Trending Games | ArcheAge | WildStar | Guild Wars 2 | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,782,799 Users Online:0
Games:723  Posts:6,192,223
Pirate101 (P101)
KingsIsle Entertainment | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 10/08/12)  | Pub:KingsIsle Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:$09.95
System Req: PC Mac | Out of date info? Let us know!

Pirate101 Forum » General Discussion » Prepping for PVP..

5 posts found
  xpowderx

Advanced Member

Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.
Richard Feynman, Nobel-prize-winning physicist

OP  11/09/12 2:23:11 PM#1

AHOY MATEY's !

As of yet KI has not announced a date for PVP in Pirate101. But they did say it is coming! As such I am getting a early start on prepping my character for it. As well as my companions!

I play a buccaneer,with my alt points in privateer. Has worked out well for me and my companions!

As a Buccaneer who is the tanky type of character in Pirates. I am making sure I fit that role well!

So since we know Pvp is coming to Pirates. A question for you pirates out there. What class do you think will be the best class for pvping? If they add companions to pvp. What companion will be your pick?

Success is your proof;
courage is your armour;
go on, go on, in my strength;
& ye shall turn not back for any!
— Liber AL III:46

StonesDK

Hard Core Member

11/10/12 11:11:38 AM#2

Witchdoctor

the fact you get a spell that cripples a persons best character for 3 rounds only to have it move 1 square the fourth round is pretty OP when it comes to PvP, unless they make changes to its range and active turns

We all know how OP stun was in Wizard101 pre nerfs

StonesDK

Hard Core Member

12/13/12 7:22:36 AM#3
Looks like the crown shop will be available during PvP, so expect to be at a disadvantage if you don't want to buy booster potions for real cash
  xpowderx

Advanced Member

Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.
Richard Feynman, Nobel-prize-winning physicist

OP  12/24/12 9:24:20 PM#4
Hey Starpower. Been doing a bit of pvp as of late. Pretty fun til you meet those uber 50ies in all gold gear :-D PVP is good with any class with the right mixture of companions. My Buccaneer does pretty good. I am definitely liking it! Not 50 yet of course(Thank you WORK!). But have to say, am fully enjoying this title.

Success is your proof;
courage is your armour;
go on, go on, in my strength;
& ye shall turn not back for any!
— Liber AL III:46

StonesDK

Hard Core Member

12/26/12 11:31:24 PM#5
Originally posted by xpowderx
Hey Starpower. Been doing a bit of pvp as of late. Pretty fun til you meet those uber 50ies in all gold gear :-D PVP is good with any class with the right mixture of companions. My Buccaneer does pretty good. I am definitely liking it! Not 50 yet of course(Thank you WORK!). But have to say, am fully enjoying this title.

KingsIsle makes excellent games no question about it. The have 3 more games in development, it will be interesting to see what they come up with