Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | WildStar | ArcheAge | Star Wars: The Old Republic

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,644,200 Users Online:0
Games:681  Posts:6,077,823
Furcadia (FCA)
Dragon's Eye Productions | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 12/16/96)  | Pub:Dragon's Eye Productions
Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC Mac Linux | Out of date info? Let us know!

Furcadia Forum » General Discussion » Furcadia: The Second Dreaming

2 posts found
  AzurePrower

Hard Core Member

Ahh yes, "Hypers." The people who praise and hate every MMORPG... We've dismissed that claim.

OP  11/25/12 7:11:20 AM#1

So yeah. Here's the deal.

Haven't touched this in ages and found this kick starter advertisement in my e-mail spam box:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSgu3XsL9mY

Pretty much posting this here to see others reaction to this video since I don't find these 'potential updates' exciting at all personally. The 'game' has aged poorly along with other negative things bringing it down. This video though. I have really no words to describe it.

ThumbtackJ

Novice Member

11/25/12 7:36:44 AM#2

I haven't played in about a decade. Since I was like 13 or 14. I had a lot of fun with it way back when (I played from 1999-2003), especially creating your own "dreams". It offered a lot of cool possiblilities what with the in-game "coding" that they called Dragonspeak. But there was a lot of... oddness... to it as well (the FurN specifically), and I lost interest over time, and as the OP said, it hasn't aged well.

The video was very poor quality. Not saying I expect 1080p from cameras that costs hundreds/thousands, but it appeared to be made with $20 webcams from the bargain shelf at Walmart. But I suppose they got their message across, and while I'm personally no longer interested, they've almost hit their goal, so apparently there are those that are. Good for them I say, wish I had an online game I could call home.

Om bhur bhuvah svah
tát savitúr váreniyam
bhárgo devásya dhimahi
dhíyo yó nah pracodáyat