Trending Games | War Thunder | Elder Scrolls Online | World of Warcraft | Guild Wars 2

  Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,905,678 Users Online:0
Games:757  Posts:6,295,973
ArtPlant | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Development  (est.rel N/A)  | Pub:Bigpoint Games
Distribution: | Retail Price:n/a | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

14 posts found
  Konfess

Elite Member

Joined: 10/10/07
Posts: 777

 
OP  3/21/12 3:46:19 PM#1

The Official Site link from MMORPG.com takes you to a page that says. "Game of Thrones, is coming soon to your browser."  This implies that the game will be a browser and not a Desktop Client, as stated on MMORPGs general information page for GoT.  I hope someone would double check this and update the MMORPG information.  If however I am wrong in my interpretation of this information I apologize.

Pardon any spelling errors
Konfess your cyns and some maybe forgiven
Boy: Why can't I talk to Him?
Mom: We don't talk to Priests.

  RefMinor

Advanced Member

Joined: 7/16/11
Posts: 3545

Hipster

3/21/12 3:47:11 PM#2
It will be a browser based game yes.
  dronfwar

Novice Member

Joined: 10/14/11
Posts: 323

1+1=1
(IMO)

3/21/12 3:48:20 PM#3

as far as i know, it will be Unreal Engine via Flash Player.

  XAleX360

Advanced Member

Joined: 9/12/08
Posts: 358

3/22/12 9:01:20 AM#4
Originally posted by dronfwar

as far as i know, it will be Unreal Engine via Flash Player.

The game uses Unity Engine.

Founder, CEO & Editor in Chief of Worlds Factory, a brand new videogame and entertainment online publication.

  karmath

Novice Member

Joined: 8/24/05
Posts: 843

3/22/12 9:08:19 AM#5

Go play BSG Online, you get a feel what its going to be like, which is terrible. Such a shame.

  dronfwar

Novice Member

Joined: 10/14/11
Posts: 323

1+1=1
(IMO)

3/22/12 10:05:04 AM#6
Originally posted by XAleX360
Originally posted by dronfwar

as far as i know, it will be Unreal Engine via Flash Player.

The game uses Unity Engine.

forget it I twisted that up. seems there is also a singleplayer RPG coming for PC, Xbox and PS3

http://www.gameofthrones-rpg.com/

and this one uses UE3

http://www.pcgames.de/Game-of-Thrones-PC-236697/News/Game-of-Thrones-Neue-Bilder-zum-Unreal-Engine-3-Rollenspiel-erschienen-863475/

 

and the MMORPG uses unity3d.

  Belgar

Novice Member

Joined: 12/11/03
Posts: 27

3/25/12 10:46:07 AM#7

Nice, looking forward to trying GoT out soon.

  voltt

Apprentice Member

Joined: 3/16/07
Posts: 237

3/25/12 10:50:37 AM#8

browser games have come along way, scrteens look amazing. If you play battlefield play for free that is a browser game. Still requriesd a download of about 500megs. I would assume a larger client download for GOT

  UnleadedRev

Apprentice Member

Joined: 7/07/10
Posts: 317

5/14/12 7:32:17 PM#9

Corn! Corn! Snow! Snow! Oh No! Browser based games are a NO! NO!

Fear the Alien, the Psyker, the Heretic, the moronic Steam Moderator.

  Loke666

Hard Core Member

Joined: 10/29/07
Posts: 16810

5/14/12 7:34:56 PM#10
Originally posted by voltt

browser games have come along way, scrteens look amazing. If you play battlefield play for free that is a browser game. Still requriesd a download of about 500megs. I would assume a larger client download for GOT

Well, yes but they still have a long way to go.

Sorry but the IP deserves better, and the same goes for Shadowrun.

  holifeet

Novice Member

Joined: 10/09/05
Posts: 534

7/05/12 3:10:18 AM#11
Originally posted by Loke666
Originally posted by voltt

browser games have come along way, scrteens look amazing. If you play battlefield play for free that is a browser game. Still requriesd a download of about 500megs. I would assume a larger client download for GOT

Well, yes but they still have a long way to go.

Sorry but the IP deserves better, and the same goes for Shadowrun.

I agree, the IP is deserving of some kick arse MMO that possibly also moves the genre on even further.

But let's wait for the game to be released and shown before we jump to conclusions about how good a browser based game can be. Gameplay is the be all and end all of gaming for many people, and that might just be fantastic even in a browser game.

All hail the Pixel, for it is glorious Orange!
.

  kidkiedis

Novice Member

Joined: 7/09/12
Posts: 6

7/09/12 4:00:24 AM#12
Originally posted by holifeet
I agree, the IP is deserving of some kick arse MMO that possibly also moves the genre on even further.

But let's wait for the game to be released and shown before we jump to conclusions about how good a browser based game can be. Gameplay is the be all and end all of gaming for many people, and that might just be fantastic even in a browser game.

I surely don't need another wow clone but with Starks instead of Order..

Features for now look just perfect. Realy first trailers would reveal much more then screens. Few days left.

  Kreedz

Novice Member

Joined: 5/11/11
Posts: 448

7/09/12 4:40:25 AM#13

Browser Games and to a greater extent 'Cloud' games are on the rise atm, when I attended GDC I saw the potential for some very awesome games coming to the browser. There will be some big news coming out of the Cloud Gaming scene in the next year or two, I wish I could say more on the subject but I am under a sort of 'verbal' NDA.

Just keep your eyes open, I think X-Platform gaming will become very succesful in the near future, and I wouldn't dismiss browser technology just yet.

 

"The problem with quotes from the Internet is that it's almost impossible to validate their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln

  SlickShoes

Novice Member

Joined: 3/01/06
Posts: 1040

7/09/12 4:52:01 AM#14
Originally posted by Kreedz

Browser Games and to a greater extent 'Cloud' games are on the rise atm, when I attended GDC I saw the potential for some very awesome games coming to the browser. There will be some big news coming out of the Cloud Gaming scene in the next year or two, I wish I could say more on the subject but I am under a sort of 'verbal' NDA.

Just keep your eyes open, I think X-Platform gaming will become very succesful in the near future, and I wouldn't dismiss browser technology just yet.

 

Agree on the cloud gaming thing, I thought OnLive was pretty cool and I probably would have subscribed to it if my country had a better network infrastructure. The technology to do these things is here it's just the infrastructure to support it well is not in place yet, I think it will be a while before most western countries have good enough broadband networks for this to work flawlessly. Especially now in a recession upgrading peoples internet speeds is not top of the menu any more.