You chose the crown route. I chose the monthly sub.

Choices, Choices........

Don't balme KingsIsle for thier pay to win model and subcriptions? I don't see how this company is making a difference rather than just plain offering pay to win mmos.

Margulis

Advanced Member

4/04/13 5:25:27 AM#26

KingsIsle is making the same mistake they did with Wizard101, the same business model by giving unfair advantages to other players. Again I don't see how this game is any better compared to Guild Wars 2.

I think they would call what you a mistake money in the bank.  Sure people with common sense can see how many ways they try to get more money out of you, and either avoid their games like I have chosen to do, or be ok with not having some of the best stuff.  BUT, they target kids, and rightly so - they are the ones who are more impatient and are going to want everything now, so why not bug parents for another game card or whatever?  This company is 100% about milking every ounce they can get.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search