Trending Games | ArcheAge | World of Warcraft | Elder Scrolls Online | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,923,639 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,317,220
Black Eye Studio | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Development  (est.rel N/A)  | Pub: ClapAlong
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Ether Fields Forum » General Discussion » Is this game a sandbox MMO?

3 posts found
  MMOExposed

Spotlight Poster

OP  1/20/12 10:03:47 AM#1
Is this game a sandbox MMO?

Loktofeit

Hard Core Member

Currently playing EVE, SMITE, ArcheAge, and Combat Arms

1/20/12 10:17:05 AM#2

I wish there was more information ot be able to tell. Couldn't find much about it.

"And wikipedia is as accurate as Britannica. Wikipedia is very reliable. You would be hard pressed to find a more reliable source for these kinds of things." -fivoroth

F2Pelerin118

Apprentice Member

1/21/12 8:52:42 PM#3

I could be wrong, but from what I've played it seems more like a large, more open theme-park similar to VG (which I really like) but I do know they plan to add in crafting, the depth of which I don't know - but I'm not expecting much sandbox elements.

One thing to note is that while in alpha stage it's FFA PvP, this will change come release/later builds as they plan to have safe areas and I'm pretty sure it's been confirmed the game WON'T be full-loot.

Hope that helps, in any case I reccomend you give the alpha a go - it's open to try and while it's not fully translated, the basics are in english and it's totally playable. I've had good fun exploring and hunting/gathering, some of the envireonments and setpieces, not to mention the cities are very impressive.