Trending Games | ArcheAge | WildStar | Neverwinter | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,819,136 Users Online:0
Games:731  Posts:6,216,435
Pirate101 (P101)
KingsIsle Entertainment | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 10/08/12)  | Pub:KingsIsle Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:$09.95
System Req: PC Mac | Out of date info? Let us know!

Pirate101 Forum » General Discussion » Pirate101 "Tricks of the Trade!

3 posts found
  xpowderx

Hard Core Member

Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts. Richard Feynman, Nobel-prize-winning physicist

OP  11/16/12 5:31:02 PM#1

I am not very good at these types of things. So hope this goes well.

I play Pirate101(Love it). As such I am going to share some of the things I have learned while playing. These are not exploits and you will not recieve any of those from me. But I will share some knowledge about your characters, companions and some general things that EVERY Pirat101 player can use.

General: I will be sharing a specific aspect of Pirate101 each week. Things I believe will be helpful for Pirate101 players.

General Hint of the week: When questing it is always recommended to do all the quests you can in one area before starting quests in another area.

This week will be some classes of Pirate101. Featuring the Buccaneer and Swashbuckler!

Character Classes: Often times we pick a class to play and do not fully understand what is required of them. In this segment I am going to share the weak and strong points. I will also share how to gear them ect for the best possible outcomes.

Before I go into each specific class I will give a bit of advice. While playing Pirate101 I noticed in combat 80% of those enemies we fight are melee or ranged/melee. As such I would recommend that each of your characters use a armor gear set more than a resist gear set. I also recommend keeping a outfit of each. So you have the gear for those couple of encounters where resist gear is important.

Now to character classes.

Buccaneer: Buccaneer is Pirate101's version of a tank. Heavily armored and does decent damage. A buccaneers strong point is taking punishment.  Also the bucaneer does very good damage when a enemy attacks him. A buccaneer has a couple of really good skills that will make a opponent dread attacking him!

When gearing a buccaneer I would recommend heavy armor when available with gear stats in both strength and hit points. As strength is a buccanneers primary stat. Some prefer strength an agility to str and hit points.

Where should I spend buccaneers training points. Good question right? The best class that goes well with buccaneer is privateeer. Besides a privateer making your tank even more tanky. You get good heals if you spend your training points into that alt class.

Strengths: Great up close and personal attacker. Awesome defense and has some of the best offensive and defensive buffs in game. Just remember that a buccaneers strong point is strength.

Weakness: When in a large group in combat., finding that right spot to attack can be frustrating. Also, ranged is weakness unless you have strong block and dodge.

Swashbuckler: Swashbuckler is Pirate101's version of a rogue. Swashbucklers if specced correctly in game are a much feared opponent. The damage output can be at least "very good" to "devastating". Of all the classes in Pirate101 this is one I would not want to duel.

When gearing a swashbuckler I would recommend agility and hit point gear. As swashbucklers do not get heavy armor initially. A swashbucklers primary attribute is agility. As such they make incredible dodge artists. Keep this in mind!

Where should I spend my training points?Swashbucklers have two really good classes to choose from. They can go Buccaneer for heavy armor and tank buffage or Ptivateer. I like the Swashbuckler/Buccaneer version. Nothing like doing wicked damage and then have good protection when a enemy or enemies attack. Privateer is good because you get heals. But other than that I see no other reason for privateer.

Strengths:Long movement radius, sneak attack and the ability to backstab. Incredible damage potential! Great up close when fighting solo targets. Great dodge ability, even with ranged! Abilities that enhance attacks for even more damage!

Weakness: Fighting more than one target at a time. A swashbuckler getting surrounded by enemies is a very bad thing! Swashbucklers often have to be very careful on the targets they select. Limited attacking with large groups(Need to stay outside the enemy groups not in the middle.

This is my first installment of Tricks of the Trade. Next week will be the hint of the week, two more classes and maybe a little talking about companions!

Please feel free to add any tricks of the trade you have! As long as they are not exploits or quest related!

Success is your proof;
courage is your armour;
go on, go on, in my strength;
& ye shall turn not back for any!
— Liber AL III:46

Ahil6

Apprentice Member

12/25/12 10:37:55 AM#2

As someone just starting out in this game, a hearty tip of the cap and thank you.

:)

KingJiggly

Novice Member

Definition for innovation is below. Your welcome.

12/25/12 10:39:57 AM#3
Yay! Hopefully we will get more pirate101 representation since they won goty.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/innovation