Trending Games | ArcheAge | Guild Wars 2 | WildStar | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,785,385 Users Online:0
Games:723  Posts:6,192,810
ACRONYM Games
MMORPG | Genre:Real Life | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel N/A)  | Pub:Roadhouse Interactive
Distribution: | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC Mac | Out of date info? Let us know!

Family Guy Online Forum » General Discussion » Not ready yet imho

4 posts found
  grimboj

Apprentice Member

Game hopping since 2003.

OP  5/07/12 3:48:35 AM#1

Here is a quick summary of the negatives of the game so far for me:

• There is about 5 hours of content
  • There are a lot of debilitating bugs including missing rewards
  • There is one public quest / dungeon which is kinda fun
  • There is nothing to do after the 5 hours of content other than: *Repeat it on a different character or *Grind coins in the hope that something really cool is released that requires thousands of coins (currently there is only a hat made of pancakes).
  • The game is really popular, at 4am EST I can still complete the public quest albeit with 4 people.
  • Despite the lack of content, the item mall is fully up and running, happily charging $3-$4 for a pair of sunglasses during an OB.
  • The browser based format is quite annoying. You can select something from afar but you have to select it AGAIN when it comes closer., now imagine a quest to kill 40 of somthing :P The game makes Chrome use 1.2GB of ram. The game lags on a quad-core i5 because something about it is single threaded.
  • The forum suggests that bugs from two weeks ago haven't been fixed.

I am really loving what they've done, the atmosphere is edgy, all your favorite characters are there and the 'cell shaded' look is perfect. I'm still playing just to enjoy the atmosphere however I will probably not play for much longer as there's quite a lot about the current version of the game that is quite annoying and I ran out of content yesterday.

--
Note: PlayNC will refuse to allow you access to your account if you forget your password and can't provide a scanned image of the product key for the first product you purchased..... LOL

grimboj

Apprentice Member

Game hopping since 2003.

OP  5/07/12 3:52:54 AM#2

I forgot to mention, it doesn't look like there is any sortof guild system and the ingame chat is pretty limited (a tiny box that you can't resize that randomly stops scrolling to the latest message). People try to chat in the street but its pretty broken conversation usually.

--
Note: PlayNC will refuse to allow you access to your account if you forget your password and can't provide a scanned image of the product key for the first product you purchased..... LOL

pierth

Novice Member

5/07/12 3:56:44 AM#3

I played for a few hours last beta and while I enjoyed being able to explore the neighborhood and found the client very good for a browser game all in all it was just boring. Straight quest-grinding ad nauseum.

NasherUK

Advanced Member

5/24/12 11:58:54 AM#4

This game would have been so much better if it was just an open-world sandbox instead of a quest grinder.  They should have let you buy houses, build stupid stuff, whatever... generaly have a laugh. At the moment it's pretty boring.

On top of that they expect people to actually pay to unlock extra quests etc. Which isn't cheap either...